HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet to play in Germany??

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
  #1
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Huet to play in Germany??

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/162540.html

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
  #2
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
No question about it, there will be a lock out.

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
  #3
5_for_fighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: quebec
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothskater
No question about it, there will be a lock out.
Pierre Boivin this noon on TQS said the owners and the nhlpa were worlds apart

5_for_fighting is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 01:21 PM
  #4
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
Pierre Boivin this noon on TQS said the owners and the nhlpa were worlds apart
Why cant they just stop acting like kids and realize that they are adults and act like adults to fix this whole thing??? If it were only that simple..

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 01:24 PM
  #5
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Unless the players do a total change of heart, there will be a lenghty lock-out.

Tuesday's night game will probably be the last NHL caliber hockey we see this season.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
  #6
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
NHL Hockey needs a major overhaul and the problem isn't only monetary. As a fan, I'd like to see:

1) Six fewer teams in the NHL to reduce dilution of talent. 24 teams is plenty.

2) Adopt the Olympic rink dimensions. Make renovations if necessary. The fast skillful players have to be given an advantage over the brutes. The trap was invented by the Europeans. Played on North American smaller rinks the trap simply makes the game boring to death.

3) Come back to 1 ref and 2 linesmen. There's no room for two refs on the ice.

rocketlives is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 07:49 PM
  #7
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
I dont know guys, I think there is still going to be hockey, they just cant aford a lockout. I predict that something is going to be done last minute. Rerember basse-ball couple years ago. For the longest time they were is the same situation as hockey but some how, some how they got something done at the last minute because they new that it would be bad for the sport.

I am just trying to cheer you guys up. Someone has to stay positif urond here.

oli500 is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 08:12 PM
  #8
SwiftyHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Sorry to bust your bubble, but not only are both sides "worlds apart" and anatagonizing each other but both are ready for at least 1 year of a lockout. Theres been a lot of talk about the owners $300 fund, but very little is mentioned about the NHLPA secretly saving for the last 4 years to insure full salary of the players for 2 years of a lockout hoping that the owners will snap before the players get desperate.
All in all, get ready for a long cold winter.

SwiftyHab is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 08:50 PM
  #9
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftyHab
Sorry to bust your bubble, but not only are both sides "worlds apart" and anatagonizing each other but both are ready for at least 1 year of a lockout. Theres been a lot of talk about the owners $300 fund, but very little is mentioned about the NHLPA secretly saving for the last 4 years to insure full salary of the players for 2 years of a lockout hoping that the owners will snap before the players get desperate.
All in all, get ready for a long cold winter.
if thats the case the players have got to realize that if the lock out last a year there is going to be atleast 3 to 4 teams gone before hockey starts again . Wich means alot players well loose theire jobs. im sure the players are aware of that and are going to want to do something about it. The only way to save some teams is to have hockey in october, that is why I think something is going to be done.

oli500 is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 08:52 PM
  #10
5_for_fighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: quebec
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
NHL Hockey needs a major overhaul and the problem isn't only monetary. As a fan, I'd like to see:

1) Six fewer teams in the NHL to reduce dilution of talent. 24 teams is plenty.

2) Adopt the Olympic rink dimensions. Make renovations if necessary. The fast skillful players have to be given an advantage over the brutes. The trap was invented by the Europeans. Played on North American smaller rinks the trap simply makes the game boring to death.

3) Come back to 1 ref and 2 linesmen. There's no room for two refs on the ice.
I agree 100% with your post. anyways, one blind fool is enough. and yeah, there's too many teams as it is. it's like adding water to beer. it's still beer, but it's no good anymore

5_for_fighting is offline  
Old
09-13-2004, 08:55 PM
  #11
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,919
vCash: 500
I'm surprised the media is jumping the gun on there being no season.....CALM DOWN!!!

As of right now, there is no pressure for any deal to get done.... the real negotiations will commence at the end of septemeber. Right now, both parties are doing their best tap dance to try to psyche the other party out.

I think we can start gauging how long a lockout could be in a couple of weeks..... these 2 sides are going to play mind games until then.

If you think back to baseball.... they were destined for a strike as they could not agree on anything and then it gets done on the 11th hour just out of the blue. I'm not saying that's gonna happen in hockey but lets wait till the mind games are over before we start predicting a full season lost.

Hackett is offline  
Old
09-14-2004, 08:31 AM
  #12
StanleyCH25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
What I find funny is that if there is a lockout, BOTH sides lose. I don't care how much you saved up for the lockout, but the amount of fans and tv ratings you will lose will far outweigh any amount you saved by not finding a middle ground in the first place.

Hockey is already an afterthought in the US where 3/4 of the league is based. If there's no hockey to look forward to, do you honestly think that corporate sponsorship is going to keep their dollars in their pockets? They are going to spend it elsewhere and when the season resumes it's going to be, "Sorry.. that money is already spent.. maybe next year (if we don't prefer where we spent the money this year)".

Not to mention the amount of true hockey fans they would lose in the process. I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad here in Canada but that's because we bleed hockey. The US is only starting to find a niche in hockey and to stop NHL hockey when there is finally a snowball effect rolling is just stupid.

I don't care what the NHL and NHLPA think they are going to accept or not accept. They are going to have to agree to a 1 year deal to save the season and more importantly the fanbase and corporate sponsorship and then keep working at it every year until it gets resolved.

StanleyCH25 is offline  
Old
09-14-2004, 08:43 AM
  #13
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I dont know guys, I think there is still going to be hockey, they just cant aford a lockout. I predict that something is going to be done last minute. Rerember basse-ball couple years ago. For the longest time they were is the same situation as hockey but some how, some how they got something done at the last minute because they new that it would be bad for the sport.

I am just trying to cheer you guys up. Someone has to stay positif urond here.
I wish you were right.

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Old
09-14-2004, 08:44 AM
  #14
High flyin' Habs*
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to High flyin' Habs* Send a message via MSN to High flyin' Habs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
What I find funny is that if there is a lockout, BOTH sides lose. I don't care how much you saved up for the lockout, but the amount of fans and tv ratings you will lose will far outweigh any amount you saved by not finding a middle ground in the first place.
If thats how it is why cant they understand that??

High flyin' Habs* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.