HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: hockey skates

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2004, 05:35 PM
5_for_fighting

vCash: 500
OT: hockey skates

I'm looking to buy new skates, but not really sure what to go for.

anybody know about Mission skates??? are they good quality??? I've always had CCM's, but I maybe looking for a change, any suggestions???

Old
09-09-2004, 09:42 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
I'm looking to buy new skates, but not really sure what to go for.

anybody know about Mission skates??? are they good quality??? I've always had CCM's, but I maybe looking for a change, any suggestions???

I have had CCM Tacks for 15 years and I have no reason to change....but if you find something better in the same price range I'd love to know what you find and why you prefer them over the sacred Tacks

Old
09-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Joe Cole

I had always been a Bauer user, but I had 2 Tuuk blades that cracked and snapped off. I decided to go with some upscale Tacks in the 900 series. They hurt like hell for the first 15 games. Realy hurt. They are much narrower the the Bauers, although I am told they come in serveral widths, no store stocks all the widths.

Now, after I went and had them remolded to my foot, they are working themselves in pretty well. That said, these are my last CCM's.

I am intrigued bu the Mission Hi-Flys, they have an extra eyelet for the laces, making them more snug higher up the ankle, which I prefer, I usually tape my ankles. The first years of Mission were hounded by rumours of quality control problems, but from what I hear, all this is behind them.

The Bauers are my old stand by. I like skates that have that old school look, but have all the technical advances incorporated. I am thinking Supreme Gold, although they look a bit over flashy.

good luck, quality first.

Old
09-10-2004, 08:27 AM
5_for_fighting

same here for the Tacks width problems. I have a large foot, so it's never been easy breaking em in. I've never played with Bauers before, can't judge em.
As for Mission, I heard their products really improved. They have something called "PITCH 3" where you can adjust the blade to your style of skating. Can't say more, that's all i know about that "pitch" thing. I don't know about Nike or Easton skates quality.

Old
09-10-2004, 10:55 AM
J-D

I have Easton skates. The "shoe" is REALLY (and I mean really really really) comfortable. Even the first game I played with them my feet didn't hurt. The blade, though, was not the highest of qualities, it broke twice, and I have them since 1999. The price, 275$.

Old
09-12-2004, 05:05 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
I just got a new pair of Grafs.. the 502's . They don't have much flash to them.. aside from the funky neon green logo.. but damn they're the most comfortable things in the world and you just fly with them. I skated in them for the first time today, just incredible!

Old
09-12-2004, 09:04 PM
EaGLE1

I live and die with CCM Tacks.

Amen

Closed Thread