HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is this accurate??

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

vCash: 500
Is this accurate??

Chipchura looks like a future Michael Peca only with better size

Old
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I dunno... there's something more... "dynamic" about Peca (the prototypical Peca-at-his-peak Peca, anyway), than the impression I have of Chipchura. Chipchura seems more "controlled" about his relentless hard work, whereas Peca at his best was a bit more kamikaze. I still like the Linden comparison best for Chipchura, but I'll need to see a lot more of him first, of course.

Old
09-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I dunno... there's something more... "dynamic" about Peca (the prototypical Peca-at-his-peak Peca, anyway), than the impression I have of Chipchura. Chipchura seems more "controlled" about his relentless hard work, whereas Peca at his best was a bit more kamikaze. I still like the Linden comparison best for Chipchura, but I'll need to see a lot more of him first, of course.
I agree. Chipchura is not as aggressive as Peca. Higgins on the other hand can be the next Peca.

Old
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I agree. Chipchura is not as aggressive as Peca. Higgins on the other hand can be the next Peca.
Will he be bigger, too? 'Coz everyone wants a bigger Peca.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
I dont agree, I dont see many similarities in Higgins and Pecas games other then they are two way forwards. Higgins is more of a shooter and less of a hitter, Peca also has more intensity. Peca can almost be considered a legit number 1 center at his best which Higgins will never be, especially now that he's on the LW.

the Chipchura/Linden comparisons are pretty good though.

Old
09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Will he be bigger, too? 'Coz everyone wants a bigger Peca.
My Peca is big enough, thank you.

Old
09-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I dont agree, I dont see many similarities in Higgins and Pecas games other then they are two way forwards. Higgins is more of a shooter and less of a hitter, Peca also has more intensity. Peca can almost be considered a legit number 1 center at his best which Higgins will never be, especially now that he's on the LW.

the Chipchura/Linden comparisons are pretty good though.
I hope Chipchura turns out better than Linden. As I think Linden is grossly overrated. He did little when he was in Montreal.

Old
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Higgnis reminds me more of the next Brian Rolston than Peca. Higgins has better hands and speed than Peca

Old
09-13-2004, 05:15 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I hope Chipchura turns out better than Linden. As I think Linden is grossly overrated. He did little when he was in Montreal.

so ,for you ,Linden is grossly overrated because he was not good the year he was with montreal.

first 8 season of linden ;

611 g p 231 g 277 a , total 508 points average 0.83 and 6 season of 30 and + goals

saku koivu 8 season ( didn't take the 02-03 season )

497 gp 120 g 278 a , total 398 average 0.80 and 1 season with 21 goals...

you can say that Koivu missed a lot of game because of injuries but at the end ,Linden produced 213 more points ...

to be compare to him is already exellent

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 09-13-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old
09-13-2004, 05:38 PM
FTK

Higgins reminds me of Chris Drury. The Linden/Chipchura is valid.

Old
09-13-2004, 10:18 PM
tritone

Quote:
I'd rather have a Linden in his prime than a Peca in his prime on the Montreal Canadiens .
Main reasons 1 . Size (we keep saying habs need more size..here it is
2. Offensive skill with sound two-way play . Linden was quite the offensive threat in his hay day .

I prefer the comparison of Linden more than Peca and I believe it is much closer to what Chipchura could be anyway .

Old
09-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Which version of Linden are you talking about? The 15-20 goal guy with excellent smarts and tremendous leadership? Or the 30+ goal Trevor Linden with the smarts and leadership? I think Linden's game has evolved into 2 different segments.

Old
09-14-2004, 03:45 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
so ,for you ,Linden is grossly overrated because he was not good the year he was with montreal.

first 8 season of linden ;

611 g p 231 g 277 a , total 508 points average 0.83 and 6 season of 30 and + goals

saku koivu 8 season ( didn't take the 02-03 season )

497 gp 120 g 278 a , total 398 average 0.80 and 1 season with 21 goals...

you can say that Koivu missed a lot of game because of injuries but at the end ,Linden produced 213 more points ...

to be compare to him is already exellent
Bure gave Linden most of those points early in his career. You are comparing apples to oranges. Linden is one of the most overrated players in the NHL.

Linden was here more than a year. We paid him 4.5 million for 4 years and gave up a top 10 first rounder. That was one of the worse deals in team history.

Let's hope Chipchura turns out much better

Old
09-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Which version of Linden are you talking about? The 15-20 goal guy with excellent smarts and tremendous leadership? Or the 30+ goal Trevor Linden with the smarts and leadership? I think Linden's game has evolved into 2 different segments.
The 15-20 goal guy with excellent smarts and tremendous leadership.

(Although, it's a little bit hard to compare across eras... the 30 goal Trevor Linden of '88 to '96 probably wouldn't have had any 30 goal or 80 point seasons in 2003-04 either.)

Old
09-14-2004, 08:01 AM
Darz

Quote:
Bure gave Linden most of those points early in his career. You are comparing apples to oranges. Linden is one of the most overrated players in the NHL.

Linden was here more than a year. We paid him 4.5 million for 4 years and gave up a top 10 first rounder. That was one of the worse deals in team history.

Let's hope Chipchura turns out much better
I really don't agree with your assessment of Linden. Alot of the smartest minds in hockey love this guy and it has nothing to do with the stats. He has been named to all star teams, olympic teams, 4 GM's felt strongly enough to trade quite a bit to acquire the guy, etc. His time in Montreal sure wasn't the best in his career, but injuries and a depleted habs lineup on a nightly basis had alot to do with that.

I think if Chipchura can come close to playing the 1161 NHL games that Linden has I would consider that pretty good. If Chipchura is named to the olympic team once in his career I think that would be great, if Chipchura can provide the leadership that Linden has over the years, that would be great, if Chipchura can appear in numerous all star games in his career, or be named runner up for the Calder his first year in the league that would all be great.

Old
09-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
You based what you said of Linden from the 1 year he play in Mtl which is about 80 games out of 1100 games.

When he comes in Mtl that year, he was overrated and when he left... i wont comment

But take this guy career has a whole and you will find you are probably the one underrating him big time out there.

If chips became what Linden was in his good years, (not counting the points total as it's different now) then we got a hell of a player in my book.

Closed Thread