HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
  #126
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
How do you know?

No one knows 100% either way, but most of the time if the offer is fair the guy is going to sign with the only team he has ever known. Not to be rude, but this isn't NHL12, guys build relationships with coaches, management, other players and even fans, own homes, are part of a community etc.

I don't know Parise other than from TV interviews, but he strikes me as a JJ type guy when it comes to loyalty. I don't think we'll see Zach on TV crying as he is traded over 500k or anything like that.

And I do know that Lou is very strongly respected among the players, current and past and he is one of the best GM's in NHL history with a proven track record of winning.

Factoring all this in, I'd be shocked if ZP leaves NJ.
I know nothing about Parise and his personal relationship with Lou, etc. I do know I have read posts in the past on the Devils' board where their fans have said that the relationship between Parise and the Devils has not always been the best.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
  #127
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I just have not seen any inclination on Parise's behalf that shows he is leaning towards staying.
um, what?

LITERALLY everything he has said points to him leaning towards staying. he has never once said anything otherwise.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
  #128
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I know nothing about Parise and his personal relationship with Lou, etc. I do know I have read posts in the past on the Devils' board where their fans have said that the relationship between Parise and the Devils has not always been the best.
find me those posts.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
  #129
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
um, what?

LITERALLY everything he has said points to him leaning towards staying. he has never once said anything otherwise.
um what....
signing a one year contract screams i want to stay.


and what is he gonna say i hate this organization i want out.....

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
  #130
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I just have not seen any inclination on Parise's behalf that shows he is leaning towards staying.
I dunno man, he's captain....he didn't hold out....he signed the 1 year to avoid arbitration and the head ache it would cause the organization..

You could make the argument vice versa. He hasn't shown any inclination on hi behalf that he is leaning towards leaving.



AGAIN...any Kings fan who thinks we have a rats chance in hell at signing him, trading for him is delusional.

nor are they practical.

Where you gunna fit that 6-7 mil contract on this team? Yea Stoll Penner Mitchell off the books next season blah blah. What happens when we have 4 guys who combined would eat up 25-30 mil.

Try fielding a competitive team when you have to spend just over half your team on 20 other guys......


Seriously can't believe people are actually hopeful on this.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
  #131
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
um what....
signing a one year contract screams i want to stay.


and what is he gonna say i hate this organization i want out.....
He signed the one year contract to avoid arbitration. Which would have been a little strenuous on both he and the organization.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
  #132
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
He signed the one year contract to avoid arbitration. Which would have been a little strenuous on both he and the organization.
if he wanted to stay he would have signed long term already.

will parise resign in NJ, sure but i'ts gonna be at market value.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
  #133
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I don't think any Kings fans really expect Parise. But, there is nothing wrong with speculating. Since you know, that is what this thread is for. We dont need to be reminded, Devils fans.
There is speculation, and then there is impracticality. Which is what this is bordering on.

And seriously we have been hearing about Parise for so long. It's like...enough guys...so greedy.

We already have our elite forwards in Richards-Kopitar. We also have two elite defensemen an elite goaltender and a wealth of solid other players.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
  #134
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
if he wanted to stay he would have signed long term already.

will parise resign in NJ, sure but i'ts gonna be at market value.
So look at it this way....you either say **** you guys I am going to take this to arbitration and we are going to work out a long term deal I don't care if it takes all summer and I miss part of the season or training camp.

or

You say, I don't want to go through arbitration with the team or personally, so let's sign a one year deal now, avoid the headache and ulcers and work on the contract later so we can focus on hockey this season until the time is right.


Seems a little different then flipping the bird and saying I don't want to stay here.


I mean if you ask me, it seemed like Weber going to arbitration was more of a shot across the bow to Nashville management that they better do some **** then Parise signing a one year deal was....

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
  #135
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
if he wanted to stay he would have signed long term already.

will parise resign in NJ, sure but i'ts gonna be at market value.

did you read anything I wrote?

the Devils had ownership issues and currently seemingly still do. which is likely the reason a long term deal wasnt able to be worked out, colin white was bought out, etc.

i dont think Lou would have been on board with giving him the C if they knew he didnt have a pretty good shot at re-signing him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
  #136
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
There is speculation, and then there is impracticality. Which is what this is bordering on.

And seriously we have been hearing about Parise for so long. It's like...enough guys...so greedy.

We already have our elite forwards in Richards-Kopitar. We also have two elite defensemen an elite rcgoaltender and a wealth of solid other players.
Every fan is going to think what they want to think. I don't care. It doesn't bother me.

It wouldn't hurt to add a guy like Parise. Ohhhhhhh yeeeaaah.

Shellz is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
  #137
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,482
vCash: 500
I'd prefer to simply trade Martinez for a third line player. What bottom six players would be available from New Jersey?

markisonfire is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
  #138
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 500
If Zach ever becomes available(UFA) some East coast team will do what ever to get him.

The young man is not coming out West. We as Kings fans should know this by now.

Only way Is if he was traded. But the Devils are not going to trade him.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
  #139
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Every fan is going to think what they want to think. I don't care. It doesn't bother me.

It wouldn't hurt to add a guy like Parise. Ohhhhhhh yeeeaaah.
Yea absolutely, that's the freedom of the boards.


I would love to add Pominville and Vanek to the team. But it's just ridiculous and impractical. And If I brought it up here and suggested is as serious, I wouldn't expect people to say "ho de dum that's a nice suggestion you're entitled to that opinion!"

No people are going to call it out.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
  #140
Vic Vinegar
Registered User
 
Vic Vinegar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Please don't turn this into another Kovalchuk situation...at least we had a chance at Kovy. This is just sad.

Vic Vinegar is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:04 PM
  #141
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Please don't turn this into another Kovalchuk situation...at least we had a chance at Kovy. This is just sad.
i didn't think we had a chance at Parise either but rumors of both teams scouts at each other games.

and there is nobody on the NJD team that the kings would need other than Parise. maybe clarkson

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:20 PM
  #142
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
but UFA to be players on teams near the playoffs around the deadline are never traded. thats not how the NHL works. i cant think of one instance where its happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
How do you know?

No one knows 100% either way, but most of the time if the offer is fair the guy is going to sign with the only team he has ever known. Not to be rude, but this isn't NHL12, guys build relationships with coaches, management, other players and even fans, own homes, are part of a community etc.

I don't know Parise other than from TV interviews, but he strikes me as a JJ type guy when it comes to loyalty. I don't think we'll see Zach on TV crying as he is traded over 500k or anything like that.

And I do know that Lou is very strongly respected among the players, current and past and he is one of the best GM's in NHL history with a proven track record of winning.

Factoring all this in, I'd be shocked if ZP leaves NJ.
I wouldn't be shocked, but I'm definately leaning towards him resigning with the Devils. There's always that chance that he's atype of guy who just wants to see what's out there and once a guy reaches open waters anything can happen. That said, I'd give it about a 10% chance he doesn't re-up with NJ.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
  #143
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I just have not seen any inclination on Parise's behalf that shows he is leaning towards staying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
um, what?

LITERALLY everything he has said points to him leaning towards staying. he has never once said anything otherwise.
Nothing really points either way. I think he'll stay in NJ personally, but how often do you see a player come out and say "I'm not staying here and I can't wait until my contract is over so I can get out of this craphole."? Not very often, and most of the time it comes from players labelled cancers and the like. Parise is told to be polite and not close the door either way by his agent/advisors, so of course he's going to say "I like NJ"..."I love it here"..."I don't want to leave"... and all the other quotes we've seen before. Every year there is a prime UFA to be who is questioned almost nightly about if he will stay or not, and they always give vague, non-confrontational and non-commital answers. Brad Richards last year was likely the same way, don't diss Dallas, but don't say you're staying either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
um what....
signing a one year contract screams i want to stay.


and what is he gonna say i hate this organization i want out.....
So in other words, what bobafettish said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
So look at it this way....you either say **** you guys I am going to take this to arbitration and we are going to work out a long term deal I don't care if it takes all summer and I miss part of the season or training camp.

or

You say, I don't want to go through arbitration with the team or personally, so let's sign a one year deal now, avoid the headache and ulcers and work on the contract later so we can focus on hockey this season until the time is right.


Seems a little different then flipping the bird and saying I don't want to stay here.


I mean if you ask me, it seemed like Weber going to arbitration was more of a shot across the bow to Nashville management that they better do some **** then Parise signing a one year deal was....
Keep in mind that, in addition to the management issues Zajacs Bowl Cut referenced , Parise was also injured much of the year. Going to arbitration could have backfired onhim much more easily than it could have with Weber. I don't take Weber as a shot across the bow anymore than I did with DD.

But to suggest Parise was simply doing himself and the Devils a solid, like in the bolded part above, isn't really accurate. Parise was simply lining himself up to be a UFA after the season, thus keeping all his options open. Coming off an big injury like that, I doubt Parise was being offered as much as he felt he was worth on a long-term contract, and rightfully so. NJ would want to pay a little less in case there was any issues with his injury.

It doesn't mean he won't reup with NJ, in fact I strongly expect he will, but he's being smart about it and keeping things open for himself should the money not be what he wants.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
  #144
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post


Keep in mind that, in addition to the management issues Zajacs Bowl Cut referenced , Parise was also injured much of the year. Going to arbitration could have backfired onhim much more easily than it could have with Weber. I don't take Weber as a shot across the bow anymore than I did with DD.

But to suggest Parise was simply doing himself and the Devils a solid, like in the bolded part above, isn't really accurate. Parise was simply lining himself up to be a UFA after the season, thus keeping all his options open. Coming off an big injury like that, I doubt Parise was being offered as much as he felt he was worth on a long-term contract, and rightfully so. NJ would want to pay a little less in case there was any issues with his injury.

It doesn't mean he won't reup with NJ, in fact I strongly expect he will, but he's being smart about it and keeping things open for himself should the money not be what he wants.

You make a solid point. And definitely there are signs there that would make any NJ fan nervous about his future. However, in regards to him joining THIS team, it's just not going to happen. But yea you are right, he has gone about it in a way that makes one legitimately concerned.

Good article illustrating this point I believe..

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/7/2...-jersey-devils

Outlined very well from both sides of it.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
  #145
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
the Devils had ownership issues and currently seemingly still do. which is likely the reason a long term deal wasnt able to be worked out, colin white was bought out, etc.
Doesn't change much in my opinion. If they were really close and best buddies the long term deal would have been signed by now. I am not saying he is leaving the club, but I don't see any reason to discredit those who say there is a chance he is changing the scenery. Just because you say he is staying 100% does not mean it's true.

Quote:
i dont think Lou would have been on board with giving him the C if they knew he didnt have a pretty good shot at re-signing him.
Pretty weak argument imo. Captains get traded surprisingly often, why would you give a C to a guy that you intend to trade? But it happens. If anything, the C might had been given to him as a bribery: "Look dude, we respect you a lot. We respect you even more than we respect Kovalchuk. You are the man, take this C and sign the extension when you find a pen."

Nex06 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
  #146
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 37,755
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I never said he was 100% staying.

also, find me a guy who was RECENTLY named team captain to be traded soon after. I also did not say that captains dont get traded, either.

you tried to make a whole argument against me on things I did not say.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
  #147
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I never said he was 100% staying.

also, find me a guy who was RECENTLY named team captain to be traded soon after. I also did not say that captains dont get traded, either.

you tried to make a whole argument against me on things I did not say.
Fair enough, I'll make myself clearer. I don't think that giving a C to a player means anything in this exact situation, apart from the fact, that team management/staff thinks he is a leader and obviously would like him to sign an extension. But it doesn't say anything about PLAYER wanting to stay with the team.

As for trading, I personally don't think that Parise is going to be traded, because as long as he is with them, they can negotiate (and other teams can't). My remark about captains being traded is just to show that things can get different even from the team's point of view, let alone the player's, especially if he is to become one of the most wanted UFA's.
As for you not saying that he stays for sure, true. However you have also been asking whether people have been reading what you wrote. I'd say that we have, it's just that argumentation perhaps hasn't been strong enough for some of us to agree.

For the record I still think that Parise will resign with NJD, but the money will have to be really nice, no big home team discount.

Nex06 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
  #148
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,500
vCash: 500
Poor Devils fans are living off of bad faith

ShattStar03 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 03:30 PM
  #149
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Speculation for a pending UFA is certainly fun and we have no idea what NJ and Parise are thinking. Do they want another Kovalchuk-type contract or a more resonable 4-5 year deal? With Kovalchuk's cash about to approach $12 million next season, there may not be as much of a cash budget for another cap-busting contract for Parise.

I think Parise will re-sign with the Devils and get it done before July 1st, but I have no idea what is really going on with both sides. Just a gut feel.

I think it is funny that most Kings fans thought Johnson would be the player the Kings would have trouble signing long term and Doughty would sign a nice home-town discounted contract. Didn't happen that way in real life.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
  #150
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Speculation for a pending UFA is certainly fun and we have no idea what NJ and Parise are thinking. Do they want another Kovalchuk-type contract or a more resonable 4-5 year deal? With Kovalchuk's cash about to approach $12 million next season, there may not be as much of a cash budget for another cap-busting contract for Parise.

I think Parise will re-sign with the Devils and get it done before July 1st, but I have no idea what is really going on with both sides. Just a gut feel.

I think it is funny that most Kings fans thought Johnson would be the player the Kings would have trouble signing long term and Doughty would sign a nice home-town discounted contract. Didn't happen that way in real life.
I think that this is the exact problem if they don't get all of the ownership issues resolved. The current owner may not have enough money in terms of cash flow to support paying Kovalchuk and Parise say $19M a season and still fill out an NHL roster.

Gotta believe Parise's agent knows this.

KINGS17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.