HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in SO

Old
11-14-2011, 11:23 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
time to mother ****ing taaaaannk this ***** !!!!!!

habs will never win a cup with this roster

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:26 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
and he shut down Ovy in the playoffs.

Mistake on Gauthier's part.

I'd give up a late pick to get him back ....right after i fired Gauthier'

I think PG didn't handle it well
He knew roman loved the city and wanted to stay but he also knew he wanted long term

I bet you never even was going to bring him back he was just messing with him in front if the media saying we offer you 1yr take it or leave it
If he really wanted him he would have resigned him quicker and done it in a better way

PG didn't have a good FA outside of Cole
He was betting on Markov which knowing what has happened in the past nothing is for sure
Now in fairness to him Markov look good at the time but we shouldn't have taken the risk and should have sign some help on day one or closer

Man ii would even take Mara back right now to clean the junk out of price's hood

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Maybe you should keep openly cheering on the Bruins.

If they win another cup they won't get a good draft pick!

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yes, underaverage, deal with it. He'd be playing last pairing on any playoff teams. There are at least a 100 D in this league that I,d chose over him and there are about 200 Ds in this league. Even Chris Butler is playing more than him on the flames squad.

The reason why it's the only response you can make is that you have 0 arguments to show he is otherwise. You could actually argue that he's closer to average, but that's on a good day.

PS, you kept repeating those things in early 2011 onward, when they were both playing with the team, not as prospects.

Just a week or two ago, you said Weber had been our best D, totally ignoring the context of his soft minutes compared to the minutes Subban and Gorges were playing.

I'm not living in the past, I have a good memory. Yours on the other hand...
Gomez plays more than Eller. Must mean he's better. Darche plays more on the PP than Kostitsyn. Must mean he's better there.

Thanks for showing me how to figure that out from now on. `

PS. There's a difference between playing the best and being the best. I knew Weber wouldn't continue to play the best, but he had a hot start to the year. And yes, he played "soft" minutes, but I don't care. He was playing where he was expected to play and looked awesome. I guess that means that any 1st liner is better than any 2nd liner in the league because they play softer minutes?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Price was very weak on the Sabres 2nd goal. Should've made the save.

I've always been a huge supporter and fan of Price, but I'm pushing for Budaj to play one of the next game to give Price another little shove in the back.
Price doesnt need it.. he is 100% focussed, 100% in the present moment and the Habs just cant afford to not play him right now while the confidence of this team is still fragile and a couple of guys are injured.. Price has made several outstanding plays tonight clearing the puck out of the zone by his own on the PK.. You have Budaj in net tonight and Sabres probably score at least 1 on the PP.. As I said above, Boyes is close to 50% in shoutout while Vanek is a beast, nothing let me believe Budaj would have stopped any of those shots but we are here speculating, I think Price has really not been lucky in that area so far and Im sure he is the most frustrated one at the moment.. Still, the Sabres had the best shooters, just like it has been the case against Colorado.. Martin has to send better guys on the shoutout, a guy like Subban should be used in the first 3, I would be interested to see Desharnais, maybe even Eller.. Pleks is good on breakaway in the fire of the action but when he has too much time to think like its the case in shoutout, its not his thing..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Guilliam

Can't believe some people really think Martin told the team to sit back in the 3rd. Listen to Cole's post game interview, he clearly states that, during the 2nd intermission, the mantra in the room was to keep applying pressure.

But then they got scored on quickly and they started to play nervous. It's not like the coach controls his players intensity with a switch..

Guilliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Gomez plays more than Eller. Must mean he's better.
He is, as he has the experience required to play those minutes without hurting the team. Eller will be better with time, but he's not there yet.

Quote:
Darche plays more on the PP than Kostitsyn. Must mean he's better there.
Question of strategy and necessity, not of who is better.

Quote:
Thanks for showing me how to figure that out from now on. `
Whatever, you've shown to have a really hard time to put things into context, so should I be surprised with your "arguments".

Tell me one thing. How do you explain his salary and how he was signed so late by a team most UFAs would avoid? Might just be that's what he is worth and most teams wouldn't consider him for their top 4.

Quote:
PS. There's a difference between playing the best and being the best. I knew Weber wouldn't continue to play the best, but he had a hot start to the year. And yes, he played "soft" minutes, but I don't care. He was playing where he was expected to play and looked awesome. I guess that means that any 1st liner is better than any 2nd liner in the league because they play softer minutes?
In most cases yeah, but no surprise you don't care about context, because it permits you to deny reality and keep on confabulating.

It's easy to look 'awesome' playing weaker players. Weber would've shat the bed if he had played in Subban's spot. That's the thing you really don't get.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 11-14-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:38 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Tell me one thing. How do you explain his salary and how he was signed so late by a team most UFAs would avoid? Might just be that's what he is worth and most teams wouldn't consider him for their top 4.
Because players have never got signed under-value before??

It was stated when he signed that he was asking way too much for what he was worth (similar to his last contract). He's not a $4.5M-$5M player. He doesn't bring the offense for that. But he could have got $3M at the start of the UFA, IMO. He's a great shutdown player, and a lot better than Gill, IMO.

But whatever, keep taking cheap shots at me. That'll make you win the debate for sure.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:38 PM
hockey8888

Price really need to improve on the shoot out skill
He let in 4 shoot out & 4 break away short handed goals
that's a lot for 17 games

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Well, on a positive note: MaxPac appears on his way to proving that he's no fluke. He's been our most consistent player all year long and once again leads the way offensively.

That is something to be very happy about.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Can't believe some people really think Martin told the team to sit back in the 3rd. Listen to Cole's post game interview, he clearly states that, during the 2nd intermission, the mantra in the room was to keep applying pressure.

But then they got scored on quickly and they started to play nervous. It's not like the coach controls his players intensity with a switch..
Exactly.. and add the fact we lost Spacek, that blueline was obviously nervous and didnt know how to react to increased Sabres's pressure in our zone.. I think the Sabres were very pumped to come back in the third, so we have young guys, they are learning..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Maybe you should keep openly cheering on the Bruins.
i'll only cheer for the B's when they play the habs

we have bright spots on this team but if we keep squeaking through we'll never win...

this team needs to fail and molson needs to clean house..... bye bye anorexic ghost man, bye bye dumbo

keep Gionta, Plekanec, Cole, MaxPac, DD, Eller, Subban, Price, Gorges, Diaz, Weber

the rest of this team should be on the trading block and get some picks, prospects

If we squeak through like always, I can assure you nothing will change... I'll even bet you that Gomez returns.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:43 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I miss the part of spacek getting hurt
Did it look bad

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:45 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

22 minutes for Desharnais, 11 minutes for Eller.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Because players have never got signed under-value before??

It was stated when he signed that he was asking way too much for what he was worth (similar to his last contract). He's not a $4.5M-$5M player. He doesn't bring the offense for that. But he could have got $3M at the start of the UFA, IMO. He's a great shutdown player, and a lot better than Gill, IMO.

But whatever, keep taking cheap shots at me. That'll make you win the debate for sure.
You should be laughing at your own posts. The lack of logic is, well, I don't want to take further 'cheap shots'.

Don't you even think twice at what you are saying, Nate? If he signed on early FA, he would've got more? There's a reason why NO ONE signed him in early FA. Same reason why no one would've offered him 3 mil.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

it's the coach and gm you need to sack if we ever expect cup to return .

Good news is ? we're 1 point out of a playoff spot.
6 pts out of first in conference .

Bad news? 2 points out of tied for 27th over all..lol
worse home record in NHL.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, on a positive note: MaxPac appears on his way to proving that he's no fluke. He's been our most consistent player all year long and once again leads the way offensively.

That is something to be very happy about.
yes, good point. We were all worried that he wouldn't return as the same player. If anything he keeps getting better. This is VERRRY positive. Also, the line with DD is sick. Really like it.

I'm honestly not sure if people are serious with the "we should tank", "fire Gauthier, Martin, etc."

Annoying game yeah, but I've seen the board be bipolar and it seems tonight is one for the ages.
We're a good team and we played a good game against a good goalie. We have a crap PP and that will be solved. We have a great PK, Price had a great game except the SO (which is really nothing to get too upset about) and as I said before I don't think we did sit back - they just got the puck on their stick for sure goals. Anybody remember Carey shutting the door down low on his left side in OT? No, of course not. We're making the playoffs, it'll just take awhile to climb. These 'tank' posts are so annoying.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
DD, 25 years old, 5 years of NA pro experience

Eller, 22 year old, 2 years of NA pro experience

You figure it out.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:49 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
another loss - an overtime one at that, another 13 page whine fest

never change guys

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:51 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
it's the coach and gm you need to sack if we ever expect cup to return .
well if we need to sack the gm what does that say about the players he signed / traded for ...

we have a core we can work with, but we need a few more pieces to that core to push us over the top... and that'll most likely come from the draft.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
i'll only cheer for the B's when they play the habs

we have bright spots on this team but if we keep squeaking through we'll never win...

this team needs to fail and molson needs to clean house..... bye bye anorexic ghost man, bye bye dumbo

keep Gionta, Plekanec, Cole, MaxPac, DD, Eller, Subban, Price, Gorges, Diaz, Weber

the rest of this team should be on the trading block and get some picks, prospects

If we squeak through like always, I can assure you nothing will change... I'll even bet you that Gomez returns.
So there's eleven players on the team that we should keep but you want to tank?

You're not gonna tank with all those guys in the line-up since they already are the guys who make us win.

And by the way, 3 of those core guys you just named were brought in by the so-called anorexic ghost and yet you want to fire him?

Good job making sense pal!

Guilliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
anyone watching the games know there's a reason Desharnais is being played.
He is producing points and creating ALOT of chances.....

Tonight alone i think he set Cole up 5-6 times in the slot .

Desharnais is dangerous .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:55 PM
habtastic

Quote:
anyone watching the games know there's a reason Desharnais is being played.
He is producing points and creating ALOT of chances.....

Tonight alone i think he set Cole up 5-6 times in the slot .

Desharnais is dangerous .
^f'in true

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Hockeyfan68

I watched the game and thought it was interesting. I still dislike shootouts ... I really do not like them. They should play until there is a winner period.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:59 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And STILL in 12th place.

Are the Martin supporters still going to prop up this loser coach after every blown game? Its quite annoying to read.

To the poster who referred to Kirk Muller. Hell no, Muller would say nothing less. However, the actions on the ice speak louder than words from a former assistant coach. First shot of the 3rd period after 15 minutes of play?

What the hell is that about? A coach has a time out in his pocket. After 4 minutes of no shots, call a damned time out and tell his team to take the play to the Sabres and put the game away. But no, Martin sits back and does nothing. And we are supposed to believe Martin has nothing to do with "protecting a lead"?

Mindless Martin sheep..........
hi, missed you the last two wins.

he already had used his time out in the first or second i can't remember, when a line got caught out on the ice too long and iced the puck. i guess if he would not have used it then you would have blamed him for it?

btw, muller was quoted as saying that they never, ever preached sitting on leads and that it drove the coaches nuts when the players did that. did you ever think that it's possible, just possible, that the sabres got their heads out of their ***** in the third and started actually playing well?

as for being 'annoying to read', pot, kettle et cetera...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote