HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Perfect deadline players for the Kings are available in Winnipeg, Slater and Wellwood. Wellwood has played smart hockey, while being pretty damn good offensively(15pts in 20gp), and Slater is an awesome shutdown center that wins faceoffs, Pks, blocks shots, does everything defensively. I would not want the Jets to deal either, but both are UFA's at the end of the year and at least Slater I am thinking Wpg could lure back as an UFA. Something like Parse + Moller + Kozun + 2nd I think would be enough for Wpg...

Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Brown
Richardson - Stoll - Wellwood
Moreau/Hunter - Slater - Lewis
I don't want either Wellwood or Slater actually, and definately not at that price.

Wellwood maybe, if we are desperate for offense, and I mean desperate.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Wow, somebody on this board actually thinks highly of Moreau as much as I do. I also like Boyes and he could probably be had for cheap. Not quite sure what happened to his scoring the past few years but if we can get him for cheap, I'm all for it.
i also really like moreau's game. he plays hard, gets pucks to the net, big body, gritty, and like you said cheap contract. he is one of the least of our concerns on our bottom six. put him on the third line with stoll on wing and lokti at center. speed skill grit baby

Old
11-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
i also really like moreau's game. he plays hard, gets pucks to the net, big body, gritty, and like you said cheap contract. he is one of the least of our concerns on our bottom six. put him on the third line with stoll on wing and lokti at center. speed skill grit baby
Poor Lokti.

Guy played in juniors with Taylor Hall and Adam Henrique. Talk about a downgrade!

Old
11-23-2011, 05:37 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Poor Lokti.

Guy played in juniors with Taylor Hall and Adam Henrique. Talk about a downgrade!
I'm sure he's just happy to be playing in the nhl. Eventually, he'll be upgraded to skate with Parse and Richie.

Old
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
I'm sure he's just happy to be playing in the nhl. Eventually, he'll be upgraded to skate with Parse and Richie.

Old
11-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't want either Wellwood or Slater actually, and definately not at that price.

Wellwood maybe, if we are desperate for offense, and I mean desperate.
Hes been pretty solid all season. Id be interested for a deadline run

Old
11-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

What legit #3 centers are even availible? We need a guy for that spot to shut down. I miss Zus

Old
11-24-2011, 10:42 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
What legit #3 centers are even availible? We need a guy for that spot to shut down. I miss Zus
O where O where has my Handzus Gone, O where O where indeed. Dean Lombardi has to be doing the Face palm, every game Jarret Stoll doesn't contribute something.

Old
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
O where O where has my Handzus Gone, O where O where indeed. Dean Lombardi has to be doing the Face palm, every game Jarret Stoll doesn't contribute something.
Just speaking offensively here, not defensively, but Stoll has six points and Zues has 5. I want Zues back as well, but hindsight is 20/20 and at the time, I didn't regret for one minute us not giving $2.5 million to Handzus on a contract. Honestly, I still don't.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Anyone here think LA takes a chance and picks Comeau up on waivers?

Old
11-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Shellz

Quote:
I haven't watched him play.Maybe The Ducks will pick up leftovers again.

Old
11-24-2011, 11:56 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
16 games, 0 goals, 0 assists. Would fit right in on our bottom six

Old
11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would absolutely claim him. The Islanders are terrible, right down there with Columbus, I wouldn't throw him under the bus for not performing this season with them. Comeau is a pretty good hockey player, this is a bonehead move by the Isles in my opinion, there is absolutely no way he clears. He won't make it to us, but I would definitely put a claim in.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

It seems like every player who in "no way clears", always clear. I wouldn't be surprised with that cap hit ($2.5M).

Old
11-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

17 goals 2 seasons ago, 24 goals last season. Only 25. I would take the chance honestly. Our bottom 6 sucks. And this move might jump start him. If he sucks, he is an rfa next year and you don't qualify him.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

You put Lokti as our 3C, immediately our 3rd line looks a whole lot better.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Phili put Nodl on waivers...he'd be better than Hunter...

Old
11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Phili put Nodl on waivers...he'd be better than Hunter...
Another Flyer, awesome

Seriously though, assuming Richards and Gagne signed off on it, as they have played with the guy, especially Richards, then I'd be down with it. He's only 24 and can't be worse than Moreau/Hunter/Lewis/Richardson have been.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

He doesn't appear to score, hit or fight, so what exactly does he do? I'm not being a smart ass either. I know nothing about the guy. Maybe he and Brad Richardson could start to crochet togehter in the press box?

Old
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Johnny Utah

You people crack me up....every time a smuck goes on waivers you say pick up...Commeau, Bergfos, Nodl....no, no, no...these guys all stink.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
You people crack me up....every time a smuck goes on waivers you say pick up...Commeau, Bergfos, Nodl....no, no, no...these guys all stink.
Essentially if they were worth a **** they would be on NHL rosters and not be getting picked p on the waiver wire. Yea some waiver wire scores happen, aka Grabner, but basically yea, it normally means they aren't good.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Ps. Simmonds has looked terrible this season. He had a hot start but he has really tanked the last couple games. Philly fans are frustrated with him.

Old
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Ps. Simmonds has looked terrible this season. He had a hot start but he has really tanked the last couple games. Philly fans are frustrated with him.
So, we should pick him up on waivers?

Simmonds may not be our answer either, but I'll take Simmonds back with the kings anytime.

Old
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
So, we should pick him up on waivers?

Simmonds may not be our answer either, but I'll take Simmonds back with the kings anytime.
I remember when people were so high on Simmer (people still are), saying that he might be a 20-30 goal scorer, maybe a 50-60 point guy.

Truth is Simmonds is MAYBE a 10-15 guy, and a 30 point player. I don't know what happened to the kid after his sophomore year. He went soft. Real soft.

I mean christ he has been playing on a line with Briere and JvR and also getting PP time and he only has 4 goals? and 2 even strength goals?

No thanks we don't need another stone handed 3rd liner. We have plenty of those.

All things considered, the Richards trade is looking like it could be one giant fleecing. I still crack up when I realize....**** Richards is only 26. 3 years older then Simmonds.

Old
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Worse than the crap that's played on our 3rd and 4th lines? Bergfors sure, but Comeau I doubt it. Nodl maybe, but worth a shot, even if all it does is force one of Hunter/Moreau/Richardson/Lewis out. We need a change down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I remember when people were so high on Simmer (people still are), saying that he might be a 20-30 goal scorer, maybe a 50-60 point guy.

Truth is Simmonds is MAYBE a 10-15 guy, and a 30 point player. I don't know what happened to the kid after his sophomore year. He went soft. Real soft.

I mean christ he has been playing on a line with Briere and JvR and also getting PP time and he only has 4 goals? and 2 even strength goals?

No thanks we don't need another stone handed 3rd liner. We have plenty of those.

All things considered, the Richards trade is looking like it could be one giant fleecing. I still crack up when I realize....**** Richards is only 26. 3 years older then Simmonds.
A 10-15 goals, 30 point 3rd liner is hardly "stone handed." Right now our entire 3rd and 4th line is on pace to score 18 goals between all six players. I think we could use Simmonds just fine, thanks. Btw, what do you expect a 3rd liner to produced before he no longer has what you'd consider stone hands?

Closed Thread