Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
So far I dont see the links yet but a local news startion where I am is saying that Sandusky's foundation/charity or whatever has folded.
LOL. Well, that only took about 2 weeks...

Old
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
He's saying that they never gave enough of a **** before to fly a Penn State flag, but the fact that they are flying it now when many level headed people are ashamed of their school is kinda strange.
That's it.

Old
11-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
that's already been proven to be a lie though.
How was it proven to be a lie? I think you're confusing the fact that he was caught lieing about going to the police with that.

Old
11-18-2011, 09:24 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Too bad all these people with such high "morality" have no comment on this. Nothing like a terminal disease to get in the way of good ole fashioned hate.

Didn't realize lung cancer was treatable but good luck to Paterno either way.

Old
11-18-2011, 09:53 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplosiveLEAFman View Post
Too bad all these people with such high "morality" have no comment on this. Nothing like a terminal disease to get in the way of good ole fashioned hate.

Didn't realize lung cancer was treatable but good luck to Paterno either way.
Good for the sympathy vote.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Brodie
see you space cowboy

"dad has lung cancer so please don't take his statues down!"

nothing like using cancer to force people to stop saying bad things about you

Old
11-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
"dad has lung cancer so please don't take his statues down!"

nothing like using cancer to force people to stop saying bad things about you
I was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to be the first one to say it.

I also laughed hard at Jim Boeheim's remark that he is not Joe Paterno

Old
11-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to be the first one to say it.

I also laughed hard at Jim Boeheim's remark that he is not Joe Paterno
Surprised the "oh great Jimmy" hasn't recieved a fine from the NCAA or something regarding a remark like that. Not because it's Paterno but it is a cheap shot regardless.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
As the old saying goes; "Follow the money"

EXCLUSIVE: Penn State Paid by Sandusky's Charity for Use of Facilities as Recently as 2009

Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – Penn State University received almost $250,000 for a series of sleepover camps in 2008 and 2009 run by the charity group founded by Jerry Sandusky - years after ex-athletic director Tim Curley imposed an “unenforceable” ban on the accused child molester from entering the school’s sports facilities and main campus.

Financial records obtained by FoxNews.com show $124,587 was given to Penn State by The Second Mile in 2009. The year before, in 2008, the university received $119,592 from The Second Mile. The money is listed under “food and lodging” in charity records, and officials said the payments were made on a series of week-long sleepover camps.

Penn State apparently took money for the camps months after the mother of a high school freshman contacted authorities in the spring of 2008 saying her son had been abused by Sandusky. That allegation kick-started the grand jury investigation that earlier this month indicted Sandusky on 40 counts of child sex abuse charges.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/19...#ixzz1eB8Fv0E2

Old
11-19-2011, 03:23 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

"Sleepover camps"....*Vomit*

Old
11-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...e&pageId=13317

First time I'm posting a link. Hope I did it right...

Old
11-20-2011, 05:36 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...e&pageId=13317

First time I'm posting a link. Hope I did it right...
Agree with the politico. Fine on your own dime, but not with taxpayer money.
Actually, NOT fine. Anybody advocating sex with children shouldn't have a public forum ANYWHERE. Patrick whatever manages to be a dick and a **** at the same time. Pervert.

Old
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Ill mention this here since all JoePa talk is here. Id rather have him than Rich Rod as UA head coach but his image is tainted.

Old
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
awesomo
HARD!

did they remove the statue?i saw an article on it but wasnt sure if it was real

Old
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Ill mention this here since all JoePa talk is here. Id rather have him than Rich Rod as UA head coach but his image is tainted.
Not to mention he's like 100 years old.

Old
11-22-2011, 06:12 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
first of many

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...ZkN_story.html

Former Penn State student disciplinarian Vicky Triponey tells The Wall Street Journal that football players were treated “more favorably than other students accused of violating the community standards as defined by the student code of conduct.”

Coach Joe Paterno “is insistent he knows best how to discipline his players ... and their status as a student when they commit violations of our standards should NOT be our concern ... and I think he was saying we should treat football players different from other students in this regard,” Triponey wrote in a Aug. 12, 2005, email obtained by the newspaper. (http://on.wsj.com/tORKJ2)

“Coach Paterno would rather we NOT inform the public when a football player is found responsible for committing a serious violation of the law and/or our student code,” she wrote in the email, “despite any moral or legal obligation to do so.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

That same fall, Dr. Triponey's office suspended Dan Connor, a Penn State linebacker, who had been accused of making harassing calls to a retired assistant coach (Sandusky). Shortly after the suspension was handed down, Mr. Paterno ordered the player to suit up, according to a person familiar with the matter. Dr. Triponey informed the player that if he suited up for practice, he would be in violation of his suspension and could face expulsion. Mr. Connor says he recalled being suspended only for games, not practice.

The incident prompted Mr. Spanier to visit Dr. Triponey at her home. Dr. Triponey confirms he told her that Mr. Paterno had given him an ultimatum: Fire her, or Mr. Paterno would stop fund-raising for the school. She says Mr. Spanier told her that if forced to choose, he would choose her over the coach—but that he did not want to have to make that choice.

11-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...ZkN_story.html

Former Penn State student disciplinarian Vicky Triponey tells The Wall Street Journal that football players were treated “more favorably than other students accused of violating the community standards as defined by the student code of conduct.”

Coach Joe Paterno “is insistent he knows best how to discipline his players ... and their status as a student when they commit violations of our standards should NOT be our concern ... and I think he was saying we should treat football players different from other students in this regard,” Triponey wrote in a Aug. 12, 2005, email obtained by the newspaper. (http://on.wsj.com/tORKJ2)

“Coach Paterno would rather we NOT inform the public when a football player is found responsible for committing a serious violation of the law and/or our student code,” she wrote in the email, “despite any moral or legal obligation to do so.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

That same fall, Dr. Triponey's office suspended Dan Connor, a Penn State linebacker, who had been accused of making harassing calls to a retired assistant coach (Sandusky). Shortly after the suspension was handed down, Mr. Paterno ordered the player to suit up, according to a person familiar with the matter. Dr. Triponey informed the player that if he suited up for practice, he would be in violation of his suspension and could face expulsion. Mr. Connor says he recalled being suspended only for games, not practice.

The incident prompted Mr. Spanier to visit Dr. Triponey at her home. Dr. Triponey confirms he told her that Mr. Paterno had given him an ultimatum: Fire her, or Mr. Paterno would stop fund-raising for the school. She says Mr. Spanier told her that if forced to choose, he would choose her over the coach—but that he did not want to have to make that choice.
Oh Joepa...

Old
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I read the article in SI saying that they would sacrifice a player who got in trouble in order to not to go to court and fight it. Seems to be true.

Rumor had it the coach Dan Connor was prank calling was a retired coach who had dementia and that's why they were calling him.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I read the article in SI saying that they would sacrifice a player who got in trouble in order to not to go to court and fight it. Seems to be true.

Rumor had it the coach Dan Connor was prank calling was a retired coach who had dementia and that's why they were calling him.
LOL. I think Joepa has more dementia than Sandusky when he talks. I've only heard one Sandusky speak session(the Costas interview)but the way he talked he didn't fit the bill as someone who is or has suffered from dementia.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
LOL. I think Joepa has more dementia than Sandusky when he talks. I've only heard one Sandusky speak session(the Costas interview)but the way he talked he didn't fit the bill as someone who is or has suffered from dementia.
that's why is wasnt him. i forget the guys name though.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

Sundusky's lawyer anticipates more charges.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...s-more-charges

Old
11-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL. Anybody watching Outside the Lines?

Apparently in 08 3 PSU players broke into a party and beat the crap outta some kid who got into an altercation with them earlier that night.

Apparently a text was sent out that JoePa threatened to kick people off the time, but he claimed he never sent a text and doesn't know how.

Apparently from 02-08 there were some 40 crimes and well over 100 counts regarding the Football team.

Hmm....the Penn State program isn't or wasn't as clean as some have spewed over time.

All goes back to my original theory on the NCAA, everyone plays dirty, it's all a matter of getting caught.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
LOL. Anybody watching Outside the Lines?

Apparently in 08 3 PSU players broke into a party and beat the crap outta some kid who got into an altercation with them earlier that night.

Apparently a text was sent out that JoePa threatened to kick people off the time, but he claimed he never sent a text and doesn't know how.

Apparently from 02-08 there were some 40 crimes and well over 100 counts regarding the Football team.

Hmm....the Penn State program isn't or wasn't as clean as some have spewed over time.

All goes back to my original theory on the NCAA, everyone plays dirty, it's all a matter of getting caught.
everything you mentioned was in the media. wasnt 2002 the time McQuaery took over as recruiting coordinator? im not sure how many of those crimes were serious as opposed to cited for minor things such as underage drinking.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:23 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
I wonder if Paterno will be brought up on any charges for conspiracy to obstruct justice or some sort of accessory charge like that. At the very least he will be sued by at least the kid who got beaten up and all the little kids that were *** rayped

Old
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Justified
Amaro out

if they dont know who the kid is who was with Sandusky in 2002 how could he get sued by him?

Closed Thread