HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Okposo

Old
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
Frankly, it doesn't matter if you think Okposo is a disappointment. He's cost-controlled for 5 years, the Isles are cheap, and Snow has been completely unwilling or unable to make significant moves over the last 3 years.

There isn't a snowball's chance in Hell of Okposo being traded.
If the right deal came along he'd be traded. By no means is KO an untouchable imo.

And the isles should be seeing what he can get right now. Because if he continues to play like this, no one will want him.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:34 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
If the right deal came along he'd be traded. By no means is KO an untouchable imo.

And the isles should be seeing what he can get right now. Because if he continues to play like this, no one will want him.

That injury hurt him. I dont know if hes fully healed yet. He's like Staal, you dont know what your going to get until they are fully healed, if ever.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
something revolving around bouwmeester for okposo + salary dump...
flame away but you cannot say the isles haven't done crazier things.
Not since Dinglebury

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:38 PM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Not trying to be a dick, just tired of the Okposo trade threads.

But 2.8mil for a solid 2-way 2nd liner isn't bad if you ask me. Just look at some of the contracts handed out this off-season. Obviously he isn't playing like that right now, but half the team is in a coma right now, it's not like he's the only one.
is he a 2nd liner? if many of the islanders prospects were 2nd liners at this point, we wouldnt be in half the mess we are right now

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
is he a 2nd liner? if many of the islanders prospects were 2nd liners at this point, we wouldnt be in half the mess we are right now
Right now I'd say he isn't even a 3rd liner.

He isn't forechecking, he isn't hitting, he isn't causing turnovers, he isn't getting scoring chances. I think the last really great scoring chance he had was when he hit the post opening night.

It would be one thing if Kyles issue in 2011-12 was just a case of not producing on the scoresheet. But the great part about Kyle his first 2 years in the league was even if he wasn't scoring, he was still doing other things to help the team. He isn't doing those things now.

He is my favorite player on the team, but he's been very timid this season. Not deserving of the ice time. I really hope he's the one who gets scratched tonight for Nino. It would send a message to the rest of the locker room. Far louder a message then if they were to bench one of Comeau, Pandolfo, Reasoner, Rolston or Bailey.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
That injury hurt him. I dont know if hes fully healed yet. He's like Staal, you dont know what your going to get until they are fully healed, if ever.
He's not anything like Staal. Staal is a proven #1 d-man for over multiple years.

KO had one good season. Sure the injury may be affecting him. But you can't compare KO to Staal because there worth just isn't similar.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Hipster Letestu

Maybe underachieving center for underachieving winger?

To NYI
Derick Brassard
Prospect defenseman (Ruth or Holden?)

To CBJ
Kyle Okposo

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:35 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTO BREEZE View Post
Lets take it easy, Jensen was the second to last pick in the first round, plus where is Schroeder today?
I wouldn't deal Jenssen straight up for Okposo.

Okposo has been a disappointment lately, and there are no guarantees he'll bounce back after his injuries. As other Isles fans have said, he's not even performing like a good 3rd liner at this point.

Jenssen may have been the 29th pick, but he was rated a lot higher going into the draft, and he was one of the team's better performers in his first camp as an 18 year old and already looks physically ready to play in the NHL. At this point he's the team's #4 overall prospect (Hodgson, Tanev and Lack being the top-3). Would not consider moving him for a struggling power forward who's lost that power and is coming off serious injury where he hasn't looked the same since.

Comparable asset on the Canucks right now is Ballard. A top-4 dmen through most of his careeran who's struggled in Vancouver, not due to injury (he's among the more durable dmen around), but because of his failure to fit the system. He's basically in the same boat as Okposo in that regard - maybe needs a change of scenery.

I doubt any team gives up a prospect they regard as highly as the Canucks do with Jenssen for Ballard though.

If Okposo is available at a price that reflects his current struggles and the risks of coming back to form from his injuries, then I'm sure teams will be interested in taking that level of risk.

If the Isles expect a return that reflects his potential prior to injuries and assume he'll come back to form, they won't be able to move him as I doubt teams would have interest in picking him up with that kind of risk.

Given everything - injuries, struggles, contract, etc - I doubt any team is willing to give up a 1st or a top prospect the organization is very high on (like the Canucks are with Jenssen). The Isles best bet for return is an equally struggling player that also needs a change of scenery (like Ballard), or they sell low on futures (2nd round, mid-level prospects), which I'd guess they'd only do after this season when/if they have other youngsters like Nino or Kabanov, etc that need that spot on the pro roster.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
KH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post

As others have pointed out, Okposo combines a substantial cap hit with a $1 million dollar salary this year and $2 million next year. For that reason alone, the Isles would never trade him--they're too cheap to do so.

Additionally, now is the worst possible time to deal him. Why get rid of the guy at his lowest value?

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:09 PM
binx bolling

Quote:
Yes cause he's such a wonderful player, face it he's a bull whose lost his horns and you can thank Phaneuf for that. Swear one day I hope the Isles finally do something right with the player who doesn't like to back up his actions. They never did anything to Marcy Tucker and that still bothers the hell out of me...I'd package Okie with a third for a Canadiens or Wild first..
The first part has a nugget of truth. Okposo lost something on that play.

The 2nd is silly. If Okposo isn't getting you are first alone, particularly a middle of the pack first, you don't trade him. That being said, isles need a player for Okposo.

binx bolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
OpenIceHit42

Okposo a healthy scratch tonight. Wonder what it would take from St.Louis to get him?

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
Pre-injury he was easily a 2nd liner. Even last year after coming back from the injury he was on pace for 40pts.

But like I said he isn't playing like a 2nd liner right now. I do think he will bounce back though, maybe being a healthy scratch will light a fire under his ass.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:49 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I think it would cost a player who's playing better who is slightly overpaid and has multiple years left on his contract.

I really don't see him going anywhere. His problems could be from lack of chemistry

Oilers might offer gagner+ for him, but that's a pretty lateral move for the islanders.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
Quote:
Jensen or Schroeder and a third?
Schroeder and a 3 rd? Deal!

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
Okposo a healthy scratch tonight. Wonder what it would take from St.Louis to get him?
He isn't going anywhere, Cappy is just trying to wake him the **** up.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:55 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
He isn't going anywhere, Cappy is just trying to wake him the **** up.
Then they should play him with tavares

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Yashin for President

Gagner for KO. Both in similar situations but one has a longer contract so maybe a high pick goes to the Isles. Im all for this. Gagner when on his game is a very gifted player. KO would actually be a nice fit in Edmonton with all of that speed.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Gagner + Peckham for Okposo

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Rangers offer Christensen and a 3rd. Or drop the 3rd and just add in a B level prospect.

He'd be a nice fit in our bottom 6. Maybe one day find his scoring touch again, too.

------

I realize he's coming back from injury, but he's been just terrible this year. I'm pretty surprised. I was never overly high on him (the Iginla comparisons thrown around were just horrible and probably put way too much pressure on the kid). But he should be a better player than he was even pre-injury.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Yashin for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post
Gagner + Peckham for Okposo
Done, I dont understand why the Oilers would give up on Gagner though to be honest.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:40 PM
A Pointed Stick
W.W.J.C.D?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
The question really is, what can we combine with Okposo to get Pietrangelo?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 05:01 AM
2min4lookingsogood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
Gagner for KO. Both in similar situations but one has a longer contract so maybe a high pick goes to the Isles. Im all for this. Gagner when on his game is a very gifted player. KO would actually be a nice fit in Edmonton with all of that speed.

This is kind of what I was thinking, fresh start for both players.

2min4lookingsogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
The question really is, what can we combine with Okposo to get Pietrangelo?
Have to add a hell of a lot to get Pietrangelo, and when I say a hell of a lot it means that Okposo would just be a minor piece to that deal.

Okposo plays the game like a certain word for female genitalia. It's at the point it's almost embarressing to watch because of the type of player he should be right now.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Capn Brown

There's always Penner.....

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
skroob**

Callahan? Of course, Rangers would have to add, because "Callahan can't hold Okposo's jock"

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote