HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter asking for a trade? - update: denials all around

View Poll Results: Are the Jackets worse off after the Jeff Carter trade?
Yes - with Jakub Voracek and Sean Couturier, we would have more than three wins. 22 41.51%
No - Jeff Carter has helped this team when he's been in the lineup; we are a better team with him. 31 58.49%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
AreYouHockey

vCash: 500
Carter asking for a trade? - update: denials all around

Per Renaud Lavoie.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/330219.html

What you think?

Old
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohDog View Post
What you think?
I could not care less.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

We've discussed it in the Boston GDT. Most don't fully believe it, but he has floated and seems like eh doesn't care. Would it be surprising? No, but it would be upsetting. He won't be let off easy because of what we gave up. But its not even fact yet. I want to wait before McKenzie and Porty get on this. Say what you want, but Porty is pretty spot on when he talks about players and potential moves out of Columbus (Coming INTO Columbus is a different story.)

But RDS also said Nabakov was traded for Tyutin... soo..

Old
11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Fight Strap

Don't care, trade him for people that want to be here and actually try.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

If he's making a conscious decision to not put forth effort, we have to trade him.

Simple as that.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
DerDrache

Who the hell is going to take on his contract?

Old
11-17-2011, 10:17 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Sure, whatever. Who cares?

Old
11-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Renion

If true, I hope the Jackets eventually get center X, who will mesh well with player Y.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Hah, this guy's contract is UNTRADABLE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BAZILLION JILLION YEARS.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Byrral

The economy sucks and people can't find jobs. Hockey is suppose to be a release for people looking to be happy about something while supporting the local team. And the local team is crapping the bed. I could care less if Carter does or doesn't want to be traded. He can also take the rest of the team, the coaches and the owners out of town with him. The last thing I want to hear is some millionaire athlete pouting because he doesn't like his job. I'll switch with you any time you're ready.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Hah, this guy's contract is UNTRADABLE. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BAZILLION JILLION YEARS.
For once I would make a great player stay! I don't care if he wants out or not, our problem is that we have players that should go but want to stay here!

If I where GM Carter would be in my office in the morning to discuss this article, and I would have a French speaking student from OSU there as well..

I understand why Carter may want to be traded but too bad, he can tell his grandkids that he didn’t make the HOF or win a Stanley Cup because of ill-timed arrogance…

Enough is enough.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
If true, I hope the Jackets eventually get center X, who will mesh well with player Y.
Been working on that for a decade.... or close.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:10 PM
CBJCougar

This is actually old news. I think he was trying to be traded before he got here, hence the tears.

Too bad, Candy Ass. You're here. Man up and play.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:12 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
For once I would make a great player stay! I don't care if he wants out or not, our problem is that we have players that should go but want to stay here!

If I where GM Carter would be in my office in the morning to discuss this article, and I would have a French speaking student from OSU there as well..

I understand why Carter may want to be traded but too bad, he can tell his grandkids that he didn’t make the HOF or win a Stanley Cup because of ill-timed arrogance…

Enough is enough.
and yet when you have a guy who is like this, the fans crap on him whenever it suits them. see: Nash, Rick

Old
11-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

In any case, no one seems to know what the landscape of the NHL is going to look out in the aftermath of the 2012 CBA negotiations. A very long-term deal for a fairly low cap hit for a player of Carter's caliber will always be enticing.

Dare I say that it's enough to basically put his value on the same level as Nash, even though Nash is the superior player.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Dead Horse

make it so, number one

Old
11-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Enough is enough.
Have you ever seen the movie "Ragtime"?

The terrorists (featuring a young Samuel L. Jackson) take over the museum, and a man bursts through the crowd and tells the police commissioner (Jimmy Cagney) that there are priceless artifacts that must be preserved. Cagney said something like "As long as they're up there and you're down here, you're not the curator of anything."

If there's someone who doesn't want to be around, you trade him. I'm in favor of keeping him to extract the maximum value from a trading partner, but if you keep him around and let him poison other players directly or indirectly, the front office is no longer the curator of anything.

See Nikita Filatov in 2009-10 for an example.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:32 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems so obvious now that the team shouldn't have traded for a guy who thinks he's signed up to play somewhere else (the place that he calls home) for the next 12 years of his life. I feel real bad for the guy. I hope you guys can get back the same value you gave up to get him and just forget it ever happened.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
and yet when you have a guy who is like this, the fans crap on him whenever it suits them. see: Nash, Rick
I know where you are going Wooten, lets take a look at the facts:

Rick Nash, drafted by Columbus in 2002 (1/1).....

Jeff Carter, acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers 6/23/2011.....

BIG difference! If Jeff Carter is dogging it after three or four years yeah, he will be crapped on.

Last edited by Robert: 11-17-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
BluejacketNut

Youre never going to get a star who wants to be traded here....its the risk you take in trading. The guy signed an 11 year contract to be where he wanted to be, then got shipped to a place that would have probably been 29th or 30th on his list of teams to go to. Who knows if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at all. If he was on a 3 year contract, maybe it wouldnt be a big deal to him, but how would you feel if you got sent to prison for 11 years

Old
11-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Lixxiq
@Lixxiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Youre never going to get a star who wants to be traded here....its the risk you take in trading. The guy signed an 11 year contract to be where he wanted to be, then got shipped to a place that would have probably been 29th or 30th on his list of teams to go to. Who knows if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at all. If he was on a 3 year contract, maybe it wouldnt be a big deal to him, but how would you feel if you got sent to prison for 11 years
Totally right.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:21 AM
damacles1156

If Carter was on a Short term Deal, I think he wouldn't care. But Eleven Years is..... a long time.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:44 AM
CrazyCanucks

Carter for Luongo? Both are on long term deals and would basically wash each other out in terms of salary and cap hit.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Carter for Luongo? Both are on long term deals and would basically wash each other out in terms of salary and cap hit.
this is so shocking, it would actually work on both parties

Old
11-18-2011, 04:51 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Now that Sanford is our best goalie ever, we don't need Luongo. More importantly, why on God's green earth would Luongo want to join our team? If he's that suicidal, we don't want him.

This Carter trade rumor is either just a rumor, or typical buyer's remorse. He'll be fine once we start winning next year.

Closed Thread