Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

G Jakub Kovář

Old
05-18-2012, 07:37 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
G Jakub Kovář

I would like to ask you, guys, what do you think about near future of czech goalie Jakub Kovář. He has valid contract with Ceske Budejovice for next season, but he said during online intweview this: "yes, I have some offers, all depends on Ceske Budejovice"
Quote:
OTÁZKA: Cau, rysujou se ti uz nejake nabidky z KHL nebo odjinud?

ODPOVĚĎ: Už pár týmů zájem projevilo a všechno je tak nějak v řešení. Hlavně záleží na postoji Českých Budějovic, které mě mají ještě rok pod smlouvou.
http://hokej.idnes.cz/ptejte-se-hoke...edi.asp?t=KOV2

google
Quote:
QUESTION: Hi, Do you have some offers from the KHL or elsewhere?

ANSWER: Have a couple teams expressed interest, and everything is somehow in the solution. Mainly depends on the attitude of Czech Budejovice, which I still have a year under contract.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I would like to ask you, guys, what do you think about near future of czech goalie Jakub Kovář. He has valid contract with Ceske Budejovice for next season, but he said during online intweview this: "yes, I have some offers, all depends on Ceske Budejovice"

http://hokej.idnes.cz/ptejte-se-hoke...edi.asp?t=KOV2

google
I wonder if he'll ever come to the NHL. He seems like a good goalie, but would likely need a season in the AHL to get used to the North American game again.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 12:52 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I wonder if he'll ever come to the NHL. He seems like a good goalie, but would likely need a season in the AHL to get used to the North American game again.
I think he would be interested to do that. But I'm not sure if his club will release him as he is still under contract. They have nobody to replace him right now and he's basically the most important player of that team. Everything probably depends on if they find some other goalie + the club that wants him would have to pay money to get him out of his contract. I don't know if NHL/AHL teams ever do that.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:43 PM
DrunkElkCZ

vCash: 377
Well after I saw what Bryz and Bob do this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Philly offered him a contract . By the way, do Flyers still owe rights for Kovar in NHL right?

DrunkElkCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
Well after I saw what Bryz and Bob do this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Philly offered him a contract . By the way, do Flyers still owe rights for Kovar in NHL right?
Yes, Flyers still holds his rights.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I think he would be interested to do that. But I'm not sure if his club will release him as he is still under contract. They have nobody to replace him right now and he's basically the most important player of that team. Everything probably depends on if they find some other goalie + the club that wants him would have to pay money to get him out of his contract. I don't know if NHL/AHL teams ever do that.
I don't think they're allowed to under the CBA. However, they are able to give him a signing bonus that can be used to (help) buyout his current contract. I think he has what it takes to be in the NHL, but we'll have to wait and see what Philly decides to do this summer.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote