HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do Avs affect your mood??

Old
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Mules
Ouch!

vCash: 500
Do Avs affect your mood??

Well, after tonight's game I have a bad migraine. I was elated after first period, and then to my surprise ( or not) Avs blow out in the third period.

I am trying to be calm and telling myself: this is only a game. But my head wouldn't agree to it.

So, how does Avs affect your mood?

I was reading another poster's tagline that said:
"Cap floor budget means cap floor result" Can't agree more.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

100% the Avs affect my mood. What ever happen in their game will affect how I feel for the rest of the day.
No matter how many times I tell myself its only one game, I have a hard time not letting a loss affect my mood. But when the Avs win I will be in the best mood, no matter what else have happened to me during that day.

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:50 AM
The Shermanator
Tank Commander

vCash: 137
If I dedicate a night to watching a full Avs game and they lose I am extremely upset until the next morning. I remember they lost to Edmonton last year in the last minute and I slammed a door.

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:51 AM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Well, after tonight's game I have a bad migraine. I was elated after first period, and then to my surprise ( or not) Avs blow out in the third period.

I am trying to be calm and telling myself: this is only a game. But my head wouldn't agree to it.

So, how does Avs affect your mood?

I was reading another poster's tagline that said:
"Cap floor budget means cap floor result" Can't agree more.
It makes me even more mad when I look at http://www.capgeek.com/ and see that Nashville is the next lowest behind us, but they are a good team that will probably make the playoffs.

AvsWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

When I was a kid yeah...same with the Broncos. I remember being so upset after a Broncos loss I had to miss school because I was just physically and mentally Ill.

But I've grown up and come to realize that while yes it does suck to lose its just a game...One that I'm not even playing in.

Colorado Sports Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:01 AM
bigdaddydroc

Im actually pretty certain that after tonight I know what it feels like to be rapid cycle bipolar......

No digg against people with mental disorders but I clearly had mania for the first period and a bit, followed by coming down to normal levels for most of the second followed by flat out clinical depression in the third.

bigdaddydroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Mouse21*

not anymore. a couple years ago? sure. now, i just expect a loss. why would you not at this point?

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Elever
Hth

I was in a pretty pessimistic mood going in mixed with the optimism that things will get better once Sacco gets fired and some young guys start coming through so I just shrug off the losses. As long as Duchene and O'Reilly score for my fantasy team, I don't really care (I traded away Jones earlier, got Leddy back for him).

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Yah I get so panda sad face

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:11 AM
shadow1

The only time I feel any emotions is in the playoffs, when I'm on the edge of my seat. In the regular season I simply have my opinions on the direction in which the team is going.

Losing in fantasy football, on the other hand...

shadow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Zaphod

I am beginning to see a downside to emotional investment to this club, yes. I don't need encouragement like this, no sir.

The Avs shall rise again?

Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1746
Win or lose, it affects me for about 30 seconds.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Congo Jack
I'm pro pain.

It makes me a saaad panda to see them lose.

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:25 AM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

i start vomiting burgundy ...oh no it blood OMG ill be back after next 3 losses, Min,Dal,SJ

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:31 AM
avsman

It pisses me off to watch sacco behind the bench

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:36 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Yep, all my sports team affect my mood.

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
I'm starting to realize just how bad Toronto fans have had it for the past two years. In the past two Avalanche death spirals, the pain only lasted a few brief weeks during which you thought the Avs actually had a chance but were stinking up the joint left and right. After that, you pretty much knew the Avs would suck, so it became comical and you could start dreaming about which star prospect we'd end up with to take the pain away.

Without the joy of a lottery pick though, there's just nothing but alcohol to take the pain away. And in the battle between my Avs fandom and my liver, I think I'll keep my liver.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:48 AM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

This season is really stressful imo because we can't tank so im hoping for at least a finish in the 8-10 range. Also the team shows flashes of brilliance one game then ***** the bed next, there is no consistency which is tough for any fan.

HF007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
I'm starting to realize just how bad Toronto fans have had it for the past two years. In the past two Avalanche death spirals, the pain only lasted a few brief weeks during which you thought the Avs actually had a chance but were stinking up the joint left and right. After that, you pretty much knew the Avs would suck, so it became comical and you could start dreaming about which star prospect we'd end up with to take the pain away.
Without the joy of a lottery pick though, there's just nothing but alcohol to take the pain away. And in the battle between my Avs fandom and my liver, I think I'll keep my liver.
Yup. We should never, ever make fun of Toronto fans again. And I think Sherman will not be the GM after this season. He already traded our 1st, 2nd round pick AND I think he would trade one of our youngsters to save his job at the end of season. I never trust his trades, Stewart/ Shattenkirk OR Varlamov trade.

Imagine that after this season, we may lose Varlamov ( does he really want to stay in stinkin' team like this?), top lottery picks and probably either Stastny or Jones. And we will still have Sherman grinning ( because Lacroix will not fire any GM in the middle of the season). Oh.. it makes my migraine even worse.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 04:02 AM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

I may or may not cry.

I don't mind losses as long as we play well but if we play like crap and lose that is when I get pissed off. But if we play like crap and win than I am just as happy as if we play well and win.

BrickAHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:27 AM
AvsFan7*

Yea it definitly effects my mood. When I watch one of there games and see them lose, Im pretty pissed off after it, but usually right after there games I go to sleep because for ex. last nights games finished at 11:25 for me, and that was an early game, so I usually go to sleep right after one of there games and when I wake up and am in a better mood! But for games that I dont watch and I wake up in the morning and check the scores and they lost, then im usually in a bad mood for a couple hours after!

I would say im pretty close to a die hard fan if not already, so im attached to the team. However if they win a game, Ill be in a great mood right up untill they play there next game! One of my best moods iv been in, in a while was when they beat the Isles last week, I went to sleep when they were down 3-0 in the 2nd, the next morning I woke up excpecting to see a 4-1 or 4-1 loss and instead I saw a 4-3 ot win and I was pretty jacked haha!!!

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Absolutely they affect. I still find myself during classes etc. cursing at drafting that #92.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Bubba Thudd
#NoNotUs

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Yup. We should never, ever make fun of Toronto fans again. And I think Sherman will not be the GM after this season. He already traded our 1st, 2nd round pick AND I think he would trade one of our youngsters to save his job at the end of season. I never trust his trades, Stewart/ Shattenkirk OR Varlamov trade.

Imagine that after this season, we may lose Varlamov ( does he really want to stay in stinkin' team like this?), top lottery picks and probably either Stastny or Jones. And we will still have Sherman grinning ( because Lacroix will not fire any GM in the middle of the season). Oh.. it makes my migraine even worse.
That's exactly what I was thinking last night, and posted in the Varly thread this morning.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

During the game itself, sure. But afterwards, it's just a game.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:59 AM
bigdaddydroc

Im actually pretty certain that after tonight I know what it feels like to be rapid cycle bipolar......

No digg against people with mental disorders but I clearly had mania for the first period and a bit, followed by coming down to normal levels for most of the second followed by flat out clinical depression in the third.

bigdaddydroc is online now   Reply With Quote