HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just got my season Ticks...Owner planned lockout.WTF?

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
jdsrangers

vCash: 500
Just got my season Ticks...Owner planned lockout.WTF?

I just posted this on hockeybird but I wanted all the fans to see this. It bugs the Sh_t out of me that the owners are really screwing the fan!

The Rangers sent a letter that tells you these tickets are for the first 7 games: R1 thru R7! They talk about Uninterrupped Season &/or Delayed/Disrupted season.

Talk about the owners Plan, only 7 tickets were sent, Why to save on the printing cost? The owners knew all along that their would be a lockout. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they were going to start the season on time. :mad:
The NHLPA should set the record straight, the owners never tried save the season. Bettman & the owner have a great deal. They are taking the fans money, collecting interest and will start to pay only after half the 2004/05 season have been cancelled!

Old
09-13-2004, 07:30 PM
NYR469

yep totally agree

Old
09-13-2004, 08:02 PM
nyr7andcounting

owners should be thrown in a ditch and burnt.

owners dont need the money
players dont need the money
but fans need the hockey, unfortunate that we won't get any. guess my countdown clock will be on the wnba finals this year instead of opening night. oh well

Old
09-13-2004, 08:28 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
owners should be thrown in a ditch and burnt.

owners dont need the money
players dont need the money
but fans need the hockey, unfortunate that we won't get any. guess my countdown clock will be on the wnba finals this year instead of opening night. oh well
well with bettman at the helm this will be the end of hockey as we know it! they could care less about the fans or the integrity of the game. ratings are alredy pathetic and they are just going to kill the nhl. so it looks like i'll be going to alot of echl games this year!

Old
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Balej20*

Lets just hope this is the end of the line for Bettman finally. and maybe we'll get some contraction too.

Old
09-14-2004, 07:16 AM
JR#9*

While I've kind of accepted the fact that we won't see hockey at least until January it's easy to deal with now but when Oct-Nov comes around and there are no games to watch then we'll be feeling it.

The ONLY upside that can come of this is that if it goes a full year or further I would hope that we'd see some sort of contraction but it would likely have to be 1+ yrs before this started happening.

There should be no more than 24 teams MAX IMO, and if that were the case I'd think you'd see a much healthier product both on the ice and on the bottom line.

Some common sense has to prevail in these talks and I pray it does but we all know how likely this false hope will be. :mad:

Old
09-14-2004, 08:20 AM
BiLLY

Actually I don't think this means the owners were CAUSING a lockout, but its obvious to us that there was going to be a shortenned season, so of course its obvious to the owners as well. Should they just throw additional money out the window printing and mailing tickets for games that everyone knows won't be played? Seeing the writing on the wall is different than being responsible. I'm just saying that THIS is not proof of the owners' plan, not that they may not still be responsible.

Old
09-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Flyers26

I called the FLYERS ticket office, last week, 9/7, and asked where my season tickets are. They informed me that they are waiting until after 9/15 to send them. Wonder what they know... LOCKOUT!

Old
09-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Edge

Well that and even if the season does start in the fall it was likely be a little late with possibly later games knocked off {a 70 game schedule}.

Though a lockout is still the best bet.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
I called the FLYERS ticket office, last week, 9/7, and asked where my season tickets are. They informed me that they are waiting until after 9/15 to send them. Wonder what they know... LOCKOUT!
to me that is better then what the rangers did...if the rangers said that since we don't know about the cba yet so we are going to wait until after 9/15 to print the tickets. then i would think that was a logical approach to the situation...

but to go thru the process of printing tickets and mailing them out a week or 2 before the deadline for the purpose of a lockout looks bad

Old
09-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
fans need the hockey
I read a quote from Mike Modano in the Times article this morning that summed up the players position on the fans interest.

Quote:
"The fans won't like it, but we've got to stand firm as a union and not give in to a salary cap."
Has everyone forgotten that the NHL and NHLPA wouldn't exist if not for the fans? We are the people filling those stadiums and consuming those goods. We are the ones that attract advertising money and television contracts. If no one is thinking about our interest in the game, then what does it matter how the revenues WE generate for these people are divided? Have you read a single quote from either side that doesn't include the word "I" or "we"? That's tempering my support for the players. Honestly.

Old
09-14-2004, 03:31 PM
LondonFan

You're right, the players don't get paid millions just because they are good. They get paid because the fans essentially pay them, one way or another. If the owners invested nothing, tickets were free and wages didn't exist then there wouldn't be a lockout. The thing is, I think a good number of fans will crack before the union or the owners do - I wonder if they have considered how that will harm them in the long run?

Old
09-14-2004, 11:07 PM
broadwayblue

well i for one am backing the players. i don't want a hard cap. and i don't see why the owners won't agree to meet the players somewhere in the middle. what's so bad about a cap (what they want) with a luxury tax? doesn't a luxury tax bring in extra revenue from the teams that are not hurting financially? how is that a bad thing?

Closed Thread