HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: "Somebody hit somebody!"

Old
11-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Moosie

vCash: 500
Deja vu all over again. This sure feels like the losing streak last season. Who will be this year's Capuano to swoop in and save the team?

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:01 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post

Personally, I'm as chill as a cucumber and I'm not worried at all.
Yeah, when the outcome is already known, there's no reason to worry. I'm already reading hot stove blogs for baseball, as this hockey season is already over for the Isles.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:04 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

****ing brutal.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:23 AM
MikeyMike01*
Hurray

Send a message via AIM to MikeyMike01* Send a message via MSN to MikeyMike01*
Just move the team already.

MikeyMike01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Isles72

trying to stay positive , but its very hard .

I'm hoping for them to have that ''chip on their shoulder'' type of positive energy in the coming weeks to help turn this thing around .

a little 3 game winning streak would do wonders.

Isles72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
RealSturat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
thank god im not also a mets fan....Man I feel for my fellow Islanders fans who also have to deal with the Mets....
Mets/Jets/Isles here.

I am not kidding myself here, I knew the playoffs were a long shot and EVERYTHING had to come together. But I still expected the season to be meaningful past the new year, not over before Thanksgiving.

I may be numb to the losing, but I still think this is the last year for NHL Center Ice for me until the team is worth the time and money. If not, then I will re-up for the last year in NY in 2015.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:00 AM
RealSturat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Yes. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I say this stuff every Sunday...lol
I live in Cleveland...all I gotta say is OUCH.

As bad as the Jets have it, the Browns remind me every week how much better off I am. Yeesh.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:06 AM
leaponover

Haha, you self centered Mets fans. Seriously, try being a Baltimore Orioles fan!! I don't even follow the roster anymore the franchise is so hideous, but I still have the hats and the tattoo to think of days gone by.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Brunomics

There is no will to win among management. It's just throw out kids, fill the gaps with old cheap past their prime players and try to sell the product. This team is going to get moved in 2015 but with the way things are going now I'm going to have long removed myself from anything resembling a passion for them and never follow hockey again.

Even though I follow the Mets(ugh) and Steelers(a rare win for me) nothing compares to that hope and pending disapointment that comes with the Isles. When the Steelers won those two super bowls the past couple years I'd just sit back and relax just taking it in. That is nothing compared to how I'd feel about the Isles if something good happened with them.

Nothing will ever change around here. This time next year we'll be in the same position as years gone past hoping this will change better for the future. It's very close to being at that point where it's not worth my time, money and mental sanity to follow this team because what is going to happen has been a forgone conclusion.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Aucoin3

I think today is officially the earliest in all my 30 years as an Islander fan that I checked the league standings to see how close we were to the #1 overall pick.

Every year seems to get worse and I really believe at this point most of the blame must fall on Snow's shoulders.

The year we had Neil Smith for a couple weeks we made the playoffs. Added solid vets like Witt, Poti and Sillinger. You can say what you want about the rebuild but this is the same stunt Snow tried to pull each of the last three seasons. This year it was Reasoner, Pandolfo, Staois, Rolston. Last year it was Eaton, Mottau, Wiz, Konopka. The only of these moves to show any positive results are Staois and Konopka. Both of whom will be 1 year Islanders.

I know he will never be fired but his decisions have not worked out. I actually think Yashin would have made this team better this year and no Islander fan should even be thinking that.

Another thing with Snow is to date none of his draft picks have worked out with the exception of Tavares and Hamonic and its hard to credit him with Tavares. Granted its early on Strome and Neidereitter and Okposo wasnt his pick, however other teams were just as bad as us in those years and they have found a way.

Every year this team gets less entertaining and then Snow goes and breaks Islanderspointbreak.com so now we cant even enjoy any insight on the team.

Ok you were right that venting did help.

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Islanderfan17

Hello everyone,

My name is Islanderfan17 and I'm a recovering Islander fan

Forum: Hiiiiiiii Islanderfan17

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
John TavArt Ross

This team is not worth the hangover!

John TavArt Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:43 AM
jmg27

We suck! And can we please get down to 2 goalies! Enough already. And lets get some damn grit on this team.

All I want for xmas is 2 goalies (not 3), a top 2 d-man, and a first line winger for Tavares.

jmg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:01 AM
HookeyPookey*

quick question if the team suddenly finds it's mojo when we are 30 games outside the playoffs and there's no pressure what so more is it a real kick in the teeth?

For me it would be if you cant win games in the heat and can steal some cheap one's when everyone treats you as a joke it's nothing to be proud of. NOW is the time to be winning.

Rangers went winless and they are on 7 in a row now. Edmonton did it. The Sens did it Winnipeg's won a few time for this team to stand up ffs.

HookeyPookey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

I feel bad for you people who still live and die with every loss. I can happily say I am not that person anymore. I am completely numb to it. I still enjoy watching hockey more than ever (not the Isles). The Islanders are hard on my eyes, but I can appreciate good hockey and watch real teams as much as possible.

Point being... don't let this team keep you down. They will NEVER be good and the sooner you grasp that, the sooner you can move on to watching the great hockey the rest of the NHL has to offer... or just don't watch hockey anymore. But this team/organization is NOT worth your time/energy/well being.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
LAPPY13

$4,500 dollars for two season tickets and season is already over in November! Such a waste of hard earned money! FU Wang-snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done giving Wang my money!

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Islanderfan17 and I'm a recovering Islander fan

Forum: Hiiiiiiii Islanderfan17
HAHA IA = Islanders Anonymous

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
$4,500 dollars for two season tickets and season is already over in November! Such a waste of hard earned money! FU Wang-snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am done giving Wang my money!
I thought my 450 bucks for splitting a seat with a friend was bad. This is the first and last time he's getting my money. Next season and beyond if I decide to go(and that's a big if) I'm going to go through stubhub instead of the box office.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:05 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I thought my 450 bucks for splitting a seat with a friend was bad. This is the first and last time he's getting my money. Next season and beyond if I decide to go(and that's a big if) I'm going to go through stubhub instead of the box office.
Excellent Point!

He's already got some poor fan's money, so don't give him more.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
LAPPY13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
2012-13 season I will wait until Xmas time and if we are playing .500 hockey or better I will buy some tickets and attend some games again. Not sure I want to go to anymore games this year EVEN WELL I HAVE TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON! I WOULD RATHER KEEP MY SEATS EMPTY AS A WAY OF TELLING SNOW-WANG I THINK THEY ARE DOING A ****** JOB! (wang-snow faked me out for the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:47 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
2012-13 season I will wait until Xmas time and if we are playing .500 hockey or better I will buy some tickets and attend some games again. Not sure I want to go to anymore games this year EVEN WELL I HAVE TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON! I WOULD RATHER KEEP MY SEATS EMPTY AS A WAY OF TELLING SNOW-WANG I THINK THEY ARE DOING A ****** JOB! (wang-snow faked me out for the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
How's this:

Everyone with seasons, GIVE YOUR TICKETS TO THE HOMELESS!

It's a win - win!

The seats get used, the homeless for once in a long time get to experience something good and Wang and the Isles have a full building of people who have no interest in the game whatsoever (which is normal all too often).

I think it would be hilarious seeing the disarray and chaos in the halls and at the seats.

It's not like you can lose your seats for giving them to someone in need, right?

(BTW, the crazier, the better)

Old
11-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Islanders1932

I have an unhealthy problem. The Islanders are so bad and I cannot stop going to games. My record this year is 1-4. And now i have free tickets for Thursday which I am kind of mad about because I would much rather watch the Jets game, yet I am still going to go to this game. Someone help me.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
I have an unhealthy problem. The Islanders are so bad and I cannot stop going to games. My record this year is 1-4. And now i have free tickets for Thursday which I am kind of mad about because I would much rather watch the Jets game, yet I am still going to go to this game. Someone help me.
See if you can sell them to someone for, like, $5 (buy coffee) and tell them it's on the condition they have to be heard on air yelling something awesome about Snow or Wang?

That'd be awesome if I had a few of my buddies - born hecklers - to give the tix to.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem.

Old
11-16-2011, 03:12 PM
DisplacedIslander
Back Up The Trucks

Send a message via MSN to DisplacedIslander
Honestly, there's nothing to rant and rave about anymore. Those of us like myself that remember the good times and have lived through this 19 year nightmare, those that saw each new owner come in with great promises and fail to deliver time and again, those that have precious little optimism which gets shattered by Thanksgiving every season have nothing left to rant about. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. Because I value my sanity, there's no reason why I should scream at the freight train when it's going to continue to jump the tracks.

To rant involves passion and feeling. They've drained the feeling out of me, so I remain silent. When there is something to be passionate about again, then I will voice up if need be.

Until then I will remain a loyal fan to the end, who will keep his silence because there's no use vocalizing displeasure at insanity.

DisplacedIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro

You are a factory of sadness!

That is all.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote