HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: "Somebody hit somebody!"

Old
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Belarus

vCash: 500
!!@#$%%$#^^&*(&^%^&*()(*&^%$!!@#))(*&^%^&*^%$#@$%^

this is how i feel...

Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
!!@#$%%$#^^&*(&^%^&*()(*&^%$!!@#))(*&^%^&*^%$#@$%^

this is how i feel...
What he said.....

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Why do I support this team? Why did I started to follow the Islanders? I don't even live in the United States. I've never been to Long Island. Still got some strange kind of love for this team. I'm watching almost all games, I've just missed one this season.

And the only thing I get return is bad feelings and lack of sleep. This team is making me sad, angry and furious at the same time.

Anyway, still has to go to LI this season. Going to sit behind our bench with a paperbag over my head...

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
bvon44

Islanders tickets should come with one of those little skull and crossbone labels that come on packets of rat poison and bottles of pharmaceuticals...."This product can be hazardous to your health."

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
pattyb91
Twitter: @pattyb94

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
I hate to say it, but I let this team affect me way too much...like when we play like this (which is basically every game) I feel like ****, I don't wanna go out, I don't wanna talk to anyone. I hate it. I just wish we could have an owner that cared...this has been embarrassing to say the least.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:31 PM
PALMETTO BREEZE

I will say this with Rolston, Pandolfo, Eaton coming off the books we must bring a top 5 wanted UFA defensemen, if not happening than Bettman has to have a talk with Wang and set some ground rules, if you don't care one iota then you must sell.

PALMETTO BREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:53 PM
luki here

ullstrom sucked, ko stills sucks, cappy playing the geriatric line like if it was our first line.

only the versus commentators were worse than the isles are vs the penguins tonite.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Can we start an Occupy Nassau Coliseum movement? The obvious message will be for Wang to sell the team.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:42 PM
macleod50

Would be nice if someone could buy an ad in Newsday again and just blast Wang and the organization.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
majormet

I was pondering this question, if the Isles played the Sound Tigers in a 7 game series who would win?

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Is there anyone with experience printing t-shirts? I want a shirt with an Islanders logo, but with a brown paper bag over the top half of it. I would definitely buy one if someone could make them.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheyHockey View Post
Can we start an Occupy Nassau Coliseum movement? The obvious message will be for Wang to sell the team.
He'll think we're there to buy tickets to the game

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
mitchy22

Rant on our forwards

I don't get the point of bringing up Ullstrom, inserting KO, and then sitting Nino and Comeau.

If we're going to get bigger/stronger, then what's the point in doing that?

I want our top-6 forwards to all have something special about their physical abilities.

Going into the season:
Tavares - top-end first two steps, shifty, top-end hockey IQ, strong finisher and playmaker / isn't overly big and gets targeted often by the other team

Grabner - top-end NHL speed, scores in different ways, disruptive on the forecheck due to his speed, doesn't shy away from contact / on the smallish side, streaky finisher

Nielsen - good agility, above average speed, good hockey IQ / doesn't play well down low in either zone, very small for a center, needs to be better in the dot

Comeau - good straight away speed, good release, good passer when facing the play / very erratic in all aspects of the game, slow decision maker, not the most agile considering his speed and isn't great with the puck in close or along the boards

KO - very strong in the corners, good passer / needs to use his size to intimidate, needs to get more pucks to the net and finish at least 10% of his chances

Moulson - very strong finisher, goes to the dirty areas of the ice, decent positioning / lacking in physical attributes, better without the puck on his stick for long periods, much more effective in close to the net than away from it

PAP - strong work ethic, very good stickhandler, good passer when given time / erratic finisher and passer, lacking in hockey IQ, very poor skater though increased stamina helps him get by, not overly big even if he finishes every check, very limited scoring range and flubs some easy finishes

Bailey - good vision, good passer, good positionally, bigger than most of our centers (which is sad), getting better at getting dirty to make a play / isn't overly strong or fast, lacks polish, confidence varies effectiveness, needs to be better in the dot

Martin - very strong, finishes every check, plays a fearless game, decent release on his shot / not the greatest skater, still learning positional hockey, offensive ability hasn't been tested enough at this level

Reasoner - very good in the dot, works hard, not without skill for a bottom-6er / not overly skilled, needs extra ice and better linemates to perform offensively

Pandolfo - good work ethic, decent skater, good PKer / has limited offensive ability, isn't overly strong or big, isn't intimidating,

Rolston - good shot when given lots of time and space / doesn't bring much else in terms of play on the ice itself

(I'm reserving judgment on any player who I haven't seen enough of to make a reasonable assessment.)

...looking at the above, it should be pretty obvious what our problem is. We're a poor mix of forwards. We lack size and speed down the middle. Some of our more offensively gifted forwards lack size, speed, or both. Our bottom-6 is not intimidating or punishing enough considering the makeup of our top-6. Only two of our forwards have ever had over 60 points - John Tavares and Brian Rolston (the latter of which is a shadow of his former self.)

Our only shot of doing something with the current squad is adding the best attributes to the top-6 and bringing up as much size/toughness/speed as we can for the bottom. If we're not the most talented group of forwards, then we have to be annoying to play against. If we're going to put most of the pressure on our top two lines, then we need to design them to be able to have the greatest chance at pressuring the other team shift to shift.

I've yet to see any of the above happen. Until we really min-max our top-2 lines and upgrade physical attributes across the entire roster, we're going to suffer at 5-on-5 (especially against the more physically impressive teams - mobile, big, strong, etc.)

Mitch

Last edited by mitchy22: 11-21-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: cleaning it up
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:02 AM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Nice run down Mitch though I'd debate some of the smaller touches, like Grabner not shying away from contact. Overall though yeah, the team is too soft and seems to be missing a real leader.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Belarus

Poor, poor John! Why did you sign that contract? You could have been on any team you want in one year, instead you chose humiliation and disarray - eternal state of things in Wang country.

Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
Poor, poor John! Why did you sign that contract? You could have been on any team you want in one year, instead you chose humiliation and disarray - eternal state of things in Wang country.
He's a good guy. Obviously, too good. Sorry, John. We all wanted so much better for you. Look on the bright side, you made two guys who were pulled from the scrap heap into 20 and 30 goal scorers. Imagine what would happen if management actually set you up with hockey players!

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:31 AM
gordie43

At this point what do you do? We can clearly see what happens when you rush players to the NHL and not give them proper veteran help.

I really think we are stuck with the team we see. No one at bridgeport is ready, and why expose them to this circus.

This team is broke and I do not see anyone or anything that can fix it this year.

gordie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Islanders4life39

Send a message via MSN to Islanders4life39
I am just a short not even 20 minute drive down 95 to the Wells Fargo Center, yet I continue to deal with this ********. When I watch the Flyers games with my friends, it makes me WANT to cheer for them they are so damn fun to watch. I wasn't even alive when the Islanders were good. But when I went to my first hockey game on the Island in 2002 in the playoffs I loved it. I have seen nothing but mediocrity and inconsistency from this team. I consider myself a loyal diehard fan of my teams and I stood by them with such confidence and optimism through this rebuild. Now when things are suppose to start getting better, they look even WORSE than they did years ago. Seriously what the ****? Aside from Tavares and Streit this team has NOTHING to offer. Three headed goalie attack? Oh please, Montoya and Nabakov went down before DP which says trouble right there. I just don't understand how this team can have such a horrible scoring start. This team was considered for the playoffs? HAHAHA. I am so sick of this ********. I've NEVER given up this early in the season but I already have. I stopped watching a few games ago, watched tonight because it was on national TV and that is the only time I don't need a ****** online stream to watch. And to what? Get shut out for the second game in a row and what 4th or 5th time already this season? Holy **** **** this, I am only 20 years old I am not suppose to be a bitter fan yet.

Islanders4life39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:16 AM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Worst Islanders Team???

The question is clear: Is this the worst Islanders team yet?

I am going to keep this short. I think it is clear that this is another lost season (except maybe getting Nail)...but it is much worse then that. There are so many reasons why this may be the worst Islanders team (there are too many too list). It's indicatvie to the scores of each game. Isles have always had trouble against Boston and Pittsburgh, normally they would lose to the tune of 4-2, 5-3. This season it, 5-0 and 6-0.

In many past seasons it was a lack of talent that crippled them, but I believed they gave a good performance each game and battled hard. This year, there is also a lack of talent...but they look like **** in EVERY aspect of the game.

I haven't been watching the Isles as long as some of you, but to me this is the worst Isles team I have seen. I've never been more disgusted.

I don't feel like watching any more of there games. I definitely don't feel like going to a game....and sadly, it appears like the Islanders team feels the same way.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:58 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldislanders View Post
The question is clear: Is this the worst Islanders team yet?

I am going to keep this short. I think it is clear that this is another lost season (except maybe getting Nail)...but it is much worse then that. There are so many reasons why this may be the worst Islanders team (there are too many too list). It's indicatvie to the scores of each game. Isles have always had trouble against Boston and Pittsburgh, normally they would lose to the tune of 4-2, 5-3. This season it, 5-0 and 6-0.

In many past seasons it was a lack of talent that crippled them, but I believed they gave a good performance each game and battled hard. This year, there is also a lack of talent...but they look like **** in EVERY aspect of the game.

I haven't been watching the Isles as long as some of you, but to me this is the worst Isles team I have seen. I've never been more disgusted.

I don't feel like watching any more of there games. I definitely don't feel like going to a game....and sadly, it appears like the Islanders team feels the same way.
I was just thinking that myself. I have followed this team passionately since its inception, and I really believe that this is the worst team ever. From having a crappy goalie locked in for years, to an AHL level defense, to not having any lines that play together with any sort of cohesiveness, to a roster full of 3rd and 4th liners playing on the 1st and second lines, and 3rd and 4th liners that should not even be in the NHL, to the complete lack of heart and physical play, to the inability to push other players off the puck and not be pushed off the puck themselves, to seemingly not having any sort of game strategy. Yes, I truly think that we are looking at the worst Islanders team since its first season.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:18 AM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

It's certainly, the least tough with the least effort Isles team I have ever seen. They're making last November enjoyable compared to this year.

BobbyNystromOwnsYou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

this thread is depressing...

the first step to redemption should be a coaching change. someone with, you know, a system...

barry trotz, jacques martin (yeah i know, they're taken), even ken ****ing hitchcock could do better than what's his face with the awesome hair...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
twentytwo

It's getting tough to watch, that's all I can say right now...

twentytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post
I hate to say it, but I let this team affect me way too much...like when we play like this (which is basically every game) I feel like ****, I don't wanna go out, I don't wanna talk to anyone. I hate it. I just wish we could have an owner that cared...this has been embarrassing to say the least.
Dude... don't let them do that to you. That used to be me. Not anymore. And let me tell you, it's a great feeling. Don't let this team get you down. They aren't worth it.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

They don't care... why should we?

I'm being serious here. Why do we give a **** anymore? I personally don't for one reason. Because the owner doesn't care. Most upper management doesn't care. And now, the team on the ice doesn't care. So my question to you guys is... if they don't care (and it's obvious now), why do us fans even give them the time of day anymore? What's the point?

I see posts on here from people who are obviously affected by this team... who let their failures affect their everyday life. I feel bad for those people. I used to be one of those people. I would take every loss personally and it would ruin my night. I look back on those days and I am thankful I am not in that boat any longer. But too many of you still are and I ask why? I get that you are fans. I get it. But if ANY team is NOT worth your anger/frustration, it's THIS team. They simply don't care. Don't waste your time on something that couldn't give a **** about you.

There are TWO guys in this organization that care. Cappy and Tavares. That's it. That's not enough. This team is an absolute embarrassment. I could accept it if they were this bad while at least giving an effort. But even the effort isn't there anymore. And once the effort is gone, so am I. You don't want to play for your fans?... then a big **** off from me to you.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote