HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rick Nash to Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2011, 07:14 PM
  #1
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Rick Nash to Edmonton

Nash for Paajarvi, Petry, Plante, 1st, 2nd

I would prefer Carter because of his caphit, but doubt he gets traded so quickly. I think this would be terrific value for Nash. Nash IMO is overpaid and a huge risk (always on a losing team, only once scored a ppg), but could give us the powerforward we could use, two legitimate first lines and an elite checking line. I might not actually trade for Nash (caphit) myself, i just think this is intriguing.

Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Nash-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones/Omark (that's right i'd put Omark there)
Petrell-Belanger-Jones/Eager (I'd sit Eager, he's got Georges "i'm a real hockey player" Laraque syndrome. I think he's useless.)

Columbus gets a young top 4 d, another possible future depth guy, and a very good young forward to replace Nash to go with two good picks.

As always add/subtract/switch where you feel necessary, and please offer an opinion not just a because you're not smart enough to debate the issue.


Last edited by Alvvays: 11-13-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
  #2
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Not enough for Nash. Better assets have to be going to Columbus for them to consider trading Nash.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:27 PM
  #3
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Not enough for Nash. Better assets have to be going to Columbus for them to consider trading Nash.
Whos' going to give up a better package, and do you think this would be fair for Carter? What would you add then? Petry is a very good young D, and Paajarvi is a top notch young player. Do you think Nash is worth 7.8 mil per year?

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:27 PM
  #4
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,744
vCash: 500
Nash is kind of the player edm hopes hall becomes.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
  #5
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
Change one to Eberle and you have a deal.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:32 PM
  #6
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Nash is kind of the player edm hopes hall becomes.
I hope Hall becomes a ppg player plus that can lead a team to glory. Nash isn't that, he has had some decent players with him in CLB IMO, and they still struggle evey year.

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:33 PM
  #7
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Whos' going to give up a better package, and do you think this would be fair for Carter? What would you add then? Petry is a very good young D, and Paajarvi is a top notch young player. Do you think Nash is worth 7.8 mil per year?
If nobody, then Nash remains a Blue Jacket. Why should Columbus feel obligated to trade this star player for scraps and Paajarvi who is overrated to begin with.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
  #8
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Change one to Eberle and you have a deal.
Defeats the purpose for us. That kid line should never be seperated IMO. Paajarvi is still a very good young forward. I really doubt you would get an Eberle from any team. Edmonton has no incentive to blow it up, Columbus does. Although probably fair enough to expect that, would you do the package for Carter?

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:36 PM
  #9
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
If nobody, then Nash remains a Blue Jacket. Why should Columbus feel obligated to trade this star player for scraps and Paajarvi who is overrated to begin with.
Saying Paajarvi, Petry, 1st, 2nd is scraps is beyond insane. I'm done with you.

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:38 PM
  #10
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Saying Paajarvi, Petry, 1st, 2nd is scraps is beyond insane. I'm done with you.
You should just stop posting trades period. Offering second tier prospects and players for a top tier guy isn't going to work. For Nash, yes those other pieces are scraps. If you don't get it, maybe you should stick with trying to get someone a little more in their league.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:42 PM
  #11
36kap36
Registered User
 
36kap36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Saying Paajarvi, Petry, 1st, 2nd is scraps is beyond insane. I'm done with you.
When comparing it to Nash, it really is not that insane. When you posted this thread, you had to see the opportunity for others to not agree, so calm down. I feel that this isn't even close to get Nash out of Columbus.

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:45 PM
  #12
Doug19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Aland Islands
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Defeats the purpose for us. That kid line should never be seperated IMO. Paajarvi is still a very good young forward. I really doubt you would get an Eberle from any team. Edmonton has no incentive to blow it up, Columbus does. Although probably fair enough to expect that, would you do the package for Carter?
Really, you don't think Nash can net an Eberle type player, that's hilarious and hilarious that trading for Nash including Eberle would somehow make your team worse. HILARIOUS.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
  #13
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: North Korea
Posts: 10,471
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Hall-Hopkins-Eberle
Nash-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Horcoff-Jones/Omark (that's right i'd put Omark there)
Petrell-Belanger-Jones/Eager (I'd sit Eager, he's got Georges "i'm a real hockey player" Laraque syndrome. I think he's useless.)
You offer a horrible deal for Nash and put him on the second line.. really?

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
  #14
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,978
vCash: 152
Yah, thing is, CLB would need a proven young player coming back. MPS+Eberle+ is what im thinking....That's why it won't happen, but first round picks have value, but having a 'potential NHLer' isn't same value as a proven NHL young player with upside.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
  #15
SuperSaiyanBeastmode
Registered User
 
SuperSaiyanBeastmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,965
vCash: 500
hmm... yakupov and murray in the same draft? nash, who?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
  #16
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,037
vCash: 178
Unless Edmonton is barred from winning another game, thus guaranteeing Columbus gets Yakupov and can use their pick to draft Murray or something, yeah no. While I agree with you, Nash is overpaid, you cannot expect to acquire both an elite player and a team's franchise player for second tier prospects and a mid level first. Paajarvi is the only obvious value in this trade, with the rest all chalked up entirely to potential. Columbus would want reasonable assurance their return would produce.

Paajarvi, Eberle and your first may seem like overpayment but I doubt Columbus has any interest in much less.

By the way, Nash would be kicking Eberle or Hall off that first line less than twenty games in unless both exploded to thirty goal scorers.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:26 PM
  #17
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
This trade would be Columbus' recipe for getting smoked in every game.

You overrated every player that is going to Columbus and underrated Nash. For years, Nash was the only true top line player on that team and he was still able to produce and carry the team.

Nash would never be traded to the Blues, but we would be able to top that offer in a second.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:39 PM
  #18
FartyPantz*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Whos' going to give up a better package, and do you think this would be fair for Carter? What would you add then? Petry is a very good young D, and Paajarvi is a top notch young player. Do you think Nash is worth 7.8 mil per year?
All i know is last night in the Bruins Oilers game Petry was average. MPS sucks this year he's a friggen bum with 1 point in 13 games. Plante can't crack your crappy roster. The 1st is nice, but your not as bad a team as you have been the last 2 years so this offer is basically garbage for Nash.

FartyPantz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
  #19
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Really, you don't think Nash can net an Eberle type player, that's hilarious and hilarious that trading for Nash including Eberle would somehow make your team worse. HILARIOUS.
I never said it would make us worse. But most teams aren't going to give up a premier young CORE player like Eberle along with a young top4 d-man, a 1st and a 2nd, plus a decent D prospect. Paajarvi is a terrific young player (think Voracek). Plus Nash is overpaid. Like i said i though your request was reasonable, i just said it wouldn't work for us. Eberle easily has ppg potential, and Nash isn't even a ppg player historically (although he has more ability than that would indicate IMO). Just to put it in perspective a similar player in Carter was traded for Voracek, 1st, 3rd. The 1st was high value so our 1st and a 2nd is probably equal to CLB's 1st and 3rd, then Voracek and Paajarvi is a wash IMO, and Petry accounts for the difference between Nash and Carter. Nevermind Nash is overpaid, and has never managed to lead his team to a winning season (1 year at .500 in terms of true win loss), although that isn't all on him it does matter to a degree. I never offered anything insulting...


Last edited by Eskimo44: 11-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:17 PM
  #20
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FartyPantz View Post
All i know is last night in the Bruins Oilers game Petry was average. MPS sucks this year he's a friggen bum with 1 point in 13 games. Plante can't crack your crappy roster. The 1st is nice, but your not as bad a team as you have been the last 2 years so this offer is basically garbage for Nash.
Paajarvi and Petry are terrific young players any notion to the contrary is bizarre. Plante is a decent prospect who is 22, most 22 year old defenseman are not in the NHL. In fact 22-24 is the most common age for young players to enter the league, and that doesn't account for the fact defenseman enter the league at a later date than forwards. http://www.quanthockey.com/Distribut...stribution.php

Our Defense isn't as bad as you imply it just lacks a true #1. BTW our team is one of the top teams in the league right now, so we aren't that crappy. We are just young.

Like i said earlier look at what Carter went for: Voracek, 8th overall, 3rd rounder. I'd say the offer i posted is superior to that. Paajarvi=Voracek, 1st+2nd=8th overall, Petry>>>3rd. Nevermind Carter has a far better caphit and can play center. Nash is better but not by so much that this should be regarded as a "garbage" offer.

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:19 PM
  #21
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
You offer a horrible deal for Nash and put him on the second line.. really?
Yes playing with Hemsky is beyond terrible. The kid line in Edmonton is going to stick together. That isn't a real 2nd line, if you read the op i said it would give us two "legitimate 1st lines". Tell me how this offer isn' better than the Carter deal?

Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
  #22
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I never said it would make us worse. But most teams aren't going to give up a premier young CORE player like Eberle along with a young top4 d-man, a 1st and a 2nd, plus a decent D prospect. Paajarvi is a terrific young player (think Voracek). Plus Nash is overpaid. Like i said i though your request was reasonable, i just said it wouldn't work for us. Eberle easily has ppg potential, and Nash isn't even a ppg player historically (although he has more ability than that would indicate IMO). Just to put it in perspective a similar player in Carter was traded for Voracek, 1st, 3rd. The 1st was high value so our 1st and a 2nd is probably equal to CLB's 1st and 3rd, then Voracek and Paajarvi is a wash IMO, and Petry accounts for the difference between Nash and Carter. Nevermind Nash is overpaid, and has never managed to lead his team to a winning season (1 year over .500), although that isn't all on him it does matter to a degree. I never offered anything insulting...
Your first mistake is thinking Paajarvi is terrific, he has 1 point this season. This is classic homerism, thinking the homegrown prospect is the next big thing. If you want Nash, then you are going to have to give up Eberle, otherwise Columbus won't trade him.

Paajarvi is not on Voracek's level yet.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:27 PM
  #23
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 500
TBH, If Nash were to go to Edmonton, this package wouldn't do. The purpose of the trade proposal is to send back a player to Edmonton without giving up the three youngins. For Nash, you would need to trade one. The package is odds and ends with a first thrown in there really.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:37 PM
  #24
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Unless Edmonton is barred from winning another game, thus guaranteeing Columbus gets Yakupov and can use their pick to draft Murray or something, yeah no. While I agree with you, Nash is overpaid, you cannot expect to acquire both an elite player and a team's franchise player for second tier prospects and a mid level first. Paajarvi is the only obvious value in this trade, with the rest all chalked up entirely to potential. Columbus would want reasonable assurance their return would produce.

Paajarvi, Eberle and your first may seem like overpayment but I doubt Columbus has any interest in much less.

By the way, Nash would be kicking Eberle or Hall off that first line less than twenty games in unless both exploded to thirty goal scorers.
That's fair to hope for, but as i said i DOUBT (doesn't mean it won't happen) any team offers something like that. I think you are underrating Petry big time. He is a terrific young player, he is almost for sure a top 4 guy. That's the exact type of player Columbus needs.

It's fair for Columbus to say no, but it isn't fair to insinuate this is a poor offer. I've already refrenced the Carter deal, but how about the Heatley (Ottawa), Kovalchuk, Hossa, Thornton, Brad and Mike Richards, Cammalleri, Tanguay(Colorado/Calgary) deals. Although different circumstances the first three have easily outproduced Nash in their careers. Thornton was a bad deal (value wise) for Boston, but it was obvioulsy the best they could get. Mike Richards did net a better player in Schenn vs Paajarvi but IMO Petry=Simmonds, and a 1st+2nd is better than just a 1st. And IMO Richards is more valuable due to caphit, leadership, playing center, twoway acume. Brad Richards went for nothing of longterm value to the Lightning. Jokinen was not as highly regarded as Paajarvi, Smith was not as valuable as Petry+1st, Halpern and a 4th is equal to a 2nd, and Tampa threw in a goaltending prospect to boot. Cammalleri/Tanguay weren't as good and were different circumstances in a couple of the deals, but look at what they've been traded for both times. I don't ever recall a deal like the one you are suggesting happening in recent times. Please refrence one if you can. Even if we add defenseman look at what Pronger, Burns, Visnovsky have been dealt for. Teams don't trade their core players often, and if they do it is for a major shakeup, ala what Columbus might do. I don't understand why HFboards thinks these things happen when they never do...

Teams switch lines, i don't understand what the big deal with that is. Hemsky is still our best player and he plays on the "2nd" so why is that? BTW Hemsky has a better ppg than Nash does since the lockout, just to put things in perspective.


Last edited by Eskimo44: 11-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Eskimo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:40 PM
  #25
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Nash is notoriously overrated and this is huge overpayment for an average 1st line player.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.