HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Individual ticket prices

Old
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Satan'sIsland81

vCash: 500
Individual ticket prices

Have you guys seen the prices for the single game seats? Besides the last two rows of the arena ($30 and $42), the cheapest seats for opening night are almost $50...That is outrageous. For a team that cannot attract fans as it is, that is the way you welcome back your fanbase. By raising prices? I thought for sure, we would see teams like the Isles slash their single game prices by like 25% or something, not raise them from the previous season. Maybe I'll go to opening night and one Rags game, MAYBE, but thats it for me. Ridiculous

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
Have you guys seen the prices for the single game seats? Besides the last two rows of the arena ($30 and $42), the cheapest seats for opening night are almost $50...That is outrageous. For a team that cannot attract fans as it is, that is the way you welcome back your fanbase. By raising prices? I thought for sure, we would see teams like the Isles slash their single game prices by like 25% or something, not raise them from the previous season. Maybe I'll go to opening night and one Rags game, MAYBE, but thats it for me. Ridiculous
Which is why I only buy 'student tickets'. So long as you have a college or highschool ID the tickets are less than 20 bucks, and most often you can move around the upperbowl to the bluelines.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
I saw somewhere the the top three rows of the arena went from $15 all the way up to $27... That is a complete joke. I'm seeing everywhere that teams across the league are stepping up and doing a lot of promos to thank fans for coming back and to try and get people back into it:

-Penguins are giving away vouchers for food at concessions.
-Panthers are selling tickets for $7
-Dallas is letting all kids under 12 in for free for the first two months.
-Nashville buy one get one on tickets
-Sens are giving season ticket holders free games and letting them meet the entire team in person.

-Islanders: Raises ticket prices.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Satan'sIsland81

Not only that, but the Isles are again going with a premium game pricing plan. Really great way to get a fanbase that is angry about the crappy product as well as league-wide about a lockout back in the arena. This team just has no clue. I actually allowed myself to even feel slightly excited when the lockout ended, but when I saw these prices and realized I would have to pay $50 to sit in Row P of the 300 section, all the excitement faded away.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:42 AM
bvon44

I was planning on going to opening night and the MLK day game....not anymore, I'll watch it at home. I cannot believe they raised prices after the lockout.

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
OlTimeHockey

I stopped going. I won't endorse Wang's ownership. 11 years and change and he hasn't seen one dime from me.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
bvon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I saw somewhere the the top three rows of the arena went from $15 all the way up to $27... That is a complete joke. I'm seeing everywhere that teams across the league are stepping up and doing a lot of promos to thank fans for coming back and to try and get people back into it:

-Penguins are giving away vouchers for food at concessions.
-Panthers are selling tickets for $7
-Dallas is letting all kids under 12 in for free for the first two months.
-Nashville buy one get one on tickets
-Sens are giving season ticket holders free games and letting them meet the entire team in person.

-Islanders: Raises ticket prices.
Don't forget about Tampa giving out season tickets for $200.

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvon44 View Post
Don't forget about Tampa giving out season tickets for $200.
And the Isles giving away season ticket packages held by others because someone didn't put their deposit on time during a lockout.

Way to keep fans happy! Wang moves to Brooklyn, tosses aside local fans.

Hey, maybe beer will be $15 this year!

Understandable, though...Wang DID lose a lot of money (when his dressing Guerin, Hilbert, Sim, Pock and others failed to sell the building out, proving fans are cheap and will never be happy).

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Hey guys. I got seats to opening night. Section 324 row P. Is that really high up and are they good seats?

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Islespuck89

I am in shock over the ticket prices. I will still go to the home opener. Only because a friend from out of town will be back next weekend and won't be here for the rest of the season. We will wait til last minute. With these prices the isles are sure to have a deal for $20 seats last minute.

Islespuck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Degeneration Rex

Starting in 1976 until 2007 I used to bring a group of my students to a game once a year.
With the Islanders situation the last few years, a long bus ride of about 4 hours and a lack
of enthusiasm we stopped making our yearly trip.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 01-13-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Went to stubhub today there are tickets available as low as $22.. It's really the only place I get tickets anymore since all my teams suck they're usually way below face value..

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:27 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Hey guys. I got seats to opening night. Section 324 row P. Is that really high up and are they good seats?
It is pretty high up. But there really isn't a bad seat in NVMC. You might not be able to see the entire scoreboard, but at least you will see all the ice surface.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:27 AM
lost35*

Stubhub is the way to go

people invest in Season tickets thinking if the Isles make the playoffs and go far they will make money

and they wind up selling tickets for 1/2 price on stubhub

and if you think prices are bad now wait until they make the move to Brooklyn

with only 12,000 non obstructed seats and I am sure many of those are going to be gobbled up by suits and corporations, I doubt there will be any deals

at least now the Isles run alot of promotions where you can get a good deal

say goodbye to that in a couple of years

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Why Wang? If you can't deliver one of the best products in the NHL, you should not raise the prices.

In Sweden we always complain about stuff like this. Why don't you do that aswell? If all of you contact NYI, maybe they will change the prices?

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Bossyfan71

I bought my Yankee tickets through Stub Hub last year and that's really the way to go if you want to save money. Especially for me who will have to take a subway from the Bronx, take LIRR and then a bus. I'm dropping close to 50.00 on transit alone even before I get to the arena. If I can save a few bucks, maybe I'll have enough for a beer and hot dog.

Mike

Bossyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Went to stubhub today there are tickets available as low as $22.. It's really the only place I get tickets anymore since all my teams suck they're usually way below face value..
Really is the only way to go. I bet 75% of people who complain about prices don't even know what stubhub is.

Anyway, the trick with stubhub is to make sure you get the e-tickets. Never go for the tickets that need FedEx delivery (unless it's in larger quantity). Cut's shipping from $16.95 to $4.95.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
PJGooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Really is the only way to go. I bet 75% of people who complain about prices don't even know what stubhub is.

Anyway, the trick with stubhub is to make sure you get the e-tickets. Never go for the tickets that need FedEx delivery (unless it's in larger quantity). Cut's shipping from $16.95 to $4.95.
Better for those of us that do know.

This might come as news to some, but with today's ticket pricing in all sports and options on the secondary market, when your team is awful, the box office is a complete waste of money.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Middle ice, but high up. Isn't bad at all. Last year I got tickets right behind the bench, easily the worst seats I have ever had.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:37 AM
19NYSports91

Me and my friends were going to go to the coliseum today to get tickets. I usually go stubhub, but I heard it's cheaper to get them there.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:41 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Those prices are asinine. As others have already said, the secondary market (StubHub, etc.) will do what the Islanders can't, and that is sell them at the actual price demand warrants.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
Stubhub is the way to go

people invest in Season tickets thinking if the Isles make the playoffs and go far they will make money

and they wind up selling tickets for 1/2 price on stubhub

and if you think prices are bad now wait until they make the move to Brooklyn

with only 12,000 non obstructed seats and I am sure many of those are going to be gobbled up by suits and corporations, I doubt there will be any deals

at least now the Isles run alot of promotions where you can get a good deal

say goodbye to that in a couple of years
It's actually 14,500 (with probably more in the future) but don't let facts get in the way of another one of your Brooklyn-bashing posts.

Giuseppe Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Bones45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan'sIsland81 View Post
I spoke to some of the guys from the parking lot, regarding this years tickets.

Prices are the same.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
KrisBeKreame

So for my wife and I to go to the home opener like I do every year its going to cost us $250 for the game, $10 or $12 plus babysitting and thats without getting anything at the game. We are looking at $300 to go to the game. I doubt I'll be going.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:42 AM
West Coast Isles Fan

I went onto Ticketmaster at 10am to get tickets for Tampa Bay game on MLK Jr. Day and tickets were ridiculously expensive so I went to Stubhub and got Upper VIP Center 303 Row D (center ice) for $49 each compared to $87 on Ticketmaster.

All I know is that I am now completely pumped for this season. It went from something abstract to having tickets in my hand. Can't wait!

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote