HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bruce Garrioch (not the most dependable source) tweeted that the Kings are involved in talks for Kyle Turris. He's an intriguing prospect, thought at the time of his draft year in 2007 that he'd be the player the Kings pursue but he went before the Kings' turn at #4.

Phoenix set years back on his development due to their insistence to push him into the NHL before he was ready. Trading for him really may not help the team out much right now as this could be a potential for potential type move. Would you guys swap Loktionov for Turris?
No way would I want to swap Lokti for Turris. Turris has accomplished nothing, but still held out. Cannot see him being a positive addition.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I'm for bringing in Turris and hope he can succeed outside of Phoenix. But not for Loki. Turris has lost alot of value with his play and contract issues

Old
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Kingurentai

I don't want to trade Lokti or Voynov, because I first want to see what they can do with a little more time. I understand their value to teams and I also understand their values may decrease if they don't live up to expectations, but with them I think we must hold on and take that risk.

...unless they're part of some package for a Parise level player, but even then I would trade about 10 other players before them.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Thankfully Lisa Dillman puts the kibosh on this rumor. Once again, Bruce Garrioch gets another rumor wrong.

Quote:
Hearing that the Kings are not involved in the latest twists and turns with Kyle Turris.
And a reminder that a roster freeze is in effect on Monday, the 19th.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I'm for bringing in Turris and hope he can succeed outside of Phoenix. But not for Loki. Turris has lost alot of value with his play and contract issues
Eventually I am for bringing in Kyle Turris, but right seems like the worst timing for this. Turris, on the surface, doesn't look like the best character guy and we are going through some issues, some of which it seems DL thinks are locker room issues. Why risk further complicating this?

Plus, 0 points in 6 games since returning. I don't understand why this guy was so hard line to hold out. What's he proven?

Old
12-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Eventually I am for bringing in Kyle Turris, but right seems like the worst timing for this. Turris, on the surface, doesn't look like the best character guy and we are going through some issues, some of which it seems DL thinks are locker room issues. Why risk further complicating this?

Plus, 0 points in 6 games since returning. I don't understand why this guy was so hard line to hold out. What's he proven?

Where does Dean say he thinks there are locker room issues?

Old
12-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Duc620

Quote:

Eventually I am for bringing in Kyle Turris,

considering the rest of your paragraph, why would you want him?

Old
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Unless it's Parise or someone not a big part of the team, I think the team should wait a bit and see how they do under Sutter. Maybe he gets them going and we don't need a trade.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Although, I fully expect some trades to be made, I wouldn't expect any until Sutter has had chance to assess the players.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I don't think there will be any imminent moves unless there's a chance to upgrade Penner or Stoll significantly.

Maybe Iginla at the deadline.

Old
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
CandianKingsFan14

I know its Eklund but he is reporting that the Habs and Sabres have interest in Stoll. Not sure who would we would get coming back. Also says the Devils and Kings are talking again.

Old
12-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Anyone who puts down that somebody's interested in Stoll makes me happy. Even if it's Eklund.

Old
12-16-2011, 01:23 PM
bobafettish*

flyers have inquired about VV apparently.

VV+ for Giroux.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post

VV+ for Giroux.
I bet they would trade Schenn.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
you could give me a list of 100 that "hit their stride" at 27-28 and I could give you a list of 100 that "hit their stride" at 22.

The only thing that matters is what the other GM's around the league think about his value. I'm sure there are some vastly different opinions in that regard.
LOL Deal,

You go first.

In fact, I will make it easy, give me 20 guys who were impact players that PEAKED as a defenseman at 22....

Ready....go

(Yes, I know this will never happen, but I like exercises in futility, that's why I work where I work)

Old
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Where does Dean say he thinks there are locker room issues?
That's how I read it. Didn't want to fire TM. Felt TM's system was the correct one. Put all the blame on the players for TM being fired. Called out some players by name (WIlliams, Brown, etc.) To me that means the team isn't trying/quit and that is a locker room issue in my books. I thought I also heard something about the team started to develop groups (Edmonton players, Philly players, other players all in their own little circles) but I could be wrong on that part or maybe it was just a poster here questioning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Eventually I am for bringing in Kyle Turris,

considering the rest of your paragraph, why would you want him?
I think in a stable locker room with strong leadership (like Richards, Brown, Mitchell, etc.) Turris would hopefully learn from example and extract his cranium from his rectal area and start to be the player he can be. The way our team is right now though, to many balls are up in the air to bring in another possible distraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
I know its Eklund but he is reporting that the Habs and Sabres have interest in Stoll. Not sure who would we would get coming back. Also says the Devils and Kings are talking again.
I suggested Stoll for Boyes on the mainboard and it seemed to generate support. I think that'd be a good fit for us as it'd give us better depth on the wings and clear room for Loki at 3rd line centre.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I suggested Stoll for Boyes on the mainboard and it seemed to generate support. I think that'd be a good fit for us as it'd give us better depth on the wings and clear room for Loki at 3rd line centre.
I'd like to see if we can get more for Stoll, but Boyes would be a fair exchange.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Lmao, Marc Crawford tweeted that the Flyers should ask the Sens for Sergei Gonchar and then said that the Flyers would give up Schenn for him lmao.

Quote:
If I'm Paul Holmgren, I trade ASAP for Sergei Gonchar. Give them a young prospect the same age as their developing core players #MaybeSchenn
... Does he know what Sergei Gonchar is getting paid/how old he is? This is ridiculous, I'm sure Bryan Murray will take a 5th round pick for Gonchar

Old
12-16-2011, 02:45 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post

VV+ for Giroux.
Voynov + for JVR? I know he's more like a 2nd line LW, but that could help us! What is his salary?

Our top nine then:

van Riemsdyk-Kopitar-Williams

Gagne-Richards-Brown

Penner-Stoll-Richardson

Old
12-16-2011, 02:52 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
If the Flyers are in the hunt for D man, in the wake losing Pronger , it wouldn't be VV, they have 3 rookie/very young D men now playing, they need a more veteran presence to support Timmonen.

Dreger mentioned Weber and Gonchar among other possibilities.
It depends on how realistic Homer is on how deep this team can go. To get a top core , vet. Dman, you'll need to give up a top liner, not a prospect.

Old
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL Deal,

You go first.

In fact, I will make it easy, give me 20 guys who were impact players that PEAKED as a defenseman at 22....

Ready....go

(Yes, I know this will never happen, but I like exercises in futility, that's why I work where I work)
LOL...now you change the rules..."hitting their stride" at 22 is WAY different than "peaking" at 22. Look, I could go back to the 1979 draft and easily find 100 defensemen who were "hitting their stride" at 22 (not "peaking") but why waste my time? A few that come immediately to mind are Ramage, Hartsburg, Coffey, Bourque, Keith Brown, Reinhart, Lanz, Murphy, Babych, Rochefort, Patrick, MacInnis, Stevens, Housley, Hatcher...need I go on????

Old
12-16-2011, 02:58 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
LOL...now you change the rules..."hitting their stride" at 22 is WAY different than "peaking" at 22. Look, I could go back to the 1979 draft and easily find 100 defensemen who were "hitting their stride" at 22 (not "peaking") but why waste my time? A few that come immediately to mind are Ramage, Hartsburg, Coffey, Bourque, Keith Brown, Reinhart, Lanz, Murphy, Babych, Rochefort, Patrick, MacInnis, Stevens, Housley, Hatcher...need I go on????
LMAO your delusional.

If you think Murphy was hitting his stride at 22, same with Hatcher, Babych, Reinhart, holy christ..

Really? It's like you cherry picked the hockeydb drafted list and just put up guys names you recognized ffs...

Old
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
100 defensemen from the 1979 draft hit their stride at 22. Wow, I knew the 1979 draft was arguably the greatest of all-time but that's truly incredible.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

If I am the Kings right now I am floating three names in front of Philadelphia.

Willie Mitchelle, Rob Scuderi, and Matt Greene.

What the return would be I don't know but they badly need a veteran shut down guy.

Old
12-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
LOL @ this.

C'mon dude don't just lob up blind conjecture like "100 defensemen from the 79 draft hit their stride at 22"

Cause that's just stupid. Have a little research at hand.

Closed Thread