HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

#17 - 11/16/11 - Your New Jersey Devils @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
When you have zero experience behind the bench, like MacLean had, you don't bench a guy that just got awarded a life time contract because he missed a meeting. You bench him for a period or half the game but you don't act like your Scotty Bowman when your name is John MacLean and you have zero background.

It makes the coach look like a fool, it makes the organisation look like idiots, it makes the players scratch their heads when we needed him more then ever at the time and it brings, like you said, negative media attention when we had more then our share of it because of the signing in the 1st place.

The fact that we had to dress 15 or 16 players cause of our cap issues, that was caused by the IK signing, didn't help as well.
Also didn't help that we lost that game 6-1

Still believe that was the tip of the iceberg for the players with MacLean......he tried to send the 'don't **** around with me' message but the players responded with the 'who the **** are you' mentality in an already poor locker room environment

That's neither here nor there, enough about MacLean and the terrible woes of his time here, thats in the past let's focus on where we are right now

Old
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
CerebralGenesis

Surprised more people aren't looking for pitchfork s

Old
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

Still believe that was the tip of the iceberg for the players with MacLean......he tried to send the 'don't **** around with me' message but the players responded with the 'who the **** are you' mentality in an already poor locker room environment

That's neither here nor there, enough about MacLean and the terrible woes of his time here, thats in the past let's focus on where we are right now
Bingo

Old
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
The afternoon is young yet...

Old
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Why is everyone always on Tedenbeys case?

I love him. He plays like he's 6'4. He can be flashy at times but I don't think thats a bad thing. He is probably our best player along the boards and throws his body around with complete reckless abandon. He plays hard every shift. I don't have a problem with DeBoer sitting him but I hope he is really trying hard to develop him cause he's a unique player and I love that little *******.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post

I love him. He plays like he's 6'4. He can be flashy at times but I don't think thats a bad thing. He is probably our best player along the boards and throws his body around with complete reckless abandon. He plays hard every shift. I don't have a problem with DeBoer sitting him but I hope he is really trying hard to develop him cause he's a unique player and I love that little *******.
Because he doesn't play all that well when he doesn't have the puck?

We all know what he can bring when he has the puck on his stick or when he's in the offensive zone. Unfortunatly for him, there's 2 other zones in the game of hockey and he hasn't learned, yet, how to play in the neutral zone or his own zone.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:

By everyone, do you mean his coaches, because it would seem most of us love the little bugger.

I honestly think it's for his poor defensive play. Nothing more. Just going to give him a chance to watch some other guys work in the defensive zone.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Because he doesn't play all that well when he doesn't have the puck?

We all know what he can bring when he has the puck on his stick or when he's in the offensive zone. Unfortunatly for him, there's 2 other zones in the game of hockey and he hasn't learned, yet, how to play in the neutral zone or his own zone.
He hasn't been any worse than Palmieri or even Henrique for that matter. Henrique has been the direct result of 2 goals. Everyone is so quick to forgive him. I get that it's part of the growing pains but its for Tedenbey too

Old
11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Enroth is 13-0-1 in the last 14. Allow me to introduce you to kovalchuk big guy.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Good to see Tedenby is handling this properly;

Quote:
Devils wing Mattias Tedenby said he was “not really” surprised that he will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game in Buffalo to make room for Ilya Kovalchuk’s return to the lineup.

“I’ve got to be better,” he said. “I think I played pretty good yesterday except the third (period) maybe. Now, I’ll save some energy and when I get the chance again I’ve got to go for it.”

Tedenby said of the idea of DeBoer trying to do something to spark him. “Sometimes you need it to get you going again. I take it as a positive and go forward.”

Old
11-16-2011, 12:40 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
if this was bergfors, he wouldve pouted. glad to see teddy isnt that way. gotta like the positive attitude.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I honestly don't have a problem with sitting teddy for a game and letting him learn....he was outstanding last nigt in the o-zone, but he must get better without the puck and in the dzone or he'll be in and out of the lineup...

Old
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
“One of them I maybe should have gotten the puck out earlier,” Tedenby said. “Then, we were in the zone for a while. There were a lot of mistakes on the goals, not just me. If we can fix these little mistakes, then we’re going to be hard to play against.”

And he`s damn right, on both accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I honestly don't have a problem with sitting teddy for a game and letting him learn....he was outstanding last nigt in the o-zone, but he must get better without the puck and in the dzone or he'll be in and out of the lineup...

Old
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
He hasn't been any worse than Palmieri or even Henrique for that matter. Henrique has been the direct result of 2 goals. Everyone is so quick to forgive him. I get that it's part of the growing pains but its for Tedenbey too
Henrique has been solid in all 3 zones all year, so I don't know what your beef with #14 is all about, but I do agree with your that Palmieri has been pretty average. The reason Teddy is getting the shaft tonight is because we have no depth down the middle, so Henrique/Carter/Mills aren't going anywhere and Palmieri scored 2 goals by going hard to the net yesterday, so he wasn't going to get scratched.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
if this was bergfors, he wouldve pouted. glad to see teddy isnt that way. gotta like the positive attitude.
For a guy that plays the game with so much heart, it would've surprised me to hear anything else then what he just said. The kid can be molded into a solid hockey player... but it won't happen overnight.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
DeBoer has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. I trust his moves, especially since a similar move with Henrique paid off.

Quote:
Yep. The kid is coachable, and looks for the lesson and positive in everything. I'm really hoping he watches Gerbe and Ennis tonight and tries to emulate their game.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Tedenby has more dangles than tennis

Old
11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Richer's Ghost
DING! DING!

vCash: 425
Quote:
When you have zero experience behind the bench, like MacLean had, you don't bench a guy that just got awarded a life time contract because he missed a meeting. You bench him for a period or half the game but you don't act like your Scotty Bowman when your name is John MacLean and you have zero background.

It makes the coach look like a fool, it makes the organisation look like idiots, it makes the players scratch their heads when we needed him more then ever at the time and it brings, like you said, negative media attention when we had more then our share of it because of the signing in the 1st place.

The fact that we had to dress 15 or 16 players cause of our cap issues, that was caused by the IK signing, didn't help as well.
Quote:

I agree with both of yas. (full roster or not)

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
DeBoer has earned the benefit of the doubt with his performance so far. I trust his moves, especially since a similar move with Henrique paid off.

Yep. The kid is coachable, and looks for the lesson and positive in everything. I'm really hoping he watches Gerbe and Ennis tonight and tries to emulate their game.
Ennis is out with an ankle injury for a couple more weeks. He's been skating, non contact though. Tedenby can watch Gerbe though.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Ennis is out with an ankle injury for a couple more weeks. He's been skating, non contact though. Tedenby can watch Gerbe though.
Good to know. Not sure how I missed the fact that Ennis is injured.

But I agree, I would love to see the kid emulate Gerbe. He certainly has the skill and motor to do it.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Marty needs to play as good as Moose did last night. Tonight I think will really tell if Marty has just been having bad luck or if he's struggling.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Good. He's terrible defensively and looks very uninterested in his own zone.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Tedenby has more skill than Gerbe. What I do want him to focus on are Gerbe`s simple decisions with the puck. Whether it`s passing or shooting, offense or defense. Tedenby needs to simplify his game in order to produce.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
A lot of people here in Buffalo are questioning this team's spine and integrity after the Lucic/Miller incident.

I expect Buffalo to come out very physical tonight and try to establish themselves early.

Old
11-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

I want the devils to implent their style of play and force sabres to play our game

Closed Thread