HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trouble in Bingo

Old
11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
The Murrays have totally ignored out player development and left bingo out to dry. They have pillaged our prospect pool ala' Muckler. lol.
They signed Lee Sweatt who bailed randomly and the #1 C has been out for a month. They didn't have much of a choice but to let a bunch of those guys from last year move on.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

What I saw their games IMO the higher problem is defense. For example in the game against Norfolk forwards had to take a puck to his defensive zone what Admirals used. The next, sorry but some players can play the first or the second line ECHL but not the second or third line AHL. Even Spezza would not do anything with it.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:57 AM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

The entire veteran leadership of the team left for Europe or the NHL (either with the Senators or other teams), and it's hard to blame them because they are making way more money now.

Bingo isn't Hershey, they can't afford to give out NHL salaries to AHL stars themselves to supplement the prospects that the parent NHL team gives them to develop.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:01 AM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail2012 View Post
Exactly, they tried to bring in Sweatt to off-set the loss of All-Stars Andre Benoit and Derek Smith (good for Smith for getting a shot in Calgary). Letting Benoit go to the KHL so easily was a mistake. Either way, Tim Murray didn't do enough once Sweatt made his decision to retire. He obviously saw a need for another puck-mover, but didn't seem to care after Lee made his decision.

Wiercioch is left to try and figure out how to be a professional PP QB on his own. He is the man they want over there in Bingo, no doubt about that, but get the kid some help for Christ sakes.

I'm so pissed about this.
Yeah, me too. It's silly, it's not hard to remedy a situation like this. You can make it hard for yourself by thinking Godfrey is the answer to the question, but Tim needs to wake up and get busy scouting. Find a guy like Cory Murphy (although, not him, he's apparently signed in Europe) and get some offense from the backend.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:08 AM
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
The Murrays have totally ignored out player development and left bingo out to dry. They have pillaged our prospect pool ala' Muckler. lol.
I love how you refer to players graduating to the NHL as 'pilaging our prospect pool'.

Literally zero prospects have been traded, they have all moved on to bigger challenges either with us or other teams.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:18 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
My hope is that once Carkner comes back off IR, Rundblad gets sent down to fill Bingo's defensive void and play top-pairing minutes, and Locke comes back off IR to boost Bingo's offence.

11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
My hope is that once Carkner comes back off IR, Rundblad gets sent down to fill Bingo's defensive void and play top-pairing minutes, and Locke comes back off IR to boost Bingo's offence.
After reading all this it sounds risky to send Rundblad and Da Costa down into this "toxic enviroment".

This thread has really got me worried.

Lehner, Filatov, and Petersson, our 3 best prospects, seem unhappy, and there mental state seems troubled. This is bad!!!

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Sens Mile

This seems more like a Agent influence issue than Filatov himself

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
After reading all this it sounds risky to send Rundblad and Da Costa down into this "toxic enviroment".

This thread has really got me worried.

Lehner, Filatov, and Petersson, our 3 best prospects, seem unhappy, and there mental state seems troubled. This is bad!!!
I think the problem is that the team is slumping badly. If Da Costa or Daugavins or Rundblad is going to step in and help the team get out of the rut, that's a good thing for the development of all the players. I agree though that it does seem like a bit of a risk.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Lenny the Lynx

This seems like a lot of overreaction. Up until yesterday nobody had ever mentioned Bingo being a 'toxic environment'.

KK said something about that but he is obviously pretty frustrated about the losing streak. But now everyone is acting like it's always been that way.

This is a young team, which is a result of the success of last years team allowing so many players to better themselves. People need to chill out a bit though.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Seriously. I can guarantee Tim Murray hasn't stop talking on the phone all day today.

Who knows, maybe he has been trying this whole time? It just came to a head now, so expect something. David Hale even, I don't know. Paul Mara, Nic Boynton. Give them a damn veteran or two. Then work on getting Weircioch some guidance on the PP.

Anyway, I'm sure Tim Murray has tried, so throwing out names, that probably wouldn't even accept a deal for Bingo, is fruitless.

I'm just pissed. All KK does is make NHL players, and if he is frustrated, it is waaaaayy worse than we think IMO.
KK is an amazing coach, but he needs to calm down and discuss this internally with his staff and get this team back on track pronto.

EDIT: Although I fully support getting a PP QB - like....today.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Seriously. I can guarantee Tim Murray hasn't stop talking on the phone all day today.

Who knows, maybe he has been trying this whole time? It just came to a head now, so expect something. David Hale even, I don't know. Paul Mara, Nic Boynton. Give them a damn veteran or two. Then work on getting Weircioch some guidance on the PP.

Anyway, I'm sure Tim Murray has tried, so throwing out names, that probably wouldn't even accept a deal for Bingo, is fruitless.

I'm just pissed. All KK does is make NHL players, and if he is frustrated, it is waaaaayy worse than we think IMO.
Isn't Rivet down in Elmira? Might want to give him a call and see if he is interested.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
True Story

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old
11-16-2011, 11:53 AM
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
I'd a) see if Rivet is interested in playing or b) shop Lee or Carkner for a top AHL DMan and a late pick. Sort of a watered down version of Campoli for Potulny + 2nd.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:57 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Holy ****. Of course he is. I totally forgot. Get that NHL captain in Bingo now. Right now. Now.

EDIT: Why isn't he here already? Serious question. Strange. Maybe this is all new and coming out now. If that is the case, KK may have jumped the gun...unlike what my post under this says.
He's on an ECHL contract, not an AHL contract, which is why he's not in Bingo.

Old
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
He's on an ECHL contract, not an AHL contract, which is why he's not in Bingo.
I know he's playing there because it is only an hour 1/2 from his home in Buffalo.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:07 PM
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
True Story

Old
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
I know he's playing there because it is only an hour 1/2 from his home in Buffalo.
Yup, although Bingo is maybe another 10 minutes down the road so it's not a huge inconvenience for him (just guessing time based on google maps).

Old
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I don't think there is a need to do anything just yet & this is why.

First - Lehner has to start playing like "playoff Lehner" & not like "I"m too good for the AHL Lehner". After watching him on Sunday he still needs work handling the puck & needs to play with more urgency & less casually. He also goes down way too quickly sometimes before the puck is even shot like the first goal he let in that went in over his left shoulder.

Second - when Carkner returns Rundblad should be sent down to Bingo until Ottawa has rid itself of a defenceman which could be Kuba or Lee. Rundblad may have to wait until the trade deadline, he would have been sent down sooner if there wasn't a thread of him returning to Sweden. He needs more development time & confidence & Bingo could use his skill, it would be good for both sides IMO.

Third - I think Da Costa will also be sent to Bingo once Regin returns. I would even consider it when Neil returns & have one of Foligno or Greening tried at centre. While Da Costa does show glimpses of some good playmaking he does need to play better without the puck, defensively & he needs to get a little stronger. It wouldn't hurt him to develop his game a little more too in the AHL.

Fourth - I would think that once Regin returns that Daugavins could also find himself back in Bingo for awhile until maybe the trade deadline where Konopka or Winchester or both could be traded for their face off abilities for the playoffs.

Fifth - Bingo will get better as the young guys should improve. On defence Boroweicki, Weircioch & Gryba need to take more of a leadership role on this team & play better especially Weircioch where much more is expected from him. At forward Filatov, Petersson & a number of other players need to grow up & start playing better & scoring. Locke should help improve the team when he gets back but the insertion of Da Costa, Rundblad & Daugavins should also help.

The only question is will it be in time to save the season & after the deadline when players start getting called up will that also hurt Bingo's chances of getting into the playoffs again? I hope that Bingo can turn things around soon but at the same time I also want some of those guys to play themselves onto the big club. Let's hope for the best for both organizations.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote