HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Carter asking for a trade? - update: denials all around

View Poll Results: Are the Jackets worse off after the Jeff Carter trade?
Yes - with Jakub Voracek and Sean Couturier, we would have more than three wins. 22 41.51%
No - Jeff Carter has helped this team when he's been in the lineup; we are a better team with him. 31 58.49%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 01:02 AM
knucklepuck28

vCash: 500
Yes we would have had a better start just due to the fact that Nash and Jake had better chemistry. Not saying that none will develop between Nash and Carter, there just isn't much yet. Plus Jake has been healthy all season so that would of helped us also. So if the question is if we would have a better record right now if the trade never happened then yes, but in the long term the jury is still out.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:03 AM
CrazyCanucks

You guys already want Carter off the team??? He has only played 8 games... holy panic batman

Old
11-19-2011, 03:10 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Hmm I mistook and wanted to vote for the second possibility... where is my head? Not where it must be...

Old
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
You guys already want Carter off the team??? He has only played 8 games... holy panic batman
Seriously, they also want to unload Nash because the rest of the team sucks.

Then again, I hear Ovechkin sucks too.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Ovechkin.html

Imagine Ovechkin, Carter and Nash on the first line with Luongo in goal.
How bad would that suck?

Old
11-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

How bad would that suck?
well, at least half of the people on this board would say they're all floaters.......................

Old
11-19-2011, 08:06 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

While I'd like to think there was no request made, Carter obviously has no interest in playing for franchise that is seemingly spinning its wheels in the mud.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe he was really frustrated, conveyed it to his agent, who then said something like:

"Jeff has no interest in playing for a team that doesn't value winning" To Howson.

The guy was obviously going through some serious emotional things following the trade, now it looks like, at best, maybe he feels a bit lost because he hasn't been in the lineup in a while, couldn't help or contribute and is questioning his place here.

Its professional sports, lets hope Jeff is acting like a professional and this was just a rumor that someone got very, very wrong.

Old
11-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Didn't we accuse Jake of being a floater before he left?

Jackets Fans: Questioning everybody's character and effort at the first sign of trouble since 2000.

11-19-2011, 08:39 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Extended comments from Carter:

Quote:
“I haven’t talked with one single person from RDS,” Carter said. “I don’t know where they came up with that. I haven’t said anything or asked for anything.”
Carter pointed out, halfheartedly, that the article was accurate in one aspect: He’s not happy right now. “I don’t think anybody is happy (in the dressing room) right now,” Carter said. “If anybody is happy in this room, they shouldn’t be. We’ve won three games.
“Nobody came in here thinking it was going to happen overnight, but obviously, we didn’t think it was going to be like this. We have a lot of new guys in the room, guy who haven’t played together before. You know that’s going to take time, but I don’t think anybody thought it would turn into 3-13-2 at this point.”
Quote:
Carter has said that he and Nash have become fast friends, attending Ohio State football games and having dinners on off-nights.
“I made it pretty clear when I came over here,” Carter said. “I don’t think anything else needs to be said about that. It was never about Columbus.”
Quote:
He, like Nash, is snake-bitten. Asked if he had even been through a stretch like this, Carter sighed and shook his head.
“Never,” he said. “I had one tough year in Philly, but still we were winning a few games here and there. It’s tough, obviously. Coming to the rink every day, and you work hard every day in practice, and you go into the next game thinking you’re going to turn things around, and it hasn’t happened for us yet.
“Our offense really has to get going. I know I’m part of that, too. Scoring two goals a game in this league, you’re setting yourself up to have a hard time.”
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...be-traded.html

Old
11-19-2011, 08:55 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Thanks for posting these quotes Wooten.

Old
11-19-2011, 08:56 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Answering the poll question, I'd take Carter on this team over Voracek and Couturier. With the organization we have, I have a bad feeling Couturier would've ended up in the minors/juniors anyway, so you're theoretically asking Carter for Voracek in terms of this season.

Old
11-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
While I'd like to think there was no request made, Carter obviously has no interest in playing for franchise that is seemingly spinning its wheels in the mud.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe he was really frustrated, conveyed it to his agent, who then said something like:

"Jeff has no interest in playing for a team that doesn't value winning" To Howson.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/projection

Quote:
pro·jec·tion (pr-jkshn)
n.
*snip*
8. Psychology
a. The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others

Old
11-19-2011, 11:55 AM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Seriously, they also want to unload Nash because the rest of the team sucks.

Then again, I hear Ovechkin sucks too.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-Ovechkin.html

How bad would that suck?
MFRONE would call that the worst Blue Jackets team in history.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
I think this whole thread has been one big projection.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:29 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Phillas the first and the second line centers:

Giroux
Briere

when Giroux was too young:

Richards
Carter

do you think that the couple:

Brassard
Vermette

is comparable to them? Do you really think Couturier should a good development here... he plays in the fourth line and PK in Philla. Do you think Voracek would be so good with Brassard where he would play... or with Umberger and Vermette with their achievments?

No. We needed the first line center for developming our youngs it was really important for us. The price is high but... we had to do it.

AND PLEASE CORRECT MY VOTE I MISTOOK I WANTED TO VOTE FOR THE SECOND POSSIBILITY!!!

Old
11-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe72 View Post
I think this whole thread has been one big projection.
How so?

I haven't seen anyone argue that this was a good trade. Just the bat**** crazy tr00 fans who are making assumptions about guys on 11 year deals after 8 games.

If Arniel wasn't a moron and was capable of making line changes, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Umberger is killing Nash and Carter. They both looked just fine with Prospal...

Old
11-19-2011, 02:04 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Looking at the voting, I don't recognize many of the posters who voted better off without Carter, but some of the nicks like:

gopreds19, Jaygokings, leeaf83, MapleJ,

look like fans of other teams

I recognize: brian822, Hockeypete49,Tofly as Flyers fans

Several other voters who chose option 1 don't look familiar.

About 10 of the 17 current voters who think the Jackets would be better off without Carter are not Jackets fans.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:13 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Trade Nash. Make Carter the center piece we build around for the next 5 years.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Looking at the voting, I don't recognize many of the posters who voted better off without Carter, but some of the nicks like:

gopreds19, Jaygokings, leeaf83, MapleJ,

look like fans of other teams

I recognize: brian822, Hockeypete49,Tofly as Flyers fans

Several other voters who chose option 1 don't look familiar.

About 10 of the 17 current voters who think the Jackets would be better off without Carter are not Jackets fans.

I'm surprised there's any Jacket fans that think we're still better with Voracek, lmao. Dude was lazy and had the night life not fit for performing on the ice 20 minutes a night. He's not missed.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I'm surprised there's any Jacket fans that think we're still better with Voracek, lmao. Dude was lazy and had the night life not fit for performing on the ice 20 minutes a night. He's not missed.
Do not count me my vote was mistake.

Old
11-19-2011, 06:03 PM
GalileoSmith

Personally, I like Carter. If the team ever actually puts in effort, and they get a goalie, Carter will do okay. The Jackets acquired Carter when they should have been going after a goalie, but that doesn't make Carter any less of a player.

And I usually figure there's some truth behind a rumor. However the rumor that Carter wants traded seems pretty heavily denied all the way around. In a sense, the flood of denials have outweighed the rumors.

Old
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
LandofLincoln

Hjalmarsson, 2012 1st rounder & Beach = Jeff Carter
Brunette, Bickell & Lalonde traded = 4th defenseman = maybe Fedor Tyutin

Vinny Prospal & Steve Mason also could be interesting. I don't think Mason has value in Columbus. His contract isn't heavy and I wouldn't ming him backing up Crawford but he does make 2.9m

I would love to see the Hawks get Carter, Tyutin, Prospal, Mason

for

Hjalmarsson, 2012 1st rounder, Beach, Emery, Brunette, Bickell, Lalonde

This would be an exchange in contracts of 11.5m from Columbus to 6.5 from Chicago lowering payroll for the Jackets 5.0 a year. Plus they get Beach a former 1st rounder and Lalonde a #4-5 projected defenseman. Bickell's super value contract for a team needing to maximize at low costs.

They get a solid defenseman in return Hjalmarsson. Emery is better than Mason at 1/5 the cost. Nash can stay as the franchise hall of famer. Carter was a bad fit they can move on and get something in return.

A #4 defenseman huge hole right? maybe D. Olsen clearly isn't ready, but he can be a call up until we get someone else in...

Prospal --Toews-- Kane
Sharp --Carter --Hossa
Stalberg--Bolland --Frolik
Smith--Kruger --Carcillo
Mayers

Smith can take Brunette's PP minutes

Defense
Keith Leddy
Seabrook Tyutin
Montador O'Donnell
LePisto Scott

Tyutin has a one timer and can play 2nd unit PP

Crawford
Mason

Old
11-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post

for

You're funny.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:40 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Hjalmarsson, 2012 1st rounder & Beach = Jeff Carter
Brunette, Bickell & Lalonde traded = 4th defenseman = maybe Fedor Tyutin

Vinny Prospal & Steve Mason also could be interesting. I don't think Mason has value in Columbus. His contract isn't heavy and I wouldn't ming him backing up Crawford but he does make 2.9m

for

This would be an exchange in contracts of 11.5m from Columbus to 6.5 from Chicago lowering payroll for the Jackets 5.0 a year. Plus they get Beach a former 1st rounder and Lalonde a #4-5 projected defenseman. Bickell's super value contract for a team needing to maximize at low costs.

They get a solid defenseman in return Hjalmarsson. Emery is better than Mason at 1/5 the cost. Nash can stay as the franchise hall of famer. Carter was a bad fit they can move on and get something in return.

A #4 defenseman huge hole right? maybe D. Olsen clearly isn't ready, but he can be a call up until we get someone else in...

Prospal --Toews-- Kane
Sharp --Carter --Hossa
Stalberg--Bolland --Frolik
Smith--Kruger --Carcillo
Mayers

Smith can take Brunette's PP minutes

Defense
Keith Leddy
Seabrook Tyutin
Montador O'Donnell
LePisto Scott

Tyutin has a one timer and can play 2nd unit PP

Crawford
Mason
Maybe you saw Howson with drugs and you want use it....

Old
11-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post

The guy was obviously going through some serious emotional things following the trade, now it looks like, at best, maybe he feels a bit lost because he hasn't been in the lineup in a while, couldn't help or contribute and is questioning his place here.

Its professional sports, lets hope Jeff is acting like a professional and this was just a rumor that someone got very, very wrong.
If there's any truth to the rumours, or even any truth to the fact that Carter isn't really into Columbus, it would be smart to dump him sooner rather than let the situation fester. I'm not sure of too many situations where malcontents eventually learned to enjoy playing for the teams they didn't want to be on. The Toronto Raptors have a long history of this and star players they trade for. In the NHL, I can think of the Kirk Muller scenario a while back when he didn't want to be on the Island. A trade was the best option in that case.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:07 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If there's any truth to the rumours
There's not, read the whole thread. This was a rumor manufactured by the Canadian media.

Closed Thread