Notices

Value & price of Nik Antropov

Old
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Huffer

vCash: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
So would something like this get it done?

To

C/W Nik Antropov ($4.063M)

Sabres get a needed, big-bodied forward to improve their lacking physical game.

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Ennis-Antropov-Stafford
Leino-Adam-Kaleta
Gerbe-Gaustad-McCormick
X: Ellis, LTIR:Hecht

To

RW/C Brad Boyes ($4M UFA)
RW Corey Tropp ($700K)
2012 2ND RND pick

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Boyes
Glass-Slater-Wellwood
Jaffrey-Stapleton-Fehr
X: Tropp

Jets get a top-6 RW in Boyes (55 pts last year STL/BUF), an excellent forward prospect in 22 year old Corey Tropp (who is near NHL-ready) & a 2nd RND pick this year.

Thoughts?
I don't know about that deal Blitz. Admittedly, I don't know anything about Tropp. But his bio paints him to MAYBE pan out to be a checking winger. At this point, we have plenty of those.

So the deal would be dealing Antro who has another year and is a mentor to Burmi and playing very well as previously mentioned, for a rental of Boyes and a 2nd.

I just don't see enough there to get the Jets to bite the bullet.

What the Jets need is higher end wing talent. I would rather see something around the Jets getting Armia.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:

To

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Ennis-Antropov-Stafford
Leino-Adam-Kaleta
Gerbe-Gaustad-McCormick

To

RW Corey Tropp ($700K)
2012 2ND RND pick

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Boyes
Glass-Slater-Wellwood
Jaffrey-Stapleton-Fehr

Jets get a top-6 RW in Boyes (55 pts last year STL/BUF), an excellent forward prospect in 22 year old Corey Tropp (who is near NHL-ready) & a 2nd RND pick this year.

Thoughts?
Not IMO. Then again I am not a Boyes fan AT ALL, but we really really need Antro's size down the middle, Little/Burmistrov/Slater/Stapleton is likely the smallest center corps in the league, Antro adds elite level puck control and passing which is something that is sorely lacking on this team Boyes does not add those things. Tropp and a 2nd are not value enough given the current situation in Winnipeg, IMO. Right now Antro is just too damn important, even on a rebuilding team.

EDIT: Not Armia for me Huffer, he has real work ethic and character issues from what I have heard, not interested at all.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Zhamnov10

I would say Kassian for antro and a couple players either way to make up any money issue.Maybe even stafford instead of kassian.overpayment for antro but his value as said before is at a high.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 947
Quote:

To

Vanek-Roy-Pominville
Ennis-Antropov-Stafford
Leino-Adam-Kaleta
Gerbe-Gaustad-McCormick

To

RW Corey Tropp ($700K)
2012 2ND RND pick

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Boyes
Glass-Slater-Wellwood
Jaffrey-Stapleton-Fehr

Thoughts?
Aside from the fact that Antropov is crucial as a mentor for Burmi, that's not enough for him. I can't say I'm familiar with Tropp but a 22 year old prospect at forward is generally not very good. We have no real need for Boyes, especially as a rental/salary dump. Essentially we'd be giving up our best center, who I see putting up >70 pts this year and as a key veteran role-model on a young team, for a 2nd round pick.

If the Jets were to give up Antro, I'd hope they'd get at least a first round pick out of it. Even then, I'd be worried that we have a young team without the veterans to help them develop, which means that pick isn't worth as much. What he's worth to the Jets is far more than what he'd be worth to any other team. That's why I don't see him going anywhere. Similar situation as Stuart.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
PostmanPat1919

How about adding Zach Kassian into the mix:

Nik Antropov - $4.063M

Brad Boyes - $4M UFA
Zach Kassian - $870K
2nd Round 2012

Antropov is an important piece in Winnipeg at the moment, so it'll require paying a pretty decent chunk of value to land him in a trade. Or maybe move Luke Adam into the mix so the Jets can get a young scoring centre in return. Again, Winnipeg values Antropov likely higher than other clubs do at this point.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
How about adding Zach Kassian into the mix:

Nik Antropov - $4.063M

Brad Boyes - $4M UFA
Zach Kassian - $870K
2nd Round 2012

Antropov is an important piece in Winnipeg at the moment, so it'll require paying a pretty decent chunk of value to land him in a trade. Or maybe move Luke Adam into the mix so the Jets can get a young scoring centre in return. Again, Winnipeg values Antropov likely higher than other clubs do at this point.
I was thinking the same thing in trying to get Adam, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo wouldn't even do that trade straight up for Antro... Adam has more points, is big and strong and is only 21... give them Wheeler with antro (scared to give up on him so quick though, cuz he will light it up as soon as he is traded) and take a mid round pick back..
Also what's up with Ennis... 0 points 7 gp, 20 goals last year... sounds like our version of Brian Little... buy low once his ankle is better??

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Okay, I'll try again...

To

To

RW Drew Stafford ($4M)
RW Corey Tropp ($700K)
2012 3rd RND pick

Stafford is a guaranteed top-6 (possibly top-3) guy with size who is locked up for a few years. I'm gonna have to be realistic after that though, as there is no way Regier moves Kassian or Armia at this point - Honestly, Tropp has looked really good this year in a couple of callup opportunities - Lots of upside.

I would also prefer not to give up a 2nd & Stafford, although if it meant "deal or no deal" I would do it personally.

Thoughts?

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Hey Blitz. You lived in Brandon at one time. Tell us that the Jets are at least your number 2 team

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Scoreburn

You should have asked in the pre-season.

Scoreburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Okay, I'll try again...

To

To

RW Drew Stafford ($4M)
RW Corey Tropp ($700K)
2012 3rd RND pick

Stafford is a guaranteed top-6 (possibly top-3) guy with size who is locked up for a few years. I'm gonna have to be realistic after that though, as there is no way Regier moves Kassian or Armia at this point - Honestly, Tropp has looked really good this year in a couple of callup opportunities - Lots of upside.

I would also prefer not to give up a 2nd & Stafford, although if it meant "deal or no deal" I would do it personally.

Thoughts?
I think that would be tough to refuse. I honestly thought Antropov was trade bait before the season started, but have been happy to be 100% wrong so far. As much as it would suck to lose him, a deal like that could help us next year if Schiefele is ready to step in and be a #2 centre. Then our top 6 would be LW: Kane and Ladd, C: Little and Schiefele, RW: Stafford and Burmistrov.

Old
11-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Joe Hallenback

I would still rather have Kassian then Tropp

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I would still rather have Kassian then Tropp
Me too. If someone can figure out a way to get Kassian out of Buffalo with Antropov as the main piece I would all ears!

Old
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Antropov is too important for the development of Burmistrov, both on and off the ice. His value to the Jets is much higher than his value to any other team for this reason.

Antropov was my least favorite Jet at the beginning of the season but after watching him play he has become one of my favorites. He's way better than when he played for the Leafs. He crashes the net now (and pissed off Roloson the other night doing so) and is incredibly strong on the puck.
This, and the only guy I would want in return from you guys that would be plausible, would be Luke Adam (another big body) or Tyler Ennis. Love that diminutive forward. Great hockey IQ! Since neither will happen, I say that this is a moot discussion! Also, I hate all this armchair GM crap. One thing that annoys me about the HF boards is fans who come into other team forums and asking what their players would cost. Like we're the actual GMs of the respective NHL teams. Give the real GMs a ring, and see if they get back to you.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
I personally don't think Buffalo could offer what it takes to get him, given their cap situation.

I also think Antropov has the added bonus of being a mentor for future Russian players (especially if we resign him) given the amount of top level Russians that our available in the 2012 draft.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
This, and the only guy I would want in return from you guys that would be plausible, would be Luke Adam (another big body) or Tyler Ennis. Love that diminutive forward. Great hockey IQ! Since neither will happen, I say that this is a moot discussion! Also, I hate all this armchair GM crap. One thing that annoys me about the HF boards is fans who come into other team forums and asking what their players would cost. Like we're the actual GMs of the respective NHL teams. Give the real GMs a ring, and see if they get back to you.
The OP has come to our forum and has been nothing but respectful. There's no need for comments that try to deter other fans from joining in discussions here. If you don't like this thread topic, I suggest you don't read or comment on it.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Me too. If someone can figure out a way to get Kassian out of Buffalo with Antropov as the main piece I would all ears!
Buffalo needs to add grit and toughness to their lineup now and in the future. They'd probably want Slater/Thorburn, or a prospect like Klingberg/Cormier. I'd be open to giving up Cormier as part of the deal, if the right pieces were coming back to the Jets (Adam/Kassian + Stafford + 2nd/3rd). It might be overpayment, but like others have mentioned Antro is worth too much to the Jets right now.

Old
11-18-2011, 06:10 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
The OP has come to our forum and has been nothing but respectful. There's no need for comments that try to deter other fans from joining in discussions here. If you don't like this thread topic, I suggest you don't read or comment on it.
Relax! I am not saying he came here in a disrespectful manner. Just saying that this armchair GM stuff is redundant and unnecessary because lets face it, there is nothing we can do. We're not the actual GM. It's just frivolous good fun, I get it. But, I don't get the point in it. Oh yes, we can day dream who could be on our team for a day. Point is, it is a pointless discussion. Only guy who can get this done is Chevy, and that's with the idea he actually wants to move Ant.

You're right though, I'll steer clear from these kind of threads from now on. Much more productive things to do. Carry on Mr. Armchair GMs!

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Buffalo needs to add grit and toughness to their lineup now and in the future. They'd probably want Slater/Thorburn, or a prospect like Klingberg/Cormier. I'd be open to giving up Cormier as part of the deal, if the right pieces were coming back to the Jets (Adam/Kassian + Stafford + 2nd/3rd). It might be overpayment, but like others have mentioned Antro is worth too much to the Jets right now.
I would trade Antro + either one of Cormier or Klingberg if it got us one of Adam/Kassian + Stafford. Never mind the extra pick.

Old
11-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
I would trade Antro + either one of Cormier or Klingberg if it got us one of Adam/Kassian + Stafford. Never mind the extra pick.
So would I.

Old
11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
ZetterBurger

im more interested in how jets fans feel about trading bogosian or kane to the wings. It is my one and only dream. Can't you please help my wish come true?

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:56 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
I think that would be tough to refuse. I honestly thought Antropov was trade bait before the season started, but have been happy to be 100% wrong so far. As much as it would suck to lose him, a deal like that could help us next year if Schiefele is ready to step in and be a #2 centre. Then our top 6 would be LW: Kane and Ladd, C: Little and Schiefele, RW: Stafford and Burmistrov.
Does Buffalo want something like this? Stafford I can see but Tropp is gonna be a very good player in the NHL I think. Is Antropov really worth that much?

Old
11-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
im more interested in how jets fans feel about trading bogosian or kane to the wings. It is my one and only dream. Can't you please help my wish come true?
That would require Detroit trading, plus trading big. That's just not going to happen.

Sweech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:32 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
That would require Detroit trading, plus trading big. That's just not going to happen.
Isn't Bogosian a UFA at the end of the year? or RFA? I forget. Regardless I think it is possible and I know Kane is a stretch and draft picks are more valuable to DET now more than ever but i would send a 1st and 2nd with two nhlers for kane.

Old
11-18-2011, 11:35 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Don't Adam and Kassian have grit and toughness? Of course not the level of Slater/Thorburn but those guys in Buf seem too good to give up in an overpaying situation. They would be more like key pieces in a trade, right?

Old
11-19-2011, 12:01 AM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
Isn't Bogosian a UFA at the end of the year? or RFA? I forget. Regardless I think it is possible and I know Kane is a stretch and draft picks are more valuable to DET now more than ever but i would send a 1st and 2nd with two nhlers for kane.
Kane is an RFA at the end of the year. Bogosian just signed a two year deal and will have another 2 RFA years at the end of that contract.

For either player the Jets would want an elite prospect of comparable ability and potential at the very least, not to mention high picks.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote