HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Stewart

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Chris Stewart

I have in him in one of my pools, noticed he is not doing so hot this year to start. Johnson has him tripled in points. Don't hear so much any more about how the Avs got fleeced so badly last year.

With Varly playing as well as he has, Anderson looking brutal, Stewart not producing, its hard for the haters to hate on Sherman's trades thus far.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
shadow1

It's early in the season.

The one that I think is bad is the Ottawa trade, for Ottawa. So much smack talked on the boards, and less than ten games into his new contract it looks like it's going to be a long four years with them and Anderson.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Chris Stewart is awesome and you are a terrible human being for doubting him

Old
10-22-2011, 11:30 PM
AVSfan2daMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Chris Stewart is awesome and you are a terrible human being for doubting him
Power forwards like him don't come around often. Erik Johnson is a bust and Kevin Shattenkirk will be better than him. Lastly, Craig Anderson is the next Patrick Roy.

Honestly, I don't understand why people who have no understanding of hockey think they're smarter than people paid to make hockey decisions. One of the last teams I'd question when it comes to trades and drafting, it would be Sherman and the avs.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 804
I see Stewart as a guy that will score 30 goals 30 assists for a long time. In a career year he might even hit 40 goals. He is a bit streaky but he has excellent hands for a guy his size and he has the speed to blow past sleepy defenders.

Good trade for both teams.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:34 PM
AvsFan7*

I wonder if theres any chance we can get him back this upcoming offseason, while Im glad we have EJ, McClement and Siemens, I was rotted when we lost Stewie, such a great player and great guy, and he had alot of good friends here, I wonder if theres anyway we would be able to get him back, I highly doubt it, but man I miss him in Burgundy/Blue!

Old
10-22-2011, 11:36 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSfan2daMAX View Post
Power forwards like him don't come around often. Erik Johnson is a bust and Kevin Shattenkirk will be better than him. Lastly, Craig Anderson is the next Patrick Roy.

Honestly, I don't understand why people who have no understanding of hockey think they're smarter than people paid to make hockey decisions. One of the last teams I'd question when it comes to trades and drafting, it would be Sherman and the avs.
The EJ trade is a good trade for us, but we should criticize management when they deserve to be criticized.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:38 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
It's still early in the season, and every in his career as well. Time will tell, don't try and judge these trades too quickly.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:47 PM
AVSfan2daMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
The EJ trade is a good trade for us, but we should criticize management when they deserve to be criticized.
I agree. But up to now, the only bad trade was the Hunwick trade. And TBH I'm not sold that Cohen is going to be a world beater either.

Everyone was criticizing them when they drafted Hishon, when they traded Wolski, when they acquired Varlamov, when they acquired Anderson, when they acquired Johnson, etc.

None of those moves have been proven to be bad, but the reaction was as if they did something totally stupid that's incomprehensible.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
It's still early in the season, and every in his career as well. Time will tell, don't try and judge these trades too quickly.
I agree.
Still I am a bit surprised he only got 2 goals so far.
I don't hate Stewart and Shattenkirk and I don't want them to fail just because of some "experts" on the main boards calling the trade stupid whenever Stew scores a goal.
I'd rather want EJ to make this trade look good on our side.

Still I'm expecting ManBearPig to score 40 in a season - maybe not this one but soon.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Elever
Hth

Btw, Shattenkirk who looked terrible defensively for us last year has been fine with STL (not great but passable) and this was last season, not this one so it says something about our defensive coaching imo.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:16 AM
finds71

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Btw, Shattenkirk who looked terrible defensively for us last year has been fine with STL (not great but passable) and this was last season, not this one so it says something about our defensive coaching imo.
I agree. And it should be our priority to have some good defensive coaching and system when we have a EJ still in learning process.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:21 AM
finds71

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post
I wonder if theres any chance we can get him back this upcoming offseason, while Im glad we have EJ, McClement and Siemens, I was rotted when we lost Stewie, such a great player and great guy, and he had alot of good friends here, I wonder if theres anyway we would be able to get him back, I highly doubt it, but man I miss him in Burgundy/Blue!
I'm not a fan of bringing him back. We have Landeskog in the system now, who seems to develop very fast, and who will be in my opinion better all around player than Stewart. Also Jones fills a good spot on the 1st line. I would rather get a sniper or a good top 6 veteran

Old
10-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would say the chances of him coming back to the Avs is : zero.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:48 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Meh, the day he left and immediately ragged on the team and fanbase, I couldn't give a **** for him anymore.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:51 AM
The Shermanator
Butts

I make...good trades?

Old
10-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Mant*

Quote:
I wonder if theres any chance we can get him back this upcoming offseason
Not very likely. They left with bad blood.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:08 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

No way I want Stewart back. I was bummed a bit losing him (more excited to get EJ, though) but when he talked down on the team/fans, I got over it.

Let's be honest, Stewart was a slug defensively, and only gave effort half the time. Don't miss him at all anymore.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Meh, the day he left and immediately ragged on the team and fanbase, I couldn't give a **** for him anymore.
Agreed. After that, nobody wants them back here.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:13 AM
KingSizeKirby
#WhyNotUs?

I dont miss Stewart at all. Rather have EJ.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Not only do we have EJ because of that deal, we have Duncan Siemens in the system too. I'd make that deal again any day of the week and I say this as someone who likes both Stewart and Shattenkirk.

I think it's a win-win in both the short and long term. Both sides seem to be pretty pleased with how they made out.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Mouse21*

dont miss him at all. id rather have Lando any day

Old
10-23-2011, 02:27 AM
PeterTheGreat

I miss Shatty more than I miss Stewart. That kid is a player. Hopefully Elliott or Barrie can be that player for us down the road.

Old
10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

These deals are beginning to look better and better for the Avs.

Maybe Sherman actually knows what's going on...

Last edited by Joe Sakic: 10-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old
10-23-2011, 03:17 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan16 View Post
These deals are beginning to look better and better than the Avs.

Maybe Sherman actually knows what's going on...
Seems like this has often been the case with the Avs even before Sherman, though they don't always work out on our end either...it seems a lot of players that are traded away where the fanbase goes crazy, the player leaving never really does anything in their career after wards.

Closed Thread