HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Dreger: leafs offered a 2nd and player

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
  #176
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
As per twitter... How much faith you guys have in this guy?

@***************
Incarcerated Bob @PatC80 I said the Leafs where working on getting a big "SUPERSTAR" front line player and it would take 3-4 weeks (We are in week 2)
Absoluetly no faith.

Loosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:22 AM
  #177
Woll Smoth
Registered User
 
Woll Smoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
As per twitter... How much faith you guys have in this guy?

@***************
Incarcerated Bob @PatC80 I said the Leafs where working on getting a big "SUPERSTAR" front line player and it would take 3-4 weeks (We are in week 2)
How exactly does this clown know how long it'll take to get a big trade complete?

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
  #178
Neeraj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
I dont know... but I see him callings things ALL the time for all of the major sports.

It definitely sounds like he has some good sources.

This is what he said a couple of days ago...

Incarcerated Bob: @NeilChopra Burke has two deals on the table - One for Franson alone & the other involves Franson & Kadri in a package (Burke in no hurry)

Neeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
  #179
Roboholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post
How exactly does this clown know how long it'll take to get a big trade complete?
It's like baking

1 part Franson
1 part 2nd round pick
Add losing streak
Top with Brian Burke claiming we're not looking to make a trade

Bake at 350 Degrees and wait for 3 to 4 weeks

Roboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
  #180
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
As per twitter... How much faith you guys have in this guy?

@***************
Incarcerated Bob @PatC80 I said the Leafs where working on getting a big "SUPERSTAR" front line player and it would take 3-4 weeks (We are in week 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Absoluetly no faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post
How exactly does this clown know how long it'll take to get a big trade complete?
*************** has been proven to be an unreliable source here on HF in the past, and should be considered one going forward.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:35 AM
  #181
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You guys are over valuing Franson, the guy isn't even playing and your defense has not been that good. Amazing how a good goalie can cover up a bad defense, just ask Edm.
our defensemen are good, our defensive system is ****.

With Schenn being the only one who as really struggling, there was no room for Franson

glucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:35 AM
  #182
Neeraj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
well alrighty then... Mess has spoken

Neeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
  #183
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Yes because Franson is doing so much better?
Where does he play? there's no room, not to mention we have Kadri and Colborne already waiting in the minors. With Franson, if one of our D gets injured, he'll do fine filling in.

I am aware that he hasn't been playing great, but he has proven that he can play in the past.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:37 AM
  #184
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glucker View Post
our defensemen are good, our defensive system is ****.

With Schenn being the only one who as really struggling, there was no room for Franson
I'm amazed at how many people really miss this point.

We have a glut of good defensemen who are specialized at playing a particular style/type of D. RW doesn't know **** about implementing an effective defensive system that fits to his players.

For example, from what I've seen, Franson's weakness is reading/anticipating the play. Whereas his strength is his shot, and offensive instincts. You need to shelter these kind of players a bit, especially when they're young. With a little more experience, he definitely should develop a sound defensive game to go along.

However, in the games we've seen him play, he's been thrown in there with direct defensive responsibilities, asking him to do things that he isn't really accustomed to - in Nashville, he was mainly used in the offensive zone, with very limited defensive responsibilities. And what do you get as a result? A struggling young offensive defenseman, sitting in the presser wondering why he's getting punished for crap he isn't used to.

Franson has alot of potential, and he needs more time in the lineup to utilize all of it. He can easily be a good offensive #4. No wonder Burke isn't keen to ship him off for a 2nd.

It's almost like RW has a one glove fit all system, where you either sink or swim. I think a proof of this could be seen in the Beauchemin trade. He didn't do that well in our system, but has been rock with Anahiem.

Our problem in the back end is not the players, its the coach.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
  #185
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorobert View Post
It's like baking

1 part Franson
1 part 2nd round pick
Add losing streak
Top with Brian Burke claiming we're not looking to make a trade

Bake at 350 Degrees and wait for 3 to 4 weeks
You forgot to add:

Carolina is losing so Staal will be traded (optional)
Columbus is losing so Nash will be traded (optional)
Anaheim is losing so Ryan will be traded (optional)

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
  #186
HockeyNightInBelfast
HockeyNightInBelfast
 
HockeyNightInBelfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Belfast
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorobert View Post
It's like baking

1 part Franson
1 part 2nd round pick
Add losing streak
Top with Brian Burke claiming we're not looking to make a trade

Bake at 350 Degrees and wait for 3 to 4 weeks

Love this, well done haha

HockeyNightInBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
  #187
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
I'm amazed at how many people really miss this point.

We have a glut of good defensemen who are specialized at playing a particular style/type of D. RW doesn't know **** about implementing an effective defensive system that fits to his players.

For example, from what I've seen, Franson's weakness is reading/anticipating the play. Whereas his strength is his shot, and offensive instincts. You need to shelter these kind of players a bit, especially when they're young. With a little more experience, he definitely should develop a sound defensive game to go along.

However, in the games we've seen him play, he's been thrown in there with direct defensive responsibilities, asking him to do things that he isn't really accustomed to - in Nashville, he was mainly used in the offensive zone, with very limited defensive responsibilities. And what do you get as a result? A struggling young offensive defenseman, sitting in the presser wondering why he's getting punished for crap he isn't used to.

Franson has alot of potential, and he needs more time in the lineup to utilize all of it. He can easily be a good offensive #4. No wonder Burke isn't keen to ship him off for a 2nd.

It's almost like RW has a one glove fit all system, where you either sink or swim. I think a proof of this could be seen in the Beauchemin trade. He didn't do that well in our system, but has been rock with Anahiem.

Our problem in the back end is not the players, its the coach.
The bottom line is you are right. Wilson is the most inept GENERAL of a coach I have ever seen. If you can not take the players that we have on D and even create a top 15 PK there is a big problem. I agree 100% it is the style of hockey being rammed down their throat by the Arrogant Ronnie Wilson (whom NHL players voted as the Coach they would least like to play for).

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM
  #188
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,492
vCash: 950
It's funny how every year you hear these type of rumors as soon as the team starts to struggle . IMO there just spread to deflect attention away from the team while there struggling .

When Burke actually makes a deal you almost never hear anything about it before it's done .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
  #189
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
*************** has been proven to be an unreliable source here on HF in the past, and should be considered one going forward.
In terms of a non-official source (read: not a TSN or Sportsnet employee) hes probably better then anyone else.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
  #190
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke
 
Nazem Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francais-land
Country: France
Posts: 10,050
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Incarcerated Bob is ****, he said that Kadri asked for a trade and Naz personally shot that down on his twitter.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
  #191
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
It's funny how every year you hear these type of rumors as soon as the team starts to struggle . IMO there just spread to deflect attention away from the team while there struggling .

When Burke actually makes a deal you almost never hear anything about it before it's done .
Yeah that must be it, never heard a thing about Burke wanting to move Kaberle and Versteeg before it happened. It was all about diverting attention.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:17 AM
  #192
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
We do need size in the top 6, But you know what we also need? Skill.

We need players who have good offensive instincts and puck skill. Some thing out side of Kessel, Connolly and Kadri we don't have a lot of, That's why PP looks as terrible as it does most times. Just look down the road at Ennis and Gerbe. I for one place a higher value on talent then whether or not their height begins with a 6.


Even if Omark became a depth scorer(which woudl be very useful to us) and got a 2nd with it, That would be a good return for a guy who's a healthy scratch most nights.
Hence I mentioned a top 3 forward in the end, you can have size and you need to have the skill for the top line player.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:28 AM
  #193
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
It's funny how every year you hear these type of rumors as soon as the team starts to struggle . IMO there just spread to deflect attention away from the team while there struggling .

When Burke actually makes a deal you almost never hear anything about it before it's done .
I think it's more a matter that trade rumors spring up naturally when a team is doing poorly.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:34 AM
  #194
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,492
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
Yeah that must be it, never heard a thing about Burke wanting to move Kaberle and Versteeg before it happened. It was all about diverting attention.
How many many fasle rumors did we hear the last few years when the team started to struggle ?

As far as Kabs goes , there were rumors for a couple of years before BB finally dealt him . We were getting hour by hour reports of a deal before the draft when Bos had our 2nd overall pick . I didn't hear much if anything before the Steeg trade .

Did we hear anything about the DP , Giggy , Beau or Franson deals before they happened ?

Burkes not stupid , he uses the media to his advantage and with the team struggling at the moment the trade rumors start to float around and it does the intended purpose of deflecting attention away from the play of the team .

If the rumor came from more of a credible source than Nonis mouth piece i would believe it more .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
  #195
MajorityRules
ExcellencewithVigour
 
MajorityRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
You forgot to add:

Carolina is losing so Staal will be traded (optional)
Columbus is losing so Nash will be traded (optional)
Anaheim is losing so Ryan will be traded (optional)

Sweet, so Franson, Kadri and a 2nd are leaving and the Leafs are getting back Staal, Nash and Ryan. Good deal but I bet Burke is waiting for a 1st to be added.

MajorityRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
  #196
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
In terms of a non-official source (read: not a TSN or Sportsnet employee) hes probably better then anyone else.
Hardly.

IB is very uneducted in terms of hockey knowledge and really has no tie, connections and its quite evident that he's just making stuff up.

As one poster already pointed out the fact that he openly stated Nazem asked for a trade, and Nazem quickly shot that rumor down.

His posts actually irritate me. lol

But for people that enjoy reading fabricated rumors, he has some good ones!


As for legit sources, you're always best to stick with TSN, Sportsnet and the likes of Dreger, Mckenzie and Lebrun.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
  #197
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
How many many fasle rumors did we hear the last few years when the team started to struggle ?

As far as Kabs goes , there were rumors for a couple of years before BB finally dealt him . We were getting hour by hour reports of a deal before the draft when Bos had our 2nd overall pick . I didn't hear much if anything before the Steeg trade .

Did we hear anything about the DP , Giggy , Beau or Franson deals before they happened ?

Burkes not stupid , he uses the media to his advantage and with the team struggling at the moment the trade rumors start to float around and it does the intended purpose of deflecting attention away from the play of the team .

If the rumor came from more of a credible source than Nonis mouth piece i would believe it more .
Diverting attention by making up trade rumors is a false accusation. Once Burke and Nonis decide they need to move someone you will hear hints through various media outlets in one way or another.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...rade-attention
http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...ibilities.html
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../16735636.html
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...rade-talk?bn=1
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...710/story.html

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
  #198
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Hardly.

IB is very uneducted in terms of hockey knowledge and really has no tie, connections and its quite evident that he's just making stuff up.

As one poster already pointed out the fact that he openly stated Nazem asked for a trade, and Nazem quickly shot that rumor down.

His posts actually irritate me. lol

But for people that enjoy reading fabricated rumors, he has some good ones!


As for legit sources, you're always best to stick with TSN, Sportsnet and the likes of Dreger, Mckenzie and Lebrun.
Well obviously. But thats why I said "non official source". But whatever, its all a guessing game no matter who says it anyway. Even "legit" sources get things wrong.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:49 AM
  #199
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
In terms of a non-official source (read: not a TSN or Sportsnet employee) hes probably better then anyone else.
Absolutely not, none of those twits are better than eachother because they're all full of it, other than the legit beat writers and Bob Mac's of the world

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:53 AM
  #200
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
You forgot to add:

Carolina is losing so Staal will be traded (optional)
Columbus is losing so Nash will be traded (optional)
Anaheim is losing so Ryan will be traded (optional)
Can you imagine pulling a Dion deal to get any of those 3 guys?

Ryan - Staal - Nash

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.