HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger: leafs offered a 2nd and player

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
  #151
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
we desperately need size in the forward department and omark is going in the completely opposite different direction and he ain't a parise that can be a 5'11 - 5'10 and knock people on their *****.

If we are to deal franson it should be for a top 3 player while adding some pieces.
We do need size in the top 6, But you know what we also need? Skill.

We need players who have good offensive instincts and puck skill. Some thing out side of Kessel, Connolly and Kadri we don't have a lot of, That's why PP looks as terrible as it does most times. Just look down the road at Ennis and Gerbe. I for one place a higher value on talent then whether or not their height begins with a 6.


Even if Omark became a depth scorer(which woudl be very useful to us) and got a 2nd with it, That would be a good return for a guy who's a healthy scratch most nights.


Last edited by Rare Jewel: 11-16-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
  #152
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YearsintheWilderness View Post
Franson offended the tender sensibilities of Burke and Wilson and their ever changing, self-serving little honour code, and now Franson is on the block.

The question is, do you feel sorry for Franson, or do you think it is the best thing that could happen to him?

When did Franson offend Burke and Wilson?

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:24 PM
  #153
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,620
vCash: 500
So a guy that has troubles making the Oilers, is supposed to help the Leafs?

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:25 PM
  #154
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
We do need size in the top 6, But you know what we also need? Skill.

We need players who have good offensive instincts and puck skill. Some thing out side of Kessel, Connolly and Kadri we don't have a lot of, That's why PP looks as terrible as it does most times. Just look down the road at Ennis and Gerbe. I for one place a higher value on talent then whether or not their height begins with a 6.


Even if Omark became a depth scorer(which woudl be very useful to us) and got a 2nd with it, That would be a good return for a guy who's a healthy scratch most nights.
ROFL. skill? the guy couldn't crack the oilers line up and you're talking about skill?

the guy will get sent down to the AHL and fly to europe if burke trades for him.

Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
KGM
Lombardi - Bozak - Armstrong

who the hell are you taking off the top 9 to fit in omark? jesus christ

the leafs aren't even fitting in colborne and kadri and you want to trade for another player that you think would take their spot?

stop basing your opinions on his shoot out highlights from sportscentre.

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
  #155
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YearsintheWilderness View Post
Franson offended the tender sensibilities of Burke and Wilson and their ever changing, self-serving little honour code, and now Franson is on the block.

The question is, do you feel sorry for Franson, or do you think it is the best thing that could happen to him?

I thought that another team wanted to trade for Franson and the Leafs said no.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:05 AM
  #156
Azumi*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YearsintheWilderness View Post
Franson offended the tender sensibilities of Burke and Wilson and their ever changing, self-serving little honour code, and now Franson is on the block.

The question is, do you feel sorry for Franson, or do you think it is the best thing that could happen to him?

Best thing to happen to him, in my opinion.

Putting aside his little quip about his playing time (And his inadvertent mockery of Wilson's communication, or lack-there-of with his players) Franson is setup for failure on this team.

A guy like him would be exposed and crumble under our defensive system (Or again, lack-there of).

I mean, our system makes competent defensive players look like garbage most nights, Franson, who isn't exactly a dream in his own end will look brutal.

Add on to our PP being meh, and most nights he'll be ineffective or look horrible.

He needs to go to a team with a strong track-record of developing talent. We aren't that team, obviously.

Azumi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:26 AM
  #157
bozaksniffles*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Is this where we suggest players that might be making up the rumor using mostly random speculation and then argue about our choices with each other?

bozaksniffles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:45 AM
  #158
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,548
vCash: 500
You guys are over valuing Franson, the guy isn't even playing and your defense has not been that good. Amazing how a good goalie can cover up a bad defense, just ask Edm.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:03 AM
  #159
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
So a guy that has troubles making the Oilers, is supposed to help the Leafs?
Yes because Franson is doing so much better?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:05 AM
  #160
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys are over valuing Franson, the guy isn't even playing and your defense has not been that good. Amazing how a good goalie can cover up a bad defense, just ask Edm.
Gustavsson is considered "good"?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
  #161
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
speculation on my part but we do have 3 top 9 forwards out maybe the Leafs are interested in Gagner from the Oilers.

More would have to go back but that could be the basis of the deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:10 AM
  #162
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys are over valuing Franson, the guy isn't even playing and your defense has not been that good. Amazing how a good goalie can cover up a bad defense, just ask Edm.
I assume you are talking about Reimer? and if so he's hurt and the team hasn't had a good goalie since

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:08 AM
  #163
Swervin81
Kadri ❤ Komarov
 
Swervin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
JML is an offensive d-man, yet he's done better than we expected in his own end under our system. Why shouldn't we give Franson that opportunity? From a developmental standpoint, Gards is better off getting big minutes in the AHL and developing his defensive game there. The only reason he was up is because he was great in the preseason, and being great in the preseason doesn't always translate to regular season success (see: Viktor Stalberg). Franson should be given games to get in a roll.

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:35 AM
  #164
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
JML is an offensive d-man, yet he's done better than we expected in his own end under our system. Why shouldn't we give Franson that opportunity? From a developmental standpoint, Gards is better off getting big minutes in the AHL and developing his defensive game there. The only reason he was up is because he was great in the preseason, and being great in the preseason doesn't always translate to regular season success (see: Viktor Stalberg). Franson should be given games to get in a roll.
Well so far he's been great in the regular season.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:43 AM
  #165
pjfanman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Saw this on twitter...not sure of her reputation:

TreenasOil Tracy
Oilers Leaf talks getting serious, Leafs want Gagner + Pitlick and a 2nd rd draft pick for Franson.

pjfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:09 AM
  #166
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,713
vCash: 500
Hope we keep him. He'll be a huge part of our success once given the opportunity.

The guy WANTS to play here and wants to contribute. I don't see us getting anything of "value" for us anyway.

He screwed up once... so people like to give him a bad rap about defensive play... in reality he's fine defensively.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
  #167
81snipe
#44
 
81snipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Saw this on twitter...not sure of her reputation:

TreenasOil Tracy
Oilers Leaf talks getting serious, Leafs want Gagner + Pitlick and a 2nd rd draft pick for Franson.
Hard to believe, but if theirs any truth to it, I would take it lol.

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:13 AM
  #168
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
JML is an offensive d-man, yet he's done better than we expected in his own end under our system. Why shouldn't we give Franson that opportunity? From a developmental standpoint, Gards is better off getting big minutes in the AHL and developing his defensive game there. The only reason he was up is because he was great in the preseason, and being great in the preseason doesn't always translate to regular season success (see: Viktor Stalberg). Franson should be given games to get in a roll.
I did see Stalberg last night. Toews, Hossa and Stalberg, boy that line flies.

Gardiner has been fine, looked a little tired the other night as mooseOAK pointed out, but how many more minutes a night could he get in the AHL? He's averaging 19 in the NHL.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
  #169
Dayjobdave
Registered User
 
Dayjobdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaksniffles View Post
Is this where we suggest players that might be making up the rumor using mostly random speculation and then argue about our choices with each other?
Pretty much

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
  #170
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
So a guy that has troubles making the Oilers, is supposed to help the Leafs?
Well if you read these boards -- Scott Gomez who hasn't scored since February -- 39 Games -- is the answer to our need for a number one center with size...

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
  #171
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfanman View Post
Saw this on twitter...not sure of her reputation:

TreenasOil Tracy
Oilers Leaf talks getting serious, Leafs want Gagner + Pitlick and a 2nd rd draft pick for Franson.
Hahahhaha that would be halrious burkie do it!!!!!

Lebda + Slaney- Gagner, Pitlick, 2nd, Lombardi

Funny moment aside, I call b.s. This is almost as bad as the gomez rumour.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:54 AM
  #172
RomanianLeafs
Registered User
 
RomanianLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 2,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Hahahhaha that would be halrious burkie do it!!!!!

Lebda + Slaney- Gagner, Pitlick, 2nd, Lombardi

Funny moment aside, I call b.s. This is almost as bad as the gomez rumour.
if burke obtains a 2nd and pitlick for franson i would be in shock, adding gagner to this means this is a bs rumour..

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
  #173
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling
 
Morguee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
if burke obtains a 2nd and pitlick for franson i would be in shock, adding gagner to this means this is a bs rumour..
Although i doubt it may be it is Burke trying his Jedi mind tricks. Ask for the world then "settle" for Pitlick and a 2nd...I would be quite happy.

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
  #174
hockeyfanz
Registered User
 
hockeyfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
if burke obtains a 2nd and pitlick for franson i would be in shock, adding gagner to this means this is a bs rumour..
Perhaps its more than just Franson going the other way...How could the Leafs fit Gagner into their lineup? Wouldn't adding Gagner to the roster spill them over the cap as well? So no cap space and no roster space = no Gagner unless a forward is moving as well.

Note: Gagner earns 2.275M per season. Franson earns 800K.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
  #175
Neeraj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
As per twitter... How much faith you guys have in this guy?

@***************
Incarcerated Bob @PatC80 I said the Leafs where working on getting a big "SUPERSTAR" front line player and it would take 3-4 weeks (We are in week 2)

Neeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.