HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXVIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
  #726
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dude, it's a head shot and it's obvious.

You want to see what a non-head shot looks like? Here:



That is as clean and beautiful as they'll come.
BEAU-TI-FUL

OpenIceHit is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
  #727
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's at odds with Sacco and the fact they're playing dump and chase all the time (even on PP) isn't helping, I have no doubts that he'll return to form under a competent coach.

And about that thread, it's started by a guy that's a well known Stastny basher.

Also if you guys want to follow a guy that going to breakout in a big way watch O'Reilly, who leads the team in points and at the same time he leads the NHL in takeaways. He also had a monster game last night in which he willed the Avs to a win, he's going to be a future Avs captain.
Maybe you guys would like Jacques Martin?

Is your entire fanbase against Sacco at this point? I thought they played an up-tempo game, but that was what I remember watching early in the season. Just a product of a bunch of excited young guys in the lineup?

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
  #728
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 24,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Niederreiter is looking like another bust for the Islanders
Hasn't even completed a 10 game "look-see" as a 19 year old yet...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
  #729
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Maybe you guys would like Jacques Martin?

Is your entire fanbase against Sacco at this point? I thought they played an up-tempo game, but that was what I remember watching early in the season. Just a product of a bunch of excited young guys in the lineup?
Yes, pretty much the entire Avs fanbase (apart from the few delusional fans who think they're just unlucky) is against Sacco right now, there's no system in place, as someone who grows more and more frustrated with JM as well I would take him before Sacco 10 out of 10 times.

Sure from time to time it seems that we play an exciting brand of hockey, but that because Duchene does something really slick and shifty during the game, other than that is really hard to watch. There entire play is based upon skating around like headless chickens and dumping the puck in the offensive zone.

Their leader in ice time for forwards is Dan Winnik (don't get me wrong I love the way he plays hockey and I would like to see him play in either Denver or Montreal for many more years) for God's sake and that just shows you how mental Sacco is and on top of that after the game he comes out in the press conferance saying that they've lost because of TJ Galiardi who plays a massive amount of around 10mins per game, he's obviously out of touch with reality and he needs to go.

If it wasn't for O'Reilly, Varlamov, and JSG their record would look a lot worse.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 11:42 AM
  #730
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yes, pretty much the entire Avs fanbase (apart from the few delusional fans who think they're just unlucky) is against Sacco right now, there's no system in place, as someone who grows more and more frustrated with JM as well I would take him before Sacco 10 out of 10 times.

Sure from time to time it seems that we play an exciting brand of hockey, but that because Duchene does something really slick and shifty during the game, other than that is really hard to watch. There entire play is based upon skating around like headless chickens and dumping the puck in the offensive zone.
Why does that sound so familiar?!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
  #731
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Why does that sound so familiar?!
Imagine how much fun it must be for me watching both of these teams play, it's going to be a long season with Avs and Habs playing like they're right now.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
  #732
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's at odds with Sacco and the fact they're playing dump and chase all the time (even on PP) isn't helping, I have no doubts that he'll return to form under a competent coach.

And about that thread, it's started by a guy that's a well known Stastny basher.

Also if you guys want to follow a guy that going to breakout in a big way watch O'Reilly, who leads the team in points and at the same time he leads the NHL in takeaways. He also had a monster game last night in which he willed the Avs to a win, he's going to be a future Avs captain.
I really, really, really wanted the Habs to draft O'Reilly in 2009. I wanted the Habs to trade down from their spot, grab a 2nd & draft him or take him with a late 1st. (I know it's easy to say that now, but it's true.) He went pretty early in the 2nd rd to the Avs tho. That was good draft year for them. There's only been a few junior players (OHL) I've had strong opinions about but O'Reilly was one them.

Because of that Stastny fiasco with the the whole he's on the verge of being traded to Toronto episode this past summer, and the fact that he was upset after Stewart was traded away, I've tried to keep my eye on Stastny's performance this season figuring if he did have a bad start and was unhappy, Avs might put him on the block. He's on pace for 45 points right now, so I would qualify that as a bad start.

Avs should probably can Sacco since he's proven over the last 2 years he can't get this Avs roster to win. They're too talented of a team to flounder like this. Plus, the Avs gave up their #1 draft pick this year to Washington, so really they have a lot of reasons to not tank.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:36 PM
  #733
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I really, really, really wanted the Habs to draft O'Reilly in 2009. I wanted the Habs to trade down from their spot, grab a 2nd & draft him or take him with a late 1st. (I know it's easy to say that now, but it's true.) He went pretty early in the 2nd rd to the Avs tho. That was good draft year for them. There's only been a few junior players (OHL) I've had strong opinions about but O'Reilly was one them.

Because of that Stastny fiasco with the the whole he's on the verge of being traded to Toronto episode this past summer, and the fact that he was upset after Stewart was traded away, I've tried to keep my eye on Stastny's performance this season figuring if he did have a bad start and was unhappy, Avs might put him on the block. He's on pace for 45 points right now, so I would qualify that as a bad start.

Avs should probably can Sacco since he's proven over the last 2 years he can't get this Avs roster to win. They're too talented of a team to flounder like this. Plus, the Avs gave up their #1 draft pick this year to Washington, so really they have a lot of reasons to not tank.
That was his dad who *****ed about the trade.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:43 PM
  #734
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I really, really, really wanted the Habs to draft O'Reilly in 2009. I wanted the Habs to trade down from their spot, grab a 2nd & draft him or take him with a late 1st. (I know it's easy to say that now, but it's true.) He went pretty early in the 2nd rd to the Avs tho. That was good draft year for them. There's only been a few junior players (OHL) I've had strong opinions about but O'Reilly was one them.

Because of that Stastny fiasco with the the whole he's on the verge of being traded to Toronto episode this past summer, and the fact that he was upset after Stewart was traded away, I've tried to keep my eye on Stastny's performance this season figuring if he did have a bad start and was unhappy, Avs might put him on the block. He's on pace for 45 points right now, so I would qualify that as a bad start.

Avs should probably can Sacco since he's proven over the last 2 years he can't get this Avs roster to win. They're too talented of a team to flounder like this. Plus, the Avs gave up their #1 draft pick this year to Washington, so really they have a lot of reasons to not tank.
Teams passed on O'Reilly because of his skating, they figured he wouldn't have enough impact as a player taken in a 1st round should because of that. What they overlooked is his amazing willingnes to improve, I mean he runs up and down the bleachers after games, throws medicine balls against the wall in the hall way before the game, he's such a cerebral player it's just unbeliavable, if Duchen has half the hockey IQ Radar has he would be unstoppable with his speed. The way O'Reilly just sneeks up on players, lifts their stick with a single motion and just takes the puck from them is poetry in motion, his stick is always around other players legs, yet he has only 4 PIM, he's like Datsyuk in that regard.

Also saying that the 2009 draft was good for the Avs is probably the understatment of the year , it could easily end up that they've drafted both top 6 centermen and 50% of their defensive top 4 (with Elliot and Barrie) in the same draft, that's just mindblowing.

Considering Paul Stastny, there was never a legitimate trade rumor about him going to Hogtown, there was a rumor about him being traded in a package with Galiardi and their 2nd rounder for Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Stoll. I can't see Stastny being moved during the season because of his cap hit which helps them to barely reach the cap floor, IMHO he'll be moved at the next draft for picks and prospects/young NHLers. It's also obvious that he doesn't get along with Sacco and the way he coaches, it also doesn't help that Sacco forced Stew out of Denver and that he treats Galiardi (who's Stastny's best friend) like garbage.

And last but not least Sacco is the worst NHL coach (including assistants) right now, he's a joke, but their FO is counting on Roy saying yes to them, which is delusional if you ask me. They should hire Carlyle before someone like the Flames snags him before their noses.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 12:46 PM
  #735
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
That was his dad who *****ed about the trade.
Yep, it was his dad, but Stew and Staz were/are very close and the way Sacco treated Stew and how he treats Galiardi right now doesn't/didn't sit well with Paul.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
  #736
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
O'Rielly sounds like when Subban was drafted, people didn't believe he could improve his defensive game enough, thoughts of putting him at forward. All he's done(up to his shaky start this season) is improve in all aspects of the game however. The guy is a workhorse.

I see Carlyle as a good fit in Calgary, great defensive coach. I knew there were rumours about Patrick Roy going to Colorado, how do you guys feel about that? A lot Habs fans are asking for him to be hired here, but I'm sure most have no idea what system he has in place, nor do I.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
  #737
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
O'Rielly sounds like when Subban was drafted, people didn't believe he could improve his defensive game enough, thoughts of putting him at forward. All he's done(up to his shaky start this season) is improve in all aspects of the game however. The guy is a workhorse.

I see Carlyle as a good fit in Calgary, great defensive coach. I knew there were rumours about Patrick Roy going to Colorado, how do you guys feel about that? A lot Habs fans are asking for him to be hired here, but I'm sure most have no idea what system he has in place, nor do I.
Some like it, some don't, there're concerns the he might be to volatile as a coach for a team as young as Colorado is, but it isn't hurting him with the Remparts (my favourite QMJHL team), so I don't share their opinion.

His system is the exact opposite of what Boucher forces in Tampa, it's offensivly oriented, Roy even talked about how Boucher's system is destroying the QMJHL and the development of the players in the league.

I think he's waiting for a team to come back to QC, it's been rumored that he's in a group that's interested in bringing back a team to QC and it's well known that he grew up as a huge Q's fan.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
  #738
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
It's funny how young kids react well enough to his coaching style, but we'd be worried about how millionaire athletes would respond to being yelled at.

I'd be more worried about hiring yet another rookie coach myself, especially one who hasn't even coached in the AHL, and I'm not sure how he'd respond to being bossed around considering he's the owner and GM of the team.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 01:52 PM
  #739
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
It's funny how young kids react well enough to his coaching style, but we'd be worried about how millionaire athletes would respond to being yelled at.

I'd be more worried about hiring yet another rookie coach myself, especially one who hasn't even coached in the AHL, and I'm not sure how he'd respond to being bossed around considering he's the owner and GM of the team.
Yeah I know, Avs offered him both the GM and coaching gig two years ago, but he refused because of his sons who were playing for the Remparts at the time and one of them is still there.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 05:30 PM
  #740
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,964
vCash: 500
I'm still kinda surprised that Ron Wilson is playing Reimer tonight against Milan Lucic and the Bruins. Recipe for disaster?

SB164 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 05:36 PM
  #741
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I'm still kinda surprised that Ron Wilson is playing Reimer tonight against Milan Lucic and the Bruins. Recipe for disaster?
Gionta is more dangerous...

habitue* is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
  #742
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
9modano Mike Modano
Milbury is awful doing hockey on TV!! HNIC can him.. Please..
13 minutes ago

HomaridII is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 05:56 PM
  #743
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nás na Ríogh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
9modano Mike Modano
Milbury is awful doing hockey on TV!! HNIC can him.. Please..
13 minutes ago


It's always fun when Mike's around.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
  #744
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Teams passed on O'Reilly because of his skating, they figured he wouldn't have enough impact as a player taken in a 1st round should because of that. What they overlooked is his amazing willingnes to improve, I mean he runs up and down the bleachers after games, throws medicine balls against the wall in the hall way before the game, he's such a cerebral player it's just unbeliavable, if Duchen has half the hockey IQ Radar has he would be unstoppable with his speed. The way O'Reilly just sneeks up on players, lifts their stick with a single motion and just takes the puck from them is poetry in motion, his stick is always around other players legs, yet he has only 4 PIM, he's like Datsyuk in that regard.

Also saying that the 2009 draft was good for the Avs is probably the understatment of the year , it could easily end up that they've drafted both top 6 centermen and 50% of their defensive top 4 (with Elliot and Barrie) in the same draft, that's just mindblowing.

Considering Paul Stastny, there was never a legitimate trade rumor about him going to Hogtown, there was a rumor about him being traded in a package with Galiardi and their 2nd rounder for Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Stoll. I can't see Stastny being moved during the season because of his cap hit which helps them to barely reach the cap floor, IMHO he'll be moved at the next draft for picks and prospects/young NHLers. It's also obvious that he doesn't get along with Sacco and the way he coaches, it also doesn't help that Sacco forced Stew out of Denver and that he treats Galiardi (who's Stastny's best friend) like garbage.

And last but not least Sacco is the worst NHL coach (including assistants) right now, he's a joke, but their FO is counting on Roy saying yes to them, which is delusional if you ask me. They should hire Carlyle before someone like the Flames snags him before their noses.
lol, yeah, dry humour. I should've used a smilie.

So you think the Avs are going to hold onto Sacco until the off-season & then try to hire Roy? This is his son's final year in the Q, so if that's what's been stopping him this summer he should be a free man. I don't know about Roy. His infamous volatile temper has me a little worried about him, although I like that he uses an offensive system.

Avs are going to give the Caps a lottery pick if they don't improve, which I really really don't want to see happen.

I agree. I think Carlyle is the perfect coach for the Flames, although I think RDS is trying to float a Carlyle to Winnipeg rumour, which in turn would free up Claude Noel. lol Let the coaching carousel spin.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM
  #745
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yep, it was his dad, but Stew and Staz were/are very close and the way Sacco treated Stew and how he treats Galiardi right now doesn't/didn't sit well with Paul.
I found it hilarious when Shatty scored that goal and then Stewie assisted on the other goal. Was waiting for a Johnson goal, but it didn't happen...

I agree though. It seems that Sacco is next to be fired.. or Arniel maybe. I get the feeling both managements are just waiting for a suitable replacement first. And hopefully it's the same over here.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 07:05 PM
  #746
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
funny how that after tonight s games, we could be 3 pts behind toronto. Leafs fan a ready to extend wilson and we a ready to fire martin.

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
  #747
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
I actually meant to post this earlier, but I forgot. David Perron is playing in his first game in over 13 months for St. Louis tonight. His recovery from a concussion did not get the press that Crosby's got, but it is true he is back.

Oh yeah, and he scored on only his 2nd shift. Congrats Perron! Welcome back to hockey.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 08:10 PM
  #748
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,987
vCash: 883
Leafs about to melt down (again) vs Boston.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
  #749
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Leafs about to melt down (again) vs Boston.
Not surprising. Boston is much better than Toronto.

MathMan is offline  
Old
12-03-2011, 08:26 PM
  #750
NHLcrazy
Registered User
 
NHLcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Qc city
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,916
vCash: 500
freaking Bruins will be on a 13-0-1 run after tonight... It will stop Monday in Pittsburgh though.

NHLcrazy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.