HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: "Somebody hit somebody!"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
  #301
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig stepped in & basically forced Fred Wilpon to hire Sandy Alderson as the new GM. Sandy had a winning pedigree from his time with the A's, he had a lifetime of experience in the game at all different levels of administration. I even believe he was a scout at one point as well. It was done because the Mets were a floundering franchise with absolutely no direction & no real leadership in place.

That is EXACTLY what Gary Bettman needs to do with the Islanders. FORCE Wang to hire someone who will run the day to day operations of the franchise. It is in the best interest of the league to have 30 healthy franchises. This franchise has been on it's deathbed for 15+ years. It goes way beyond a need for a new arena. The Islanders are no longer run like a major league franchise. There are 29 teams in the NHL & The Islanders get to play them. At least that's how it seems.
If the league can force Wang to hire someone to run the team AND KEEP WANG OUT OF THE WAY, it's something that benefits the entire league immensely.

Anaheim is tanking it for Nail. The Isles aren't. The Isles are just willingly misrun to the point of being pitiful.

Bettman and the BOG have to step in. It's only been, what, 17 years of this BS? 18? And the inaction might lead to the removal of a dynasty team from their home.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
  #302
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
If the league can force Wang to hire someone to run the team AND KEEP WANG OUT OF THE WAY, it's something that benefits the entire league immensely.

Anaheim is tanking it for Nail. The Isles aren't. The Isles are just willingly misrun to the point of being pitiful.

Bettman and the BOG have to step in. It's only been, what, 17 years of this BS? 18? And the inaction might lead to the removal of a dynasty team from their home.
no, they're just awful right now...

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:22 AM
  #303
MichaelK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
If the league can force Wang to hire someone to run the team AND KEEP WANG OUT OF THE WAY, it's something that benefits the entire league immensely.

Anaheim is tanking it for Nail. The Isles aren't. The Isles are just willingly misrun to the point of being pitiful.

Bettman and the BOG have to step in. It's only been, what, 17 years of this BS? 18? And the inaction might lead to the removal of a dynasty team from their home.
George Young was forced upon the New York Giants in a similar manner. New York is a huge media market and a competitive Islanders team will increase $$$$ all around.

MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
  #304
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
It's great that the team is playing so well lately, I just have a problem with noone going after fristic last night.
I mean your 19 year old gem of a prospect was concussed, had to be helped off the ice and Fristic is allowed to skate around all game and noone even says a word to him?
Dont get me wrong Im happy that we won that game last nite, but I wouldent have been upset in the least had someone gone after fristic and sent a message.

Not only does Fristic and Dallas know they can push us around play dirty, but this sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages. Take away Matt Martin and this team has no balls.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
  #305
leaponover
Registered User
 
leaponover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iskan, S. Korea
Country: South Korea
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
It's great that the team is playing so well lately, I just have a problem with noone going after fristic last night.
I mean your 19 year old gem of a prospect was concussed, had to be helped off the ice and Fristic is allowed to skate around all game and noone even says a word to him?
Dont get me wrong Im happy that we won that game last nite, but I wouldent have been upset in the least had someone gone after fristic and sent a message.

Not only does Fristic and Dallas know they can push us around play dirty, but this sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages. Take away Matt Martin and this team has no balls.
So it would have been better to just assault Fistric every time he was on the ice and have the Stars on a perpetual power play the whole rest of the game? I have no idea what you are saying. Martin stepped up, fought him, and that's the end of it. You don't spend the rest of the game targeting one player if you still want a W. This is silly.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM
  #306
leaponover
Registered User
 
leaponover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iskan, S. Korea
Country: South Korea
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdom1012 View Post
idk dude theres only so much you can do with the rangers jersey and i think this one was a hit i really like it...and if your even remotely comnparing it to the isles new thrid then you need your eyes checked lol our jersey has been destroyed by every reporter, blogger, columnist, forum, isles fan and nhl fan in general...were in a league of our own...but that post wasnt about the jersey it was about our franchise and how horrible it is compared to the rags
But you bought one.... Baaah... baaah.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
  #307
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
So it would have been better to just assault Fistric every time he was on the ice and have the Stars on a perpetual power play the whole rest of the game? I have no idea what you are saying. Martin stepped up, fought him, and that's the end of it. You don't spend the rest of the game targeting one player if you still want a W. This is silly.

"So it would have been better to just assault Fistric every time he was on the ice and have the Stars on a perpetual power play the whole rest of the game? I have no idea what you are saying."

What are you talking about? Of course I dont want the Islanders to assault Fristic everytime he gets on the ice .
I mean just one time to get it over with and that, Im sure he would have obliged willingly had an Islander asked him to fight because of the Nino hit earlier. There is a code and most follow it, Fristic knew he would have had to answer the bell for that hit.

"Martin stepped up, fought him, and that's the end of it."
LOL, he fought him? That was not a fight he tried to step up but the refs got in the way. If you call that pay back I dont know what else to say.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
  #308
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
It's great that the team is playing so well lately, I just have a problem with noone going after fristic last night.
I mean your 19 year old gem of a prospect was concussed, had to be helped off the ice and Fristic is allowed to skate around all game and noone even says a word to him?
Dont get me wrong Im happy that we won that game last nite, but I wouldent have been upset in the least had someone gone after fristic and sent a message.

Not only does Fristic and Dallas know they can push us around play dirty, but this sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages. Take away Matt Martin and this team has no balls.
Whereas I understand your concern, we unfortunately were seeing players drop like flies yesterday.

Already depleted on D by the loss of MacDonald and Eaton and regularly featuring Mr. "At-least-one-goal-against-while-I'm-on-the-ice" Mottau, then losing Jurcina for half a period, losing Niederreiter, seeing Dipi go down (to our great fortune, I believe), Grabner needing to leave in the third and Reasoner having been so useless that Cappy had to bench his behind for the entire third, the team just had too much to concentrate on to get the win.

Revenge or setting the record straight just couldn't be a priority.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
  #309
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
Dont get me wrong Im happy that we won that game last nite, but I wouldent have been upset in the least had someone gone after fristic and sent a message.

Not only does Fristic and Dallas know they can push us around play dirty, but this sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages. Take away Matt Martin and this team has no balls.
I hate to quote myself but I called this one. After last game in dallas after fristic is allowed to stroll around the ice all night and nothing is done about it.
Then go to last night we play them again they start cheap shotting us many more times.
Dallas knew they can do what they want with this soft team not having to worry about any islander doing a damn thing.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:13 AM
  #310
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,985
vCash: 500
Dallas wasn't taking cheap shots all night, they were playing hard to win and it only looks cheap because we're so pathetically soft.

As Wang wants. (just look - a few tough guys but no one else hits hard so the team is on a whole wimpy)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
  #311
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Dallas wasn't taking cheap shots all night, they were playing hard to win and it only looks cheap because we're so pathetically soft.

As Wang wants. (just look - a few tough guys but no one else hits hard so the team is on a whole wimpy)
I am starting to think that also with wang. The Konopka move makes me think so. If anyone should have been resigned it should have been him, he was the leader of that room and a fan fav so why did wang and snow get rid of him? I mean last half of last year we iced a tough team we played well and were not pushed around like we were last night, so why change it up? Wang prob did not like the negative press after the pitt game.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
  #312
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Dallas wasn't taking cheap shots all night, they were playing hard to win and it only looks cheap because we're so pathetically soft.

As Wang wants. (just look - a few tough guys but no one else hits hard so the team is on a whole wimpy)
Have you ever thought about the possibility that Wang is an autocrat who doesn't like to be stood up to. and that's why he likes soft teams? Think about it, Konopka, gone! Neil Smith, Gone! Bill Jaffe, gone!

I admit, if I owned a team, I'd want to be involved, too. But this is ridiculous. The people who have been saying, "This team will never be any good under Wang" are absolutely right. How can it be denied?

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
  #313
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Have you ever thought about the possibility that Wang is an autocrat who doesn't like to be stood up to. and that's why he likes soft teams? Think about it, Konopka, gone! Neil Smith, Gone! Bill Jaffe, gone!

I admit, if I owned a team, I'd want to be involved, too. But this is ridiculous. The people who have been saying, "This team will never be any good under Wang" are absolutely right. How can it be denied?
You left out Joe Micheletti, who let the team have it FAR MORE than Jaffe.

Look up and read about his running of CA, but until then, sit down and shut up!

(to a fan....still cracks me up)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
  #314
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
You left out Joe Micheletti, who let the team have it FAR MORE than Jaffe.

Look up and read about his running of CA, but until then, sit down and shut up!

(to a fan....still cracks me up)
I remember the "sit down and shut up" - I'm very interested in learning about how he ran CA. Frankly, in term of A) Ever being good; and B) Staying on Long Island, I'm very much concerned and not convinced.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 12:18 AM
  #315
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
Not only does Fristic and Dallas know they can push us around play dirty, but this sends the wrong message to every other team in the NHL.
Every team now knows they will beable to get away with anything they want with this team because as much as I hate to say it as an Islander fan this team is just filled with soft players who are unwilling to send messages. Take away Matt Martin and this team has no balls.
Happy we won tonight but getting sick of our goalies/players being run with nothing done about it. We are gonna be manhandled physically thursday by the Rangers.
This quote is proving true yet again. Teams will continue to see that you can run our goalies/players and nothing will be done about it.

This team is so ********** soft and pathetic each game continues to amaze me at how many gutless cowards can be on one team at the same time. What other tham in the NHL allows their goalie to get ran like that with the PLAYERS STANDING AROUNG DOING NOTHING? NONE. How is Kane allowed to jsut sit there and yap with all 5 of our guys standing around? Pathetic.


Last edited by Isles4ever82: 12-21-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:07 AM
  #316
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
Happy we won tonight but getting sick of our goalies/players being run with nothing done about it. We are gonna be manhandled physically thursday by the Rangers.
This quote is proving true yet again. Teams will continue to see that you can run our goalies/players and nothing will be done about it.

This team is so ********** soft and pathetic each game continues to amaze me at how many gutless cowards can be on one team at the same time. What other tham in the NHL allows their goalie to get ran like that with the PLAYERS STANDING AROUNG DOING NOTHING? NONE. How is Kane allowed to jsut sit there and yap with all 5 of our guys standing around? Pathetic.
Actually, from the standpoint of someone who has played the game, there was no place else Kane could have gone. Ultimately, his elbows made contact with Montoya's head and he rightfully got a penalty for that, but with his speed coming in off the wing and the incutting movement of a powerful Jurcina, Kane couldn't have done a thing to avoid that collision. Is was preordained by physics.

This said, anybody on this team other than Martin, Hamonic, Staios, Jurcina and maybe Wallace would look like a fool if he were to answer with fisticuffs. There's no 'craziness' in this line-up and toughness has to be shown by all players in the way they battle.

Meanwhile, the only thing BPort can win nowadays is fights.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:39 AM
  #317
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Actually, from the standpoint of someone who has played the game, there was no place else Kane could have gone. Ultimately, his elbows made contact with Montoya's head and he rightfully got a penalty for that, but with his speed coming in off the wing and the incutting movement of a powerful Jurcina, Kane couldn't have done a thing to avoid that collision. Is was preordained by physics.

This said, anybody on this team other than Martin, Hamonic, Staios, Jurcina and maybe Wallace would look like a fool if he were to answer with fisticuffs. There's no 'craziness' in this line-up and toughness has to be shown by all players in the way they battle.

Meanwhile, the only thing BPort can win nowadays is fights.

" Actually, from the standpoint of someone who has played the game, there was no place else Kane could have gone"


I see we have another apologist or defender of the reasons this team does nothing in the physical department or attempts to defend it own players.

Dont go there, I have also played the game and Kane made no attempt to get out of the way he just drove to the net recklessly. He had no respect for anyone on this roster, drove to the net hard slaming into Montoya, with out trying to get out of the way. I dont know where you played but where I played Kane would have been jumped, but this team is full of marys.

"This said, anybody on this team other than Martin, Hamonic, Staios, Jurcina and maybe Wallace would look like a fool if he were to answer with fisticuffs. There's no 'craziness' in this line-up and toughness has to be shown by all players in the way they battle."

There is your answer! Garth Snow has assembled the most pathetic players interms of grit,toughness ect to answer the bell if need be and DEFEND TEAMMATES.


Another thing, please dont mention Juchina and Wallace, they are not doing anything to anyone they would look like just as much a fool KO did last night.
Just curious as to why Juchina is mentioned in the same breath as Martin and Hamonic in terms of dropping the gloves? What makes you think he would not look like a fool? Jurchina has NEVER fought in the NHL what makes you think he woulden't look like a fool? Jurchina is fighting no one.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 08:08 AM
  #318
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Brunomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
" Actually, from the standpoint of someone who has played the game, there was no place else Kane could have gone"
I see we have another apologist or defender of the reasons this team does nothing in the physical department or attempts to defend it own players.

Dont go there, I have also played the game and Kane made no attempt to get out of the way he just drove to the net recklessly. He had no respect for anyone on this roster, drove to the net hard slaming into Montoya, with out trying to get out of the way. I dont know where you played but where I played Kane would have been jumped, but this team is full of marys.

"This said, anybody on this team other than Martin, Hamonic, Staios, Jurcina and maybe Wallace would look like a fool if he were to answer with fisticuffs. There's no 'craziness' in this line-up and toughness has to be shown by all players in the way they battle."
There is your answer! Garth Snow has assembled the most pathetic players interms of grit,toughness ect to answer the bell if need be and DEFEND TEAMMATES.


Another thing, please dont mention Juchina and Wallace, they are not doing anything to anyone they would look like just as much a fool KO did last night.
Just curious as to why Juchina is mentioned in the same breath as Martin and Hamonic in terms of dropping the gloves? What makes you think he would not look like a fool? Jurchina has NEVER fought in the NHL what makes you think he woulden't look like a fool? Jurchina is fighting no one.
In complete agreement with you there. Just that whenever your goalie gets leveled like that no matter who is at fault or how the play developed you need to start throwing no matter who you are on the ice.

For the second bolded I think it would be a good sign for other players to answer back to that with punches. Don't get me wrong Kane is a bad ass but the message needs to be that we are not going to take any ****.

I loved that Okposo stood up for Frans but Martin needs to teach him some things because that was pretty bad.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  #319
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
In complete agreement with you there. Just that whenever your goalie gets leveled like that no matter who is at fault or how the play developed you need to start throwing no matter who you are on the ice.

For the second bolded I think it would be a good sign for other players to answer back to that with punches. Don't get me wrong Kane is a bad ass but the message needs to be that we are not going to take any ****.

I loved that Okposo stood up for Frans but Martin needs to teach him some things because that was pretty bad.
Thats my problem with this pathetic team, guys get run on our team and everyone just stands around. Dont for one second think other teams in the NHL are not taking note of this.

It all started with Dallas when Fristic was allowed to skate around the ice ALL GAME LONG with no one even saying a damn word to him after giving our top prospect a concussion that knocked him out of the game.
There are times when someone needs to send messages that that type of play wont be tollerated or else someone will pay. The only message that was sent by us and the wrong message the Islanders sent to the entire NHL that night is that you can do what ever you like to us and we wont do a damn thing.

In fact the remach game against Dallas they bullied us around all game knowing no one on this roster will do a damn thin about it. How many times has our goaltender been run in the last few weeks? It's clear as day the league is starting to take notice of how much of a P***** team these guys are.

Anyone remember last half of last year when Konopka,Haley,Martin and Gillies were in the lineup after the Pitt game? After that Pitt game and after we started to dress some tougher players there were no cheapshots against us after the pitt game because we let it be known if you mess with our young guys we are gonna pound the S*** out of you.
Cheapshots and our players weill continue because there is no threat and teams know no one is gonna do anything. We let everyone walk all over us. Why do we always have to be a weak soft team, why cant we draft and build our teams like Philly or Boston? Those teams do the pushing around not the other way around.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:51 PM
  #320
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post

I loved that Okposo stood up for Frans
I didn't. Why must clean hits now be answered by fights?

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
  #321
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
I didn't. Why must clean hits now be answered by fights?

Listen, for one thing the Islanders dont even answer for or defend bad or cheap hits. There is a time in a game when someone takes a blatant run at your player clean or not you step up.

Thats cool that you like our young guys being abused, you must like our young guys getting run, goiles getting run over ect. Thats fine, lets just wait for the next injury resulting from a cheap hit. Another one who just "does not get it".

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
  #322
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
Listen, for one thing the Islanders dont even answer for or defend bad or cheap hits. There is a time in a game when someone takes a blatant run at your player clean or not you step up.

Thats cool that you like our young guys being abused, you must like our young guys getting run, goiles getting run over ect. Thats fine, lets just wait for the next injury resulting from a cheap hit. Another one who just "does not get it".


Back in my day, you took a clean hit like a man. Judging by your grammar, you are probably not a man so I forgive you for not being able to relate. Glad I "don't get" whatever it is you "get." Is it acne?

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM
  #323
OlTimeHockey
Registered User
 
OlTimeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: home
Country: China
Posts: 15,985
vCash: 500
Whatever you define as clean or dirty matters not. We DON'T hit. Wang teams have one guy or two on one line scheduled to hit. Other teams.....they have everyone hit.

If you beat the Isles down, you beat them (unless you're missing all your top players or suck) it seems is the rationale for opponents lately. EVERYONE is hitting us harder each game.

Should Kane have gotten a reply? Definitely. The Franz hit was clean but we should have responded the next shift. It's not what you say but how you say it and I don't agree with going goon or Stars like with the hits but I will say you play like you're tougher than they give you credit for or you're gonna have a long, long season.

ANY Arbour team had toughness out every shift combined with the smarts as to when to use it.

This ain't no Arbour team, for sure.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
  #324
Isles4ever82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post


Back in my day, you took a clean hit like a man. Judging by your grammar, you are probably not a man so I forgive you for not being able to relate. Glad I "don't get" whatever it is you "get." Is it acne?

Please save the "back in my day" crap for someone else.
The funny thing is that im probably older then you.
Thats actually a real funny quote as I have probably been watching alot longer then you, and have actually played and your the one questioning me.

"Back in my day, you took a clean hit like a man."
You are missing the point it's not the point that it was a "clean hit"

The Islanders of today dont stand up for eachother weather you make a clean hit or cheapshot and thats the point, you just dont get.

It was a NICE change after someone was ran for KO to atleast try to do something considering THIS TEAM DOES NOTHING WHEN SOMEONE GETS CHEAP SHOTTED.


"Back in my day, you took a clean hit like a man"

In your day did players hit? Our players dont.
In your day did players play physical? Our players dont
In your day did players stand up for each other? Our team does not.
In your day teams were as soft as these Isles? I have never seen a team as soft as this years Islanders team.
Again ,I'll say it again another one who "just does not get it".



"Judging by your grammar, you are probably not a man so I forgive you for not being able to relate. Glad I "don't get" whatever it is you "get." Is it acne?"

This quote just shows the moron that I thought you were.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
  #325
Riddick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
dallas/philly game tonight

anyone else watching this? it is utterly amazing how our GM thinks you can win in this league without toughness. these two teams play each other once this year(i think) and they are just hitting, fighting, talking **** to each other, standing up for each other when a player touches their goalie, etc.

Dallas just intimidated our team completely, philly is winning and just not taking any ****. Very enjoyable game...

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.