HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
It wouldn't even be the best offer the Ducks receive, they may not even Value Jack like we do. The Ducks need an Elite Shut down guy, they have plenty of puck movers.

It's a Stretch that they would trade him to a West team. But No GM in their right mind would trade a Player of Ryan's caliber; to a Division opponent (so he can murder them for years to come).

That's insane.
Pretty much. And if theyre trading Ryan you have to assume younger guys. They wont be able to contend seriously without him. As impossible as it is to trade him out west let alone LA they need...

Future top 6 center(Loktionov)
Very good 2 way defenseman(Forbort). Or Voynov if they dont mind the more offensive part when they need more Defensive style D.
And then a top 6 forward

Old
12-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Pretty much. And if theyre trading Ryan you have to assume younger guys. They wont be able to contend seriously without him. As impossible as it is to trade him out west let alone LA they need...

Future top 6 center(Loktionov)
Very good 2 way defenseman(Forbort). Or Voynov if they dont mind the more offensive part when they need more Defensive style D.
And then a top 6 forward
and that is way too much away from us. What with Scuderi, Greener and Mitchy all being over 30. Forbort figures to be a big piece in our shutdown pairings in the future.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
and that is way too much away from us. What with Scuderi, Greener and Mitchy all being over 30. Forbort figures to be a big piece in our shutdown pairings in the future.
Exactly why it never works. Unless it was 3 way without Anaheims knowledge which would be lulz

Old
12-08-2011, 03:21 PM
markisonfire
HFBoards Sponsor

I think the Kings really need another right winger. I mentioned Clutterbuck before for the third line, and I still think he would be a great addition for our bottom six. But I really think we need a top line right wing to shift Brown to the left side. Let's say Iginla, hypothetically.

Something like:

Iginla for Loktionov, Martinez, Moller, and a first?

Our lines then become:

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
Clifford - Fraser - Richardson
Westgarth

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Greene

Old
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I think the Kings really need another right winger. I mentioned Clutterbuck before for the third line, and I still think he would be a great addition for our bottom six. But I really think we need a top line right wing to shift Brown to the left side. Let's say Iginla, hypothetically.

Something like:

Our lines then become:

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
Westgarth

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Greene
We really that desperate to win it all this season? I don't trust Iginla being the answer and he won't be around very long.

This team's window is just opening. There is and should be a sense of urgency now, but I don't want to trade major pieces of the farm for Iginla.

Old
12-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:

Something like:

Our lines then become:

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
Westgarth

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Greene
I agree that we need another top RW but we have no cap space for an Iginla.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

Something like:

Our lines then become:

Brown - Kopitar - Iginla
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
Westgarth

Mitchell - Doughty
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - Greene
Aside from not having the cap space, that offer doesn't get Iginla. You'd be looking at something more ridiculous, like Brown, Hickey, Lewis/other fringe NHLer and a 1st, and possibly a conditional pick on top of that.

We paid a 1st, 3rd and decent prospect for Penner. We'll pay way more than that for Iginla, the face of the Flames franchise.

Old
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Both Iginla and Clutterbuck are too expensive for the return and Iginla would be very difficult to fit on the payroll. Injuries have been unkind to us, with Penner's recent effort, if we still had a healthy Richards, we would have a good top 6. What throws things out of whack is when Murray starts messing around with his magic 8 ball and putting together brain dead combinations. A new player may help, but I would refrain from roster moves over staffing maneuvers. The roster we have is solid. People can nitpick about our top 6 or our bottom 6 all they want, but those players should be able to get the job done. The problem rests on the staff at the end of the day for either being outcoached or not getting what they need from their players who are capable. The buck stops with the staff and ultimately the GM.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
sjmay*

Surprised this almost made it off the page,

Of the current roster, and you are looking to shake the team up while not blowing it up,

Who do you look to move right now?

I would look to move, Scuderi and Brown as much as I like both and think they both have very good value.

If I am looking for an actual shake up, I look and see what I can get for one of those two, as I think the return would be much better than shipping out say a Stoll for a draft pick etc.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Surprised this almost made it off the page,

Of the current roster, and you are looking to shake the team up while not blowing it up,

Who do you look to move right now?

I would look to move, Scuderi and Brown as much as I like both and think they both have very good value.

If I am looking for an actual shake up, I look and see what I can get for one of those two, as I think the return would be much better than shipping out say a Stoll for a draft pick etc.
The coach. Maybe Stoll for an established, two-way, long term option at third line center. Otherwise, just the coach. Why blow up the team because your coach is too old to play them properly? The roster is proven and established, a shakeup would only mix things up even more. They are already tasked with having to eventually learn a new system and turn things around, it would be better to do that with players they are already familiar with.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The coach. Maybe Stoll for an established, two-way, long term option at third line center. Otherwise, just the coach. Why blow up the team because your coach is too old to play them properly? The roster is proven and established, a shakeup would only mix things up even more. They are already tasked with having to eventually learn a new system and turn things around, it would be better to do that with players they are already familiar with.
Changing the coach doesn't always work, ie. Anaheim, Washington, Carolina, etc,

Old
12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Sticking with the coach isn't exactly working...

And in the case of Anaheim and Carolina, the Kings have a much better team than those two. Anaheim's and Carolina's problems run much deeper than the coaches.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
It is a better first step than messing with your assets and damaging the roster.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Quote:
It doesn't always need to work, it just needs to work for us We have lots of talent, there just seems to be something wrong with the wiring up top.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It is a better first step than messing with your assets and damaging the roster.
Sure,

But for the sake of argument because I am bored on a Sunday, we take the first step, and shiat the bed coming out of the gate and go 2-8 in our next 10,

What then?

Old
12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Quote:
Sure,

But for the sake of argument because I am bored on a Sunday, we take the first step, and shiat the bed coming out of the gate and go 2-8 in our next 10,

What then?
Readjustment phase?

Old
12-11-2011, 12:40 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Readjustment phase?
LOL your killing me,

Ok, 6-14 over the next 20 games, WHAT THEN heh lol

Old
12-11-2011, 12:41 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
LOL your killing me,

Besides PSP throwing an I told you so party and reveling in being right while his team is ******** the bed.....

Old
12-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
LOL your killing me,

Then this team has far deeper problems than most of us ever imagined.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Then this team has far deeper problems than most of us ever imagined.
True, so then what do you do?

LOL hence the thread etc, I have 10 hours of being bored at work, I gotta do something, and watching football only goes so far...

Old
12-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
True, so then what do you do?

LOL hence the thread etc, I have 10 hours of being bored at work, I gotta do something, and watching football only goes so far...
Then it's probably time for Lombardi to go. If this team doesn't respond to a massive shake up, then these aren't the players to lead the Kings to the top of the NHL.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Then it's probably time for Lombardi to go. If this team doesn't respond to a massive shake up, then these aren't the players to lead the Kings to the top of the NHL.
I don't think a coaching change his a massive shakeup at this point..if this was after the first two weeks and their first loss, yea, at this point, the players can see the writing on the wall and are more than likely just waiting for it...

Old
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Quote:
LOL your killing me,

I'm assuming Quick has turned into La Barbara and the boards have blown up with the Bernier v Quick debate. Some of us have quit on HF Boards for about a month because it just hurts too much and somewhere in the dark, Nichols is saying "Yup, their offensive force went when I got traded". 70 goals and Sandstrom and Granato couldn't carry it. It's never been the same since. That'll teach em... Dumb deal"

Seriously now... I think Brown might get traded at some point..... It's not a gut feeling but I think he is expendable. It's not the first time a Captain will have been traded. DL is pretty arthritic in his roster movements. He'll land another scorer before judgement day, maybe the week before...

EDIT:
PSP did throw that party....

Last edited by Scrivezina: 12-11-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old
12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I don't think a coaching change his a massive shakeup at this point..if this was after the first two weeks and their first loss, yea, at this point, the players can see the writing on the wall and are more than likely just waiting for it...
That's why I say if you fire the coach, you need to also send out a Core player. Or at least someone of stature on the Roster.

My pick is Justin Williams. It lets the players ALSO know they are on notice as well.

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-11-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old
12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
bral
Go Kings!

Like in Moneyball when they aquire the players with the best On Base Percentage we need to aquire some players with better puck possession skills. Some who will battle for the puck and maintain some offensive zone time whether they're prolific scorers or not(frolov). I'm a big DL supporter but he blundered here. The loss of Zeus,Smyth,Simmer,Poni without replacements is proving disastrous. I knew losing the size would hurt the team but I never thought it would cripple the team as it has. So who should we target and who's available?

Closed Thread