HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tyler Myers

Old
11-14-2011, 10:22 PM
static80

vCash: 500
Buffalo isn't moving Myers.

But the discussion is fun

static80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Kessel?

Oh wait I forgot, Leafs players aren't worth anything on here.

why would buffalo do that?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I really cant see Buffalo trading Myers in the next 5 years. Young players go through slumps all the time. He will mature into one of the games best.
I wouldnt even make a proposal because the response will be Hall or RNH or Eberle and keep adding

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimTime View Post
Philly gets hosed.
I don't see it that way @ all.

We trade a center prospect who has a lot of potential, just as Myers has tons of potential, a soon to be UFA defenseman who we'd have no use for if we acquire Myers, and a 2nd round pick (which we're notorious for giving up).

I'd have no problem making that move as a Flyers fan...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972sabres View Post
why would buffalo do that?
Yeah I don't see them ever moving Myers unless its for a guy like Doughty.

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:18 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Kessel?

Oh wait I forgot, Leafs players aren't worth anything on here.
Myers is a 6'7 DMan who won the Calder when he was 20. Do you realize how insanely ridiculous that is? There are very few players who have the potential that Myers has, and Kessel does not touch it. Kessel imo will be a 70-90 at the absolute most pt guy. Myers has the potential to score 50-65 pts, and he's HALF A FOOT taller than the average DMan. I know there's not a Sens player I think is worth Myers, and thats not a slight against Ottawa at all.
Sack up buddy, stop feeling so sorry for yourself just because people aren't falling all over your players.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Since he's done well as a rookie and has been forgettable since, the Blue Jackets offer Steve Mason straight up.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:36 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Since he's done well as a rookie and has been forgettable since, the Blue Jackets offer Steve Mason straight up.
not sure if serious

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:37 PM
jeanlucgrandpierre
Buffalo Sabres Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Maybe to the outsiders, but down the stretch last season he was one of the best in the league and I have no qualms saying that. He is young and still needs to grow into his role, but no one should be really worried about him. He started slow last season and turned it around just fine.

jeanlucgrandpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:39 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Considering Buffalo is 2nd in the East, they have no need to even make a shakeup trade. If they are performing like this when Myers is in a slump, imagine how they will be when he gets out of this funk.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Myers is a 6'7 DMan who won the Calder when he was 20. Do you realize how insanely ridiculous that is? There are very few players who have the potential that Myers has, and Kessel does not touch it. Kessel imo will be a 70-90 at the absolute most pt guy. Myers has the potential to score 50-65 pts, and he's HALF A FOOT taller than the average DMan. I know there's not a Sens player I think is worth Myers, and thats not a slight against Ottawa at all.
Sack up buddy, stop feeling so sorry for yourself just because people aren't falling all over your players.
I think you went over the top with this. Spezza is more certainly worth Myers and in my opinion (though I can't state it as a fact) Karlsson is worth more than Myers.

Interestingly enough, seeing as how we are both fans of a the same team in their division, I personally find Myers to be overrated.

To each his own I guess.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:41 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Flyers offer:

Brayden Schenn + Matt Carle + 2012 2nd

for

Tyler Myers + Paul Gaustad

I think Buffalo would need to add a cap dump to make it work w/ the cap... but thoughts?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I think you went over the top with this. Spezza is more certainly worth Myers and in my opinion (though I can't state it as a fact) Karlsson is worth more than Myers.

Interestingly enough, seeing as how we are both fans of a the same team in their division, I personally find Myers to be overrated.

To each his own I guess.
MAYBE they would trade Myers for Spezza just because it addresses a more glaring need, but I doubt it.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
DrinkTheOilaid*

Eberle + Gagner + Omark + Gilbert + Peckham for Myers is what I would offer. Adding these guys to their lineup would make BUF a better overall team than with Myers.

Gilbert is playing very well and could soften the loss of Myers on D minute wise, and all these players are young enough to be a part of the team long term.

EDM does this because they have depth.

Gagner and Eberle are guaranteed to be solid players for years. Gilbert is still young and Omark and Peckham are the wild cards of just how much they might bring.

Omark and Lieno would be dynamite together IMO. Which would make the Omark inclusion in this trade very valuable. (maybe this is a smaller trade that BUF should make)

Peckham is included because he brings some toughness that BUF needs.

I value Gilbert in a similar class to Leopold based on his progress and play this season.

Myers is not going anywhere, but this is my offer I would make that would be better than what anyone else offers and would make BUF a stronger/deeper team and fill some weak spots, compliment existing players.

That is why i choose the players I offered.

DrinkTheOilaid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkTheOilaid View Post
Eberle + Gagner + Omark + Gilbert + Peckham for Myers is what I would offer. Adding these guys to their lineup would make BUF a better overall team than with Myers.

Gilbert is playing very well and could soften the loss of Myers on D minute wise, and all these players are young enough to be a part of the team long term.

EDM does this because they have depth.

Gagner and Eberle are guaranteed to be solid players for years. Gilbert is still young and Omark and Peckham are the wild cards of just how much they might bring.

Omark and Lieno would be dynamite together IMO. Which would make the Omark inclusion in this trade very valuable. (maybe this is a smaller trade that BUF should make)

Peckham is included because he brings some toughness that BUF needs.

I value Gilbert in a similar class to Leopold based on his progress and play this season.

Myers is not going anywhere, but this is my offer I would make that would be better than what anyone else offers and would make BUF a stronger/deeper team and fill some weak spots, compliment existing players.

That is why i choose the players I offered.
So in summary, Eberle, Gilbert and pretty much 3 contracts on the Buffalo roster for Myers.

Sabres would never do this and neither would Oilers. Not that the Oilers are getting hosed or anything, but Eberle is our one RW that looks to be a staple in the lineup and Gilbert has been sensationaly with Smid as a shutdown pair. Gagner maybe could use a change of scenery but the other two are just being thrown in to be taken out of Edmontons hair by the looks of things.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Buffalo is not trading Tyler Myers for anything that would ever realistically be offered.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:52 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
not sure if serious
of course she wasn't serious......

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Subban.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Actually, I kind of think that theory may hold some water. Obviously he's been in a big slump, but I think Ruff may have wanted to send a bigger message to him, not just about playing well but about playing for your teammates, sticking up for your goalie, etc.

But maybe I'm off my rocker.
Then why aren't the first three guys near Lucic out of the lineup (Vanek, Sekera, Gaustad)? I don't see it. He handed the game over to the Bruins with the Marchand flub at the blueline and the pass that resulted in the 2-on-1 Sekera screwed up on. He gave away the puck like stale Halloween candy on a breakroom table -- to everyone, free, and without thought.

11-15-2011, 02:56 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Myers is a 6'7 DMan who won the Calder when he was 20. Do you realize how insanely ridiculous that is? .
What is so "insanely ridiculous" about winning a Calder trophy when you're 20?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
What is so "insanely ridiculous" about winning a Calder trophy when you're 20?
a 6'7" player who should be extremly clumbsy, was considered to be a 5 year project and is way ahead of that, you guys will be back on the myers bandwagon fairly soon.

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Myers has the makings of the next Chara. I don't see Buffalo moving him for any reason.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Dylbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
Subban.
Not a bad start, but I think you're adding at least a 1st to that before Buffalo even begins to consider it.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
RottenScoundrel

To Pittsburgh: Tyler Meyers, Brad Boyes

To Buffalo: Paul Martin, Tyler Kennedy, Eric Tangradi, 2012 2nd rounder.

RottenScoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
hockeyfan747

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972sabres View Post
a 6'7" player who should be extremly clumbsy, was considered to be a 5 year project and is way ahead of that, you guys will be back on the myers bandwagon fairly soon.
This statement is beyond idiotic. So every 6'7 player to ever play hockey should be extremely clumsy (spelled correctly by the way)? Apparently all you need to be is 6'7 to get drafted in the NHL? Skating ability doesn't matter at all since he should be extremely clumsy and tripping over his own feet?

hockeyfan747 is offline   Reply With Quote