HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Gomez thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2011, 10:05 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

vCash: 500
Official Gomez thread

I'ved only seen 5 periods of play from him, but alrerady I have noticed a difference in his play. He is stronger on the puck, he is making smarter decisions, and he is scoring!!!
When he scored in the first tonight, he was just like. yah. I'm scott ****ing gomez and I score goals. whaddup... I think he's finally ready to put in the effort that wearing the red white and blue sweater demands, and represent this team with the pride and passion that he has lacked in his first two seasons. What do you guys think?

Old
09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Less funny interviews, more goals.

Looking good so far.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

It was never a lack of effort.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I ****ing BELIEVE.

LET'S GO, Scotty!

Old
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Less funny interviews, more goals.

Looking good so far.
MORE funny interviews, more goals.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
It was never a lack of effort.
Yes it was... but the good thing is that it is easier to improve on a lack of effort than lack of talent.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Stradale

Never been a fan of Gomez but for this upcoming season, I'm a believer.

I expect him to get 60+ pts this season.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Pr3Va1L

It's more of where you put your efforts sometimes..

If he can cut down on the "attitude" (i.e. retaliating to a legal check with a slash) and concentrate on playing hockey instead, he can really do something this year !

Old
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
It's more of where you put your efforts sometimes..

If he can cut down on the "attitude" (i.e. retaliating to a legal check with a slash) and concentrate on playing hockey instead, he can really do something this year !
I don't want him to lose his fire. No thanks.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Does he still shoot the puck right at the Goalie? Does he still do the J-hook in the opposition end? Hrm.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Forsead

I always try to protected him here or when talking hockey with peoples and I really hope he will proove me right with a nice rebound season. Having two two-way centers with first line production would be amazing for the team.

GO GO Gomez !

Old
09-25-2011, 11:00 PM
bjac

Gomez is the safe pick for the Habs 'comeback player of the year'. Outside of Markov I think he can make the biggest difference out of any player when compared to last years preformace.

Old
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Does he still shoot the puck right at the Goalie? Does he still do the J-hook in the opposition end? Hrm.
Nope, he's going to the net and actually shooting the puck when he has an opening.
Just have to hope he keeps it up.

Still sucking balls on faceoff's though

Old
09-25-2011, 11:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

so far so good, hope he keeps it up..

Old
09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
Nope, he's going to the net and actually shooting the puck when he has an opening.
that's what made him good in new jersey, let's hope he keeps it up

Old
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 1040
He's a goal per game player so far

Old
09-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

If Gomez keeps it up he might match his season total for goals from last year before the end of this preseason

I'm exaggerating obviously and I actually like the guy, I've been telling people all summer that I think he's gonna have a big year. I do tend to be overly optimistic though but I can't wait to see how the season plays out for Gomez.

Old
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'd really like to know how that works...So when a guy does great in preseason it's reassuring and we love it but when a guy doesn't....it's not important? Cause preseason games means so much? If true, shouldn't it mean so much good or bad? Tough to follow sometimes....If we believe that Gomez will rebound and have a good year, it better be based on what we think MaxPac will bring to the line and the little big of dignity that Gomez had after having his worst career season. That alone could be reason enough.....not his performance during preseason....IF you are a believe that preseason is not important....

Old
09-26-2011, 03:54 AM
OneSharpMarble

Couldn't be much worse than last year, from what I have seen his play hasn't changed and I am not in the crowd that thinks 39points and up = win!

I am more interested in his play than his point totals. If he keeps doing what he has been doing all along he belongs on the third line.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd really like to know how that works...So when a guy does great in preseason it's reassuring and we love it but when a guy doesn't....it's not important? Cause preseason games means so much? If true, shouldn't it mean so much good or bad? Tough to follow sometimes....If we believe that Gomez will rebound and have a good year, it better be based on what we think MaxPac will bring to the line and the little big of dignity that Gomez had after having his worst career season. That alone could be reason enough.....not his performance during preseason....IF you are a believe that preseason is not important....
It was very important when Gomez was not producing last year. Are you really oblivious to the criticism he's gotten?

I agree though, basing any type of definitive opinion (good or bad) of a veteran off preseason is wrong.

As you said, Gomez will bounce back mostly due to his linemates, but also luck. He had a terribly unlucky year, similar to Plek a couple years ago. If he gets his shooting numbers up as well, it would not hurt him.

We will see..

Old
09-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Suppose it is best to reserve judgment until twenty games into the season or so. I'm not convinced he will come close to 60+ but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Old
09-26-2011, 06:23 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Suppose it is best to reserve judgment until twenty games into the season or so. I'm not convinced he will come close to 60+ but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Exactly my thought... So far, he scored one fluke goal (last year scored a couple like that) and his shot still looks weak. I do want him to have a 'bounce back' year (we need him), but it's preseason.

Old
09-26-2011, 06:24 AM
habsjunkie2*

I gotta admit as a long time naysayer of Gomez's he has looked quick and sharp to this point, although it's preseason it is a little encouraging. I seen him a couple times driving the net and doing things I didn't see often last year, but he's still Scott Gomez, we'll see if it carries on into the season, he hasn't convinced me yet.

For the record, I would love nothing more then for him to get 70 pts and carry this team. I will have np saying I was wrong about him, but I still think it's unlikely. I know some wish he will fail to prove they have been right all along, I don't fall into that category.

I was prohalak and when Carey Price carried the team last year, I had np admitting that I may have misjudged the situation. The same holds true for gomer, I hope he does well. The habs success depends on it, so if this is the gomez we get all year long that can only be a good thing. I still seen some of his poor decisions and turnovers from last year in his game. Hopefully he didn't use up 1/3 of his goals in preseason.

Old
09-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Habs12max

I cant believe you guys actually believe in gomez... I mean, he is bad. Yes the guy can skate, but he is far from a complete player . There are always trends on hfboards but this one is ridiculous. Scott has never been good since he is in mtl.

Old
09-26-2011, 07:37 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I don't, sadly.

Closed Thread