HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp Question...

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 08:09 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Training Camp Question...

Does anyone know if there is a limit on players allowed to go to training camp? ALSO, is Greg Moore under pro contract?

Old
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
modestfwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Does anyone know if there is a limit on players allowed to go to training camp? ALSO, is Greg Moore under pro contract?
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Greg Moore is playing for Maine next season, so he hasn't been signed yet.

Old
09-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestfwd
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Greg Moore is playing for Maine next season, so he hasn't been signed yet.
Yup no pro contract for him.

I think you can bring as many as you would like to training camp.

Old
09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
NYR469

greg moore is not under contract and will play at maine again this year...

and there are no league rules limiting the number of players in camp, but the individual teams normally limit the number of guys they invite because the more players you have the harder it is to accomplish anything because guys spend more time standing around between drills and its a waste to work on special teams or anything like that cause 75% of the guys will be gone...

the last 2 years the rangers have basically invited nyr and wolfpack players only. they didn't invite any of the junior or european guys because it is alot easier with 40-50 guys than 70-80 guys to accomplish more then simply getting into shape.

Old
09-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Edge

This year you might see a difference {if there is a normal training camp} simply because the Rangers have a lot of holes and need a lot of transition players.

Old
09-12-2004, 01:35 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
This year you might see a difference {if there is a normal training camp} simply because the Rangers have a lot of holes and need a lot of transition players.
i don't know if it will change much simply because there are guys in juniors/europe that you know aren't going to make the team no matter what so why bring them to camp??

to me even more than in the past there should be even more importance to isolating just the guys who have a legit shot at making the team so there can be more focus put on the 10-15 kids that will be fighting for spots...

limiting the camp roster would give the kids fighting for spots more opportunity to prove themselves with more preseason ice time plus more opportunity to play with the established nhlers

Old
09-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
In the new THN they have training camp rosters for all NHL teams. I think the Rangers have one of the shortest lists and the Caps have a lot of guys coming in.
GOALIES:
Blackburn
Montoya
Lundqvist
Labarbera
Dunham
Osaer
Valiquette
Weekes

Defense:
Baranka
Gillies
Grenier
Guenin
Kasper
Kondratiev
Lampman
Liffiton
MacMillan
Marshall
Nycholat
Pock
Poti
Purinton
Rachunek
Strudwick
Tyutin

Fowards:
Balej
Betts
Gernander
Giroux
M.Green
Holik
Hollweg
Immonen
Jagr
Jessiman
Korpikoski
Lundmark
MacDonald
D.Moore
G. Murray
Nylander
Ortmeyer
Prucha
Scott
L. Ulmer
Weller
Wiseman

Says camp opens Sept 16th at Greenburgh NY.

Old
09-12-2004, 05:40 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
In the new THN they have training camp rosters for all NHL teams. I think the Rangers have one of the shortest lists and the Caps have a lot of guys coming in.
GOALIES:
Blackburn
Montoya
Lundqvist
Labarbera
Dunham
Osaer
Valiquette
Weekes

Defense:
Baranka
Gillies
Grenier
Guenin
Kasper
Kondratiev
Lampman
Liffiton
MacMillan
Marshall
Nycholat
Pock
Poti
Purinton
Rachunek
Strudwick
Tyutin

Fowards:
Balej
Betts
Gernander
Giroux
M.Green
Holik
Hollweg
Immonen
Jagr
Jessiman
Korpikoski
Lundmark
MacDonald
D.Moore
G. Murray
Nylander
Ortmeyer
Prucha
Scott
L. Ulmer
Weller
Wiseman

Odd to see guys like Prucha, Korpikoski and Lundqvist on it since they will be playing overseas. Am I missing something or is this commonplace?

Old
09-12-2004, 05:53 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27
that was the schedule start date if the cba was in place on time, but camp will be canceled/postponed when the lockout starts...

the wolfpack will open camp in greenburgh on 9/26 instead...

also on the roster listed by THN, that gives you a general idea but i don't think it is an official list from the team and isn't 100% accurate...

in fact from that list montoya, guenin, and jessiman won't be in camp cause they are going back to college...lundqvist, immonen, korpikoski, and prucha won't be in camp cause they weren't signed and will have started their europe camps...macdonald signed with toronto, mike green signed in europe (and hasn't been re-signed by the rangers)...and baranka is maybe but he already started playing the preseason in juniors so good chance he won't be in camp either.

Old
09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
that was the schedule start date if the cba was in place on time, but camp will be canceled/postponed when the lockout starts...

the wolfpack will open camp in greenburgh on 9/26 instead...

also on the roster listed by THN, that gives you a general idea but i don't think it is an official list from the team and isn't 100% accurate...

in fact from that list montoya, guenin, and jessiman won't be in camp cause they are going back to college...lundqvist, immonen, korpikoski, and prucha won't be in camp cause they weren't signed and will have started their europe camps...macdonald signed with toronto, mike green signed in europe (and hasn't been re-signed by the rangers)...and baranka is maybe but he already started playing the preseason in juniors so good chance he won't be in camp either.

Wow! I thought that list was short enough, now minus those guys you just mentioned it is even shorter. I really hope the CBA gets done in time, because there are going to be signings galore and it should be fun. No way the Rangers have camp with so few guys.............I see a lot of signings happening then.

Closed Thread