HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TJ Brennan (Recalled/Assigned/Recalled)

Old
11-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Weber may be out for a little while, I'd assume. Also, they're on the road tomorrow: What if someone wakes up with the flu? They'd be scrambling. While Brennan is a solid AHL player, the Amerks can get by without him due to their bevy of defensemen. Just playing it safe.
Yep. A spare on the road, pay him for a couple of days, send him back if not needed on the weekend.

11-17-2011, 08:03 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Still a tad awkward..but that's why I am posting here and not sitting in the First Niagara offices.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProngersEyeball View Post
Still a tad awkward..but that's why I am posting here and not sitting in the First Niagara offices.
They've had a number of guys over the years who have ranged from sound to downright terrible on the farm who wind up showing something on the recall.

It's also interesting that he's been playing better (at least offensively) for a couple weeks and gets tapped for the recall assignment. They can get a look at him up close, perhaps even in game action, and assess where he is at. He gets to see how NHLers do it (although, let's hope he doesn't spend too much time picking up some of the Sabres current habits.... ).

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres19892 View Post
This doesn't make much sense. Unless they are keeping Gragnani benched or playing him at forward?
FWIW, Hamilton thinks Brennan is just insurance in the # 7 spot - that Gragnani will dress for Weber.

http://wgr550.com/Sabres-call-up-TJ-Brennan/11493669

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:02 PM
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
They've had a number of guys over the years who have ranged from sound to downright terrible on the farm who wind up showing something on the recall.

It's also interesting that he's been playing better (at least offensively) for a couple weeks and gets tapped for the recall assignment. They can get a look at him up close, perhaps even in game action, and assess where he is at. He gets to see how NHLers do it (although, let's hope he doesn't spend too much time picking up some of the Sabres current habits.... ).
Sekera comes to mind immediately when it comes to guys who fit that statement. He was awful in the couple of games I saw him in Rochester, and heard much of the same from some of the Amerk regulars...got called up and played a quiet and dependable game at the NHL level.

I'm gonna be going to my first Amerks game since the Sabres/Amerks broke affiliation way back when. Bit disappointed I won't get to see TJ. Ah well.

misterchainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

Enroth pops into my mind of guys who showed much better at NHL level.

Sabres Fan UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 05:10 AM
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres Fan UK View Post
Enroth's career AHL statistics are better than his career NHL statistics, even after his hot start to the season. Let's not get carried away.

misterchainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 06:08 AM
HiddenInLight

Didn't brennon make a pretty good showing of himself during the preseason this year? Either way id like to see him play over grags...I have little patience left for mag....

Only thing that worries me is that I have a little inkling in the back of my head that webber has a concussion....which would explain the recall.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres Fan UK View Post
Pyatt is another.

Old
11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Pyatt is another.
Well that makes sense. More money at NHL level = bigger purse.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Didn't brennon make a pretty good showing of himself during the preseason this year? Either way id like to see him play over grags...I have little patience left for mag....

Only thing that worries me is that I have a little inkling in the back of my head that webber has a concussion....which would explain the recall.
No. I thought he was the only defenseman worse than Weber in the preseason. (And before I get attacked by the Weber fans, Grags wasn't that good in preseason, either.) Also, I checked out the Amerks home opener when I was in Rochester for a wedding that weekend, and Brennan was the worst player on the ice in that game. Amerks fans seem to think he's been better recently, but I wonder if he can hack it in the NHL. I'd be surprised if he plays during his callup, frankly.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:15 PM
hockey18

GIve me a break, a traditionally slow starter. Might have been one of the better players on the ice wed night. He will be fine. One way or another, he will make it to the NHL>

hockey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
No. I thought he was the only defenseman worse than Weber in the preseason. (And before I get attacked by the Weber fans, Grags wasn't that good in preseason, either.) Also, I checked out the Amerks home opener when I was in Rochester for a wedding that weekend, and Brennan was the worst player on the ice in that game. Amerks fans seem to think he's been better recently, but I wonder if he can hack it in the NHL. I'd be surprised if he plays during his callup, frankly.
Brennan might have to follow the Gragnani path to the NHL--head to Rochester for a 4th year (and maybe even 5th year). We always knew he was raw when we drafted him and that he was a long-term project, might as well be patient given our excellent prospect depth. Only downside is would he get jumped in the depth chart and miss out on any available spots to Pysyk/McNabb/Schiestel.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Brennan might have to follow the Gragnani path to the NHL--head to Rochester for a 4th year (and maybe even 5th year). We always knew he was raw when we drafted him and that he was a long-term project, might as well be patient given our excellent prospect depth. Only downside is would he get jumped in the depth chart and miss out on any available spots to Pysyk/McNabb/Schiestel.
Yeah, we'll see. I think if we're moving any of the defensive prospects, he'd be the most likely. Teams could be very interested in his point totals.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:54 PM
jfb392

According to the AHL transactions page, Brennan has already been re-assigned to Rochester.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
According to the AHL transactions page, Brennan has already been re-assigned to Rochester.
Precautionary measure it is.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:35 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Precautionary measure it is.
Lucky guy made the equivalent of what he'd earn in almost two weeks in the AHL to watch a game from the press box.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Enroth's career AHL statistics are better than his career NHL statistics, even after his hot start to the season. Let's not get carried away.
Stats are stats, but don't forget he was getting beaten out by Leggio. Now, Leggio is a really good goalie at the AHL level and could probably push anyone who would reasonably be in that league, but still. I don't think anyone would argue against the assertion that Enroth's progression at the AHL level was pretty stagnant.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Techno Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Stats are stats, but don't forget he was getting beaten out by Leggio. Now, Leggio is a really good goalie at the AHL level and could probably push anyone who would reasonably be in that league, but still. I don't think anyone would argue against the assertion that Enroth's progression at the AHL level was pretty stagnant.
He wasn't going to lose his job to David Leggio by any stretch of the imagination. He's better, that's why he's in the NHL

Techno Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:30 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Brennan recalled again today.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=602488

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Afino
The Juice

Guess Myers is serious.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
Guess Myers is serious.
Or he's questionable for Wednesday and it's a precautionary measure again. I think it's a safe assumption that he'll miss at least Wednesday but I think saying it's serious because Brennan was recalled is a reach.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:56 AM
gallagt01

We've got a couple of days before the game. My guess is Myers will likely be ready to go, but is being held out of practice at the moment. Recalling Brennan to work with the big boys in practice as the 7th defenseman for a couple of days is a good call.

I hope to god Myers isn't out. Outside of that horrible play on the BizNasty goal, he's been very good since his benching.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:01 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
We've got a couple of days before the game. My guess is Myers will likely be ready to go, but is being held out of practice at the moment. Recalling Brennan to work with the big boys in practice as the 7th defenseman for a couple of days is a good call.

I hope to god Myers isn't out. Outside of that horrible play on the BizNasty goal, he's been very good since his benching.
Nope.

Quote:
Bill Hoppe: #Sabres Tyler Myers had wrist surgery today, out at least a month. #Buffalo

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

vCash: 50
Well.... one of the clubs supposed strengths is defensive depth. That will be tested.

Good luck TJ.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote