HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

#17 - 11/16/11 - Your New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
  #126
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
When you have zero experience behind the bench, like MacLean had, you don't bench a guy that just got awarded a life time contract because he missed a meeting. You bench him for a period or half the game but you don't act like your Scotty Bowman when your name is John MacLean and you have zero background.

It makes the coach look like a fool, it makes the organisation look like idiots, it makes the players scratch their heads when we needed him more then ever at the time and it brings, like you said, negative media attention when we had more then our share of it because of the signing in the 1st place.

The fact that we had to dress 15 or 16 players cause of our cap issues, that was caused by the IK signing, didn't help as well.
Also didn't help that we lost that game 6-1

Still believe that was the tip of the iceberg for the players with MacLean......he tried to send the 'don't **** around with me' message but the players responded with the 'who the **** are you' mentality in an already poor locker room environment

That's neither here nor there, enough about MacLean and the terrible woes of his time here, thats in the past let's focus on where we are right now

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
  #127
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,557
vCash: 500
Surprised more people aren't looking for pitchfork s

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
  #128
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Also didn't help that we lost that game 6-1

Still believe that was the tip of the iceberg for the players with MacLean......he tried to send the 'don't **** around with me' message but the players responded with the 'who the **** are you' mentality in an already poor locker room environment

That's neither here nor there, enough about MacLean and the terrible woes of his time here, thats in the past let's focus on where we are right now
Bingo

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
  #129
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Surprised more people aren't looking for pitchfork s
The afternoon is young yet...

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM
  #130
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Why is everyone always on Tedenbeys case?

I love him. He plays like he's 6'4. He can be flashy at times but I don't think thats a bad thing. He is probably our best player along the boards and throws his body around with complete reckless abandon. He plays hard every shift. I don't have a problem with DeBoer sitting him but I hope he is really trying hard to develop him cause he's a unique player and I love that little *******.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM
  #131
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
Why is everyone always on Tedenbeys case?

I love him. He plays like he's 6'4. He can be flashy at times but I don't think thats a bad thing. He is probably our best player along the boards and throws his body around with complete reckless abandon. He plays hard every shift. I don't have a problem with DeBoer sitting him but I hope he is really trying hard to develop him cause he's a unique player and I love that little *******.
Because he doesn't play all that well when he doesn't have the puck?

We all know what he can bring when he has the puck on his stick or when he's in the offensive zone. Unfortunatly for him, there's 2 other zones in the game of hockey and he hasn't learned, yet, how to play in the neutral zone or his own zone.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
  #132
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie
 
TheUnseenHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
Why is everyone always on Tedenbeys case?

I love him. He plays like he's 6'4. He can be flashy at times but I don't think thats a bad thing. He is probably our best player along the boards and throws his body around with complete reckless abandon. He plays hard every shift. I don't have a problem with DeBoer sitting him but I hope he is really trying hard to develop him cause he's a unique player and I love that little *******.
By everyone, do you mean his coaches, because it would seem most of us love the little bugger.

I honestly think it's for his poor defensive play. Nothing more. Just going to give him a chance to watch some other guys work in the defensive zone.

TheUnseenHand is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:29 PM
  #133
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Because he doesn't play all that well when he doesn't have the puck?

We all know what he can bring when he has the puck on his stick or when he's in the offensive zone. Unfortunatly for him, there's 2 other zones in the game of hockey and he hasn't learned, yet, how to play in the neutral zone or his own zone.
He hasn't been any worse than Palmieri or even Henrique for that matter. Henrique has been the direct result of 2 goals. Everyone is so quick to forgive him. I get that it's part of the growing pains but its for Tedenbey too

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
  #134
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edison
Country: United States
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Enroth is 13-0-1 in the last 14. Allow me to introduce you to kovalchuk big guy.

Lord Ned Stark* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
  #135
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 500
Good to see Tedenby is handling this properly;

Quote:
Devils wing Mattias Tedenby said he was “not really” surprised that he will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game in Buffalo to make room for Ilya Kovalchuk’s return to the lineup.

“I’ve got to be better,” he said. “I think I played pretty good yesterday except the third (period) maybe. Now, I’ll save some energy and when I get the chance again I’ve got to go for it.”

Tedenby said of the idea of DeBoer trying to do something to spark him. “Sometimes you need it to get you going again. I take it as a positive and go forward.”

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
  #136
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
if this was bergfors, he wouldve pouted. glad to see teddy isnt that way. gotta like the positive attitude.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
  #137
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks
 
BrodeursCups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoDak now NYC area
Country: United States
Posts: 29,843
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I honestly don't have a problem with sitting teddy for a game and letting him learn....he was outstanding last nigt in the o-zone, but he must get better without the puck and in the dzone or he'll be in and out of the lineup...

BrodeursCups is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
  #138
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Good to see Tedenby is handling this properly;
“One of them I maybe should have gotten the puck out earlier,” Tedenby said. “Then, we were in the zone for a while. There were a lot of mistakes on the goals, not just me. If we can fix these little mistakes, then we’re going to be hard to play against.”

And he`s damn right, on both accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I honestly don't have a problem with sitting teddy for a game and letting him learn....he was outstanding last nigt in the o-zone, but he must get better without the puck and in the dzone or he'll be in and out of the lineup...



Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
  #139
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
He hasn't been any worse than Palmieri or even Henrique for that matter. Henrique has been the direct result of 2 goals. Everyone is so quick to forgive him. I get that it's part of the growing pains but its for Tedenbey too
Henrique has been solid in all 3 zones all year, so I don't know what your beef with #14 is all about, but I do agree with your that Palmieri has been pretty average. The reason Teddy is getting the shaft tonight is because we have no depth down the middle, so Henrique/Carter/Mills aren't going anywhere and Palmieri scored 2 goals by going hard to the net yesterday, so he wasn't going to get scratched.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
  #140
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
if this was bergfors, he wouldve pouted. glad to see teddy isnt that way. gotta like the positive attitude.
For a guy that plays the game with so much heart, it would've surprised me to hear anything else then what he just said. The kid can be molded into a solid hockey player... but it won't happen overnight.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
  #141
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Surprised more people aren't looking for pitchfork s
DeBoer has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. I trust his moves, especially since a similar move with Henrique paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Good to see Tedenby is handling this properly;
Yep. The kid is coachable, and looks for the lesson and positive in everything. I'm really hoping he watches Gerbe and Ennis tonight and tries to emulate their game.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
  #142
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edison
Country: United States
Posts: 1,906
vCash: 500
Tedenby has more dangles than tennis

Lord Ned Stark* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
  #143
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
DING! DING!
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,643
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
When you have zero experience behind the bench, like MacLean had, you don't bench a guy that just got awarded a life time contract because he missed a meeting. You bench him for a period or half the game but you don't act like your Scotty Bowman when your name is John MacLean and you have zero background.

It makes the coach look like a fool, it makes the organisation look like idiots, it makes the players scratch their heads when we needed him more then ever at the time and it brings, like you said, negative media attention when we had more then our share of it because of the signing in the 1st place.

The fact that we had to dress 15 or 16 players cause of our cap issues, that was caused by the IK signing, didn't help as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Also didn't help that we lost that game 6-1

Still believe that was the tip of the iceberg for the players with MacLean......he tried to send the 'don't **** around with me' message but the players responded with the 'who the **** are you' mentality in an already poor locker room environment

That's neither here nor there, enough about MacLean and the terrible woes of his time here, thats in the past let's focus on where we are right now
I agree with both of yas. (full roster or not)

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
  #144
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
DeBoer has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. I trust his moves, especially since a similar move with Henrique paid off.



Yep. The kid is coachable, and looks for the lesson and positive in everything. I'm really hoping he watches Gerbe and Ennis tonight and tries to emulate their game.
Ennis is out with an ankle injury for a couple more weeks. He's been skating, non contact though. Tedenby can watch Gerbe though.

Stop Winnin is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
  #145
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Ennis is out with an ankle injury for a couple more weeks. He's been skating, non contact though. Tedenby can watch Gerbe though.
Good to know. Not sure how I missed the fact that Ennis is injured.

But I agree, I would love to see the kid emulate Gerbe. He certainly has the skill and motor to do it.

Saugus is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
  #146
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,295
vCash: 500
Marty needs to play as good as Moose did last night. Tonight I think will really tell if Marty has just been having bad luck or if he's struggling.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
  #147
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Good. He's terrible defensively and looks very uninterested in his own zone.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
  #148
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Tedenby has more skill than Gerbe. What I do want him to focus on are Gerbe`s simple decisions with the puck. Whether it`s passing or shooting, offense or defense. Tedenby needs to simplify his game in order to produce.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
  #149
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,575
vCash: 118
A lot of people here in Buffalo are questioning this team's spine and integrity after the Lucic/Miller incident.

I expect Buffalo to come out very physical tonight and try to establish themselves early.

AfroThunder396 is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 01:59 PM
  #150
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!
 
Capt Brycey Poo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
I want the devils to implent their style of play and force sabres to play our game

Capt Brycey Poo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.