HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Enroth in net .... Can he? Will he? Is he?

Old
11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
Hey guys....

ENROTH
Exactly!!!

Thank you

Someone rekindle the GCT thread from a couple weeks ago

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Miller 2.58 .914
Lehtonen 2.76 .914
Theodore 2.68 .909 VEZINA
Niemi 2.36 .916 CUP
Smith 2.66 .909
Crawford 2.44 .913

same ball park. each goalie has much different circumstances, and all are at different stages of their careers.

all are interchangeable
C'mon Jame, that's a joke, and you've enough hockey knowledge to not know it.

Lehtonen is, unfortunately, injury plagued, and looks to be out again.
Theodore? Really? A guy who hasn't put together a decent season in nearly a decade? (I know he's of to a decent start, but... really=)
Niemi won the Cup, sure. Behind a stacked team. If anything, he was more adequate than he carried the team.
Smith? Guy was never a legit #1, and looked finished in the NHL before Tippet saved him.
Crawford's still young and improving, but he's playing nowhere near Miller's level yet.

Anyway...

Enroth.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
C'mon Jame, that's a joke, and you've enough hockey knowledge to not know it.

Lehtonen is, unfortunately, injury plagued, and looks to be out again.
Theodore? Really? A guy who hasn't put together a decent season in nearly a decade? (I know he's of to a decent start, but... really=)
Niemi won the Cup, sure. Behind a stacked team. If anything, he was more adequate than he carried the team.
Smith? Guy was never a legit #1, and looked finished in the NHL before Tippet saved him.
Crawford's still young and improving, but he's playing nowhere near Miller's level yet.

Anyway...

Enroth.
Your comments are spot on. Point is... anyone can have a good year.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd say this arguable at best if it wasn't just flat out wrong. Enroth has a .897 SV% since Miller got injured this year. If you include the time he was the starter last season after Miller got injured in March, his SV% as a starter is a pedestrian .902 SV%. Enroth hasn't shown the ability to carry the load as a starter when the opponent is preparing for him and only him.
Enroth has a .906 % as a starter since Miller got injured. That's in a small 7 game sample size.

If we include the 6 game sample size as a starter from the previous season (3/30 - 4/9) it's .907 %

if you REALLY want to include the Boston game in the sample to drag down his % (he did not start this game, but came in relief of Miller in the 3rd period), then I must insist that you also include the game he started just 24 hours before that.

In that case, Including those 2 games with the 7 started this year, and the 6 started last year. his S % is .909 %

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 01:30 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

So with Miller back from his injury..... How did Enroth do overall as our starter?

He went 3-5-1 if I'm correct, with most of those games with a pretty depleted roster. I thought he did well overall. It was a good chunk of games to really see what we have in him. He looked solid on most games, he's calm, and he battles. Does he look like a starting NHL goalie today? I don't think so. I think he's a very capable backup, and i for one, am thankful for that! But I do think he may very well develop into a starter. He has the skills and good attitude to get there.

ZZamboni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
So with Miller back from his injury..... How did Enroth do overall as our starter?

He went 3-5-1 if I'm correct, with most of those games with a pretty depleted roster. I thought he did well overall. It was a good chunk of games to really see what we have in him. He looked solid on most games, he's calm, and he battles. Does he look like a starting NHL goalie today? I don't think so. I think he's a very capable backup, and i for one, am thankful for that! But I do think he may very well develop into a starter. He has the skills and good attitude to get there.
He did good, overall.

He had some stinkers, but mostly in games the team never bothered to show up (Columbus, Detroit).

Considering he's a rookie, he handled the whole thing admirably.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote