HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Luongo Thread - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Barney Gumble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
So if Phaneuf acts like a jackass and yells something at him he's not allowed to say anything back?
Ahh the good old days of Jarkko Ruutu on the Canucks. He knew had to get somebody back....

Old
12-17-2011, 10:19 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
But our team scored an unreasonable 1 goal per game in the SCF.
and Luongo had a GAA of around 6 in the losses.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Zanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
and Luongo had a GAA of around 6 in the losses.
Shows how bad the Canucks were as a unit, eh? Ahh memories...

Old
12-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
Shows how bad the Canucks were as a unit, eh?
Yup, plenty of blame to go around (not just Luongo). re: GF of *LESS* than a goal in those losses.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
The past is the past.. at one point Alex Ovechkin was the best goalscorer since Lemieux and Gretzky.. but he's not right now.

Just like right now this season Corey Schneider has been better than Luongo.
If the Canucks were starting Schneider you'd be on here making negative comments about how the Canucks don't have a legitimate #1 goaltender on the level of Crawford. Broken record.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:26 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Yup, plenty of blame to go around (not just Luongo). re: GF of *LESS* than a goal in those losses.
Boston has the best GAA this year. They aren't even playing hard and they have 61 GAA in 31 games that <2 per game. If you don't include their slump period they avg like 1.5 GAA.

Pittsburgh that recently played them Had 45 shots on goal, with Their star Crosby managed to score 1 goal against them.

Philadelphia lost to them when they were at their best, winning 7 in a row prior to the game, yet lost to Boston 6-0. They managed 0 goals against Boston today.

YEA the FORWARDS should GET ALL THE blame in the SCF because the offense couldn't score against Boston...

Yea Boston Gets 0 credit, its not that their goaltender is super good and their defense is best in the league. It has nothing to do with that. We should stop putting the blame on the goaltender who CLEARLY underperformed by a wide margin compared to his normal level and PUT MOST OF THE BLAME ON THE FORWARDS for NOT BEING better than Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.

Last edited by flack: 12-17-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old
12-17-2011, 11:28 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Boston has the best GAA this year. They aren't even playing hard and they have 61 GAA in 31 games that <2 per game. If you don't include their slump period they avg like 1.5 GAA.

Pittsburgh that recently played them Had 45 shots on goal, with Their star Crosby managed to score 1 goal against them.

Philadelphia lost to them when they were at their best, winning 7 in a row prior to the game, yet lost to Boston 6-0. They managed 0 goals against Boston today.

YEA the FORWARDS we should GET ALL THE blame in the SCF because the offense couldn't score against Boston...

Yea Boston Gets 0 credit, its not that their goaltender is super good and their defense is best in the league. It has nothing to do with that. We should stop putting the blame on the goaltender who CLEARLY underperformed by a wide margin compared to his normal level and PUT MOST OF THE BLAME ON THE FORWARDS for NOT BEING better than Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.
I agree. Boston, when on their game, are a complete team and are tough to beat. Thomas is the backbone of that team and gives his team a ton of confidence.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
I agree. Boston, when on their game, are a complete team and are tough to beat. Thomas is the backbone of that team and gives his team a ton of confidence.
Thing is teams can't beat boston by offensive power scoring, they have to beat them through defense. We did that in the SCF for 3 games. For those 3 games everybody had to be on top of their game. You can't have anybody playing half assed. Luongo however for some reason did that for 4 of those games and the defense followed later in those games and we easily lost.

You look at the teams that beat Boston this year when Boston came off their slump, they are all by 1 goal and with scores like 1-0, or 2-0(empty netter) or 2-1, ALL of them. Also the goals scored against Boston aren't by the other teams top lines, its by a lot of usually silent players. That must be the way to beat Boston since their defense and goal-tending is so good. Teams have to play Boston defensively. I think Canucks can do what they are doing and play just as good as Boston defensively. And I believe if we do that we can beat Boston.

But right now we are not playing very well defensively and relying on our offensive depth too much to win games. Against Boston it won't work because they'll just shut it down, they can shut down any elite lines in the league pretty damn well. They showed that so far.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
YEA the FORWARDS should GET ALL THE blame in the SCF because the offense couldn't score against Boston...
Rigghhht...like outside of the Luongo apologists, who exactly is saying that?

Old
12-18-2011, 01:03 PM
InTentsProductions*

Quote:
Wouldn't you rather have the chance of a cup than a guaranteed playoff meltdown?
when you get to game 7 of the stanley cup finals that isn't a chance to win the cup. its a guaranteed loss.

Old
12-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Proto

Quote:
Wouldn't you rather have the chance of a cup than a guaranteed playoff meltdown?
I would have guessed you'd like Luongo, since your favourite posting technique is the emotional meltdown

Old
12-18-2011, 02:29 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I would have guessed you'd like Luongo, since your favourite posting technique is the emotional meltdown
I lol'd.

Old
12-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe that is Luongo...

Old
12-18-2011, 04:24 PM
arsmaster

I've come to the realization that we as fans (myself included) are way too fixated on Boston.

Even my 8 year old daughter boos the TV when their highlights are on. We are so preoccupied with them its amazing.

Their our measuring stick and will be until we win a cup...its incredible.

Old
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I've come to the realization that we as fans (myself included) are way too fixated on Boston.

Even my 8 year old daughter boos the TV when their highlights are on. We are so preoccupied with them its amazing.

Their our measuring stick and will be until we win a cup...its incredible.
What is wrong with that? They are the best team in the league and they have shown that. What is wrong with measuring up to them?

Old
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
serge2k

Quote:
What is wrong with that? They are the best team in the league and they have shown that. What is wrong with measuring up to them?
I agree entirely.

The Canucks aren't trying to match up with Minny and win the NW.
They aren't trying to have a nice run to at least the conference finals.

They are trying to win the cup. Anything less is unacceptable. The Bruins are the champs (thanks to a disgraceful finals and the Canucks losing to a worse team) and the Canucks now have to measure up to their standard.

Honestly, if you expect anything less then why even bother watching? You obviously don't care at all about the team succeeding.

Old
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
ephmrl
#tanknation

Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Luongo's been playing well recently, good to see.

Old
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3498
Knock off the crap.

12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth7 View Post
Thats his MO...get your hopes up in the regular season and let you down hard come playoffs.

Old
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Thats his MO...get your hopes up in the regular season and let you down hard come playoffs.
Well hopefully AV is ready with the hook and the first bad playoff game costs Luongo his job for good.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:19 AM
bbud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth7 View Post
its all about april may june thats when it will matter how he plays .

Old
12-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbud View Post
its all about april may june thats when it will matter how he plays .
While I agree with this for the most part, I will suggest that you probably don't. Like most of the people I've seen ragging on him (still! 6 months later!), most of the post-season will likely be forgotten in favour of obsessing over the last 3 or 4 games.

I assume a large percentage of the people won't even be able to enjoy Christmas this year on account of their ever-lasting rage for Luongo.

Old
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Approaching 1,000 posts.

Closed.

Closed Thread