HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/17/11 - 7:30PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
LateNightOilerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
They threw two forwards up for most of the night, if anything it was a 2-1-2.

I got to talk to the Pens TV guys about the whole 1-3-1 thing and they had a good laugh, talked about Bylsma using it but asking him about it and kind of gave a ho-hum about calling it that and said "its just our defensive structure" and all that. Good stuff.
I'm watching the game now and they talked about it during the 2nd. I like that they said there's a misconception about the Bolts using it all the time when they don't.

Other than that, it's kind of painful listening to everything else they're saying - wish I had recorded the Bolts feed - but it's nice watching the win regardless!

Old
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

For as much **** as I usually give them, they were really well spoken about it and even admitted using very similar defensive structure helped carry a team that was missing Malkin and Crosby for a lot of time last year. I asked them what they thought about it coming up and they said "sounds like whining". Good stuff.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
zeykshade

How did the Root Sports feed handle Neal's spearing of Roli and Niskanen's poo-flinging monkey rage on Stamkos?

Old
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
They called out Neal on spearing Rolly, talking about frustration and stuff. Barely mentioned Niskanen except with chuckles.

To hear them tell it though, every five seconds Tampa committed a penalty. It was annoying.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:09 PM
zeykshade

Lol, so they're wannabe Jack Edwards's. Still think he's the ultimate homer.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:54 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Boucher produces boring hockey! I was bored! Boring!

Old
11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Is the game over yet??

Old
11-18-2011, 12:44 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Boucher produces boring hockey! I was bored! Boring!
That GDT is hilarious. Apparently we are just fluking into winning against them, tonight and last year in the playoffs. Also they blame injuries (how long can they use that excuse, isnt there a statute of limitations) and honestly its really one guy and youre team shouldnt need one guy to win and they have proven that already so stop using it as an excuse when you do lose. Also the guy who said he was there tonight and he hates the arena, dont come back then schmuck.

Its hilarious how they all are saying its boring hockey (its not, at all), compared to when they played Carolina and Colorado, you know, the games they won. Funny how that works.

Oh and people on the main board saying the spear from Neal on Roli was just a strong hockey play. Seriously? How much more of a blatant spear can you get? Heres a vid for anyone who missed it.

The main board thread I started is becoming absolutely hilarious. Do yourselves a favor and check it out.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 11-18-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Removed unneeded comment
Old
11-18-2011, 05:52 AM
DangleDoppler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Bru was a bro there when he picked up Roloson's stick, but Roli can't accept it like that. For whatever reason, I think a skater is allowed to give a goalie his stick, but is not allowed to give a goalie his own stick.
I know you're not allowed to have two sticks in your hand at a time that's a penalty...

Old
11-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDoppler View Post
I know you're not allowed to have two sticks in your hand at a time that's a penalty...
I believe that's the reason. I had a roundabout explanation.

We got penalized last year for it once, with I believe the same actors (Brewer and Roloson)

Although, I seem to recall what actually happened though was that Roloson lost his stick, Brewer lost or broke his, and picked up Roloson's. When it was clear, he handed it back to Roloson, and began skating back to the bench, but still got the penalty. I may very well be wrong in this recollection.

Or, Roloson might have broken his stick, and Brewer picked up a goalie stick from the bench and brought it to him. Since goalies normally can't cross the center line during play and it was the second period (long change) he wouldn't have been able to get it himself, not to mention the danger that creates.

I'm not certain on the center line rule though. That doesn't seem to be a hard and fast type rule, as a goalie will skate off on a delayed penalty with no issue.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 11-18-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old
11-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Shotblocking was amazing as Roloson pointed out, shows the guys really wanna win no matter if it hurts or not.

11-18-2011, 08:55 AM
DekeR

shot blocking, goaltending and special teams were the difference last night. Not whose trap play in the neutral zone is more boring type of talk. What is it with Pa. teams? is there a secret ingredient in the water system that makes hypocrites out of Pa. teams?

Last edited by DekeR: 11-18-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old
11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan

That's... a scary looking "smile" in that pic.

Old
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
BoltSTH

We do no play 1-3-1 2-1-2 or 2-2-1 we play 5 (pack mentality).

Old
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

I love the feeling of superiority the Penguins fans seem to have. Nothing but a bunch of whining and baseless complaints (We didn't even go into the 1-3-1 last night) in their GDT over there. It's our fault for trapping the whole game and playing a boring brand of hockey and thus the Penguins lost, shame on us.

Nevermind the fact that their PP still can't do jack **** against us, we still own their PK, Fleury's 5 hole is so big you could drive a Mac Truck through there, and Letang is a turnover machine. But none of that is a factor because they have one injured player! Woe is me! It's hilarious. Everyone gets so hyped up on the whole 1-3-1 thing that they forget there's actually a pretty good hockey team here.

Funny to see Dominic Moore set up the GWG against them again though.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Hey guys, nice win yesterday.

Been hearing that has been a lot of whining by the pens about 1-3-1 in a game that we haven't use it... gotta love people that don't have a clue

Closed Thread