Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seguin's next contract

Old
11-13-2011, 02:47 PM
TheSeguinEra2010*

vCash: 500
Seguin's next contract

If he continues at this rate do u think he would be up for Kessel money after the 2012-2013 season. Is anyone else in this forum worried about what will happen when his rookie contract is up or do the Bruins have enough cap room to keep this rising star in a Boston uniform for years.

TheSeguinEra2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:52 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeguinEra2010 View Post
If he continues at this rate do u think he would be up for Kessel money after the 2012-2013 season. Is anyone else in this forum worried about what will happen when his rookie contract is up or do the Bruins have enough cap room to keep this rising star in a Boston uniform for years.
Not worried at all to be honest. And I'd absolutely give him Kessel money on a long term deal.

The big issue most of us had with Kessel and the money he wanted was how one dimensional he was/is. Seguin on the other hand is doing a lot of the little things, is coachable and knows exactly when to shoot and exactly when to pass. I wouldn't hesitate at all if that's what was needed to sign him long term.

I have a feeling he'll sign a shortish 3yr 12-15million contract and then sign the big one after depending on his consistency. But honestly, I'm terrible at discussing and guessing contract numbers

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

if he continues at this rate (he's on a 109 point pace) then I'll be ecstatic if he only wants Kessel money

Chia better pay him what he wants. We haven't had a player like Seguin in Boston since...I don't know?

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
The Scarecrow
2011 Cup Champions

Depends on what happens for the rest of this year and next. Too hard to judge at this moment. If he keeps putting up the points he'll be on his way to a rich contract. He'll get the money he deserves, Chiarelli will be fair with him.

The Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:54 PM
redsox7327

Not worried that he'll stay in Boston. I think at the end of the day Chiarelli gets it done, but I'm worried because he's going to make more money for OTHER players, specifically Marchand. There is a possibility that he will be close to Stamkos' position if he's not re-signed before he becomes an RFA. At the end of the day, I don't think he gets more than Chara. So, I'm thinking something in the Kopitar range. High 6's. Hopefully Chiarelli will try to lock him up this off-season though. We have so many players due up after next year. Chia will have his work cut out for him. He will probably try to get some of those guys locked up going into next season though. We shall see.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:54 PM
BrainOfJ
Pure Bread

If thinks continued the way they are...I'd say the most comparable would be the extensions Kane and Toews got at 6.3 each.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:57 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

I think if Seguin scores 70 or more points this season and continues to do the little things right, I'd hope Chia tries to lock him up early

Does everyone realize that if Seguin continues on his point and plus minus pace, he'll get Selke recognition? That's pretty funny.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

If he continues like he has been playing and keeps progressing, we better not cheap out, he is a franchise player and you keep him at all costs, no matter how much he wants.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine

Do we really need these super premature threads? Somehow this board always gets way too far ahead of itself.

We aren't even a quarter of the way into this season and then there is still another whole season before Seguin needs to be re-signed.

Beyonder91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:00 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
If thinks continued the way they are...I'd say the most comparable would be the extensions Kane and Toews got at 6.3 each.
that's what I'm thinking too, though with the cap up he might garner more

I'd be very happy with 6.4 for 7 years or something if he finishes the season the way he's playing now.

Old
11-13-2011, 03:01 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
Yeah, I think, realistically somewhere in that range with Kopitar being the high end. If Chia gets it done long term in that range it'll be a job well done. That is, of course, if what we are seeing is a good barometer of where Seguin is headed (which, at this point, it appears to be).

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
if he continues at this rate (he's on a 109 point pace) then I'll be ecstatic if he only wants Kessel money

Chia better pay him what he wants. We haven't had a player like Seguin in Boston since...I don't know?
We might honestly not have had one this good since #77 was young. He's that caliber of force on the ice. Just unreal.

I said in the offseason that I wasn't going to take Seguin for granted. That I was going to wait and make him convince me he's for real.

Well I stand convinced.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Seguin is the type of player I would want to give out a lengthy contract to, 7 or 8 years at a solid cap hit that he deserves if he keeps dominating.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Lord Ahriman

Seguin isn't a priority at this moment. Chia has to get new contracts for Krejci and Kelly.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
We might honestly not have had one this good since #77 was young. He's that caliber of force on the ice. Just unreal.
for sure, and the funny thing is that 77 was a defensemen...we haven't had a forward like Seguin in a long time, maybe ever? Of course there was Neely, Oats, and Thornton, but Neely was a different type of player, I wouldn't say Oats had all the tools Seguin does...and Thornton...well he's Thornton. He puts up a lot of points but I don't think he has nearly the goal scoring skills Seguin does and from everything I've seen and read of Tyler, he's also a big game (playoff) performer. Something that took pretty much right until last year for Jumbo to start to show.

Old
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I think he is going to be the highest paid player on the team in the 2013/2014 season. If I am the Bruins and I am doing long terms planning, then my long term planning has Seguin at around 8 million a year in 2013/2014. Now maybe he comes in a bit below that, but that is where I am budgeting his money at

Just look at Stamkos, and he will be getting that type of del

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Greyhounds

I just hope that whatever the number is, we will still be able to keep our core intact. If he keeps up the pace he is on now, that number will be substantial.

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:

Its hardly likely he would continue at the clip he is at for the rest of the season. I can see maybe a 40 / 40 season coming from this young kid. He is going to receive a truck load on his 3rd contract. He may get 2 years / 15 mil on his next inking.

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:18 PM
cat400

Right now Seguin looks like he is on the same development path as Steven Stamkos who hit the jackpot on his 2nd contract.

Hopefully the new CBA will put a cap on the 2nd contracts in order to keep the salaries under control until the players reach UFA status.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Its hardly likely he would continue at the clip he is at for the rest of the season. I can see maybe a 40 / 40 season coming from this young kid. He is going to receive a truck load on his 3rd contract. He may get 2 years / 15 mil on his next inking.
40-40 would be pretty unreal for a kid his age playing for the Boston Bruins. He's #1 in scoring when you factor in ice time, that's friggan impressive...and what makes it even sweeter for me is his +/-

Old
11-13-2011, 03:25 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
I think if Seguin scores 70 or more points this season and continues to do the little things right, I'd hope Chia tries to lock him up early

Does everyone realize that if Seguin continues on his point and plus minus pace, he'll get Selke recognition? That's pretty funny.
No, he will most certainly not.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:30 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:

No he won't because Patrice Bergeron is going to win the Selke.

On topic: The next CBA will change the structure of contracts I believe and we don't have to worry about Seguin's contract until the new CBA comes in.

Gotta get Krech and CK signed....worry about Seguin later. He is not going anywhere.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:
40-40 would be pretty unreal for a kid his age playing for the Boston Bruins. He's #1 in scoring when you factor in ice time, that's friggan impressive...and what makes it even sweeter for me is his +/-
I agree with you KOB . If I was Chia I would back up the Brink truck when a deal is ready. The worst thing that mangement can do is wait to long when the time is right.
Sequin is something special for sure. He makes all players around him play harder and that in turn makes the Boston Bruins a dangerous team for years to come. This kid is only going to get better and better. The scary thing about segs is we have not seen the best of him yet. To be continued ..............................................

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Anyone fretting about Seguin's contract at this point in time is really looking for something to worry about. I doubt Seguin himself is thinking about it.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
No he won't because Patrice Bergeron is going to win the Selke.

On topic: The next CBA will change the structure of contracts I believe and we don't have to worry about Seguin's contract until the new CBA comes in.

Gotta get Krech and CK signed....worry about Seguin later. He is not going anywhere.
well, i said recognition, i didn't say he was going to win it, but i do hope bergy does finally, way overdue

to eastcoastniner (the site is wonky right now and won't let me do multiple quotes) why not? I said IF he continues on this pace, do you realize that if he continues on his pace he will score 109 points and lead the league in plus minus? He would absolutely get selke recognition if he finished with those numbers or even close to them.