HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trouble in Bingo

Old
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
It's a good investment as long as you find a player that makes a difference. It's still a tough evaluation to make.

When Regin comes back things could get interesting with Da Costa.

Adding Da Costa and Locke down there eventually, plus a throw in AHL vet in a deal could make a pretty big difference.
how about dacosta, locke and rundblad?

more trophy?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Let's not forget that Daugavins, Locke, Grant, Conboy and a few others were/are not here actually and can't help the team.

They don't have the same depht and experience they had last year. Give it a lot more time, they'll work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I thought Benoit left for a much bigger payday?

For me personally, it's not about Sweatt, it's about Tim Murray not replacing him when he 'retired' or whatever.
But who was available? Yep, the Godfreys, the Raymonds, the Heshkas,... They tried to replace Sweatt but just nothing of the same quality was available...

Sweatt retired on August 12th... very late in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Exactly my point, should have never let him go..
If you're my boss and someone offers me 5x the salary you're giving me for doing relatively the same job, I'll say bye bye boss without even thinking, and I'm really not someone for who money is the most important thing in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I could but that would be foolish and fruitless..I'm just asking how you justified that "..Tim Murray did his best,.."

I'm not trying to be an arse but we need help down here and it seems like KK is taking matters into his own hands vs the other way around..
The only way they can improve Bingo is via a trade or a demotion (Daugavins, Da Costa, Rundblad) and I'm sorry but it's Ottawa first and it's not the best timing to trade. Maybe around christmas. I think you guys can breathe a bit about being the last team to win the Calder Cup, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Potulny is a guy that was thrown into an NHL trade, getting a 2nd round pick for Campoli was likely good enough, getting Potulny was icing on the cake IMO. Now it's time to use some of the money that was freed up from the mass exodus and sprinkle some guys who want to take another shot at making the NHL - I'd say 1 puck-mover and a 1 seasoned fringe NHLer/AHLer who can pump some goals in, play 3rd line, move up if there are injuries etc. Otherwise, guys like Hoffman, Wiercioch, O'Brien, Gryba, Boro etc. are all in an environment 'that isn't good for young players' as KK said.
lol, tell that to Melnyk. He has to cut his losses in a rebuilding season, simple as that.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote