HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slava Voynov

Old
11-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Bleeker

vCash: 500
Slava Voynov

Hey guys , i was wondering what kind of productions you were expecting from Voynov this season .
I am a big fan of him , i just want a quick update on how he is doing right now

Im from montreal so , no chance for me to watch him play anytime soon

Bleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
well hes got 3 goals and 2 assist in i think 6 or 7 games so his offensive production is there, he's decent on defence .. his skating allows him to jump up into a play and get back in position if neccesary, should be a long time NHLer all teams would want on one of their powerplay units.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:41 AM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

His point production will depend on how many games he plays. How many games he plays depends on how many games Doughty, Johnson, Scuderi, Mitchell, Greene, and Martinez miss due to injury. Unfortunately, being better than Martinez does not get Voynov a permanent spot in the lineup. Thats just how it works right now in LA. Being better than the next guy just isnt enough for some reason. My guess is he will play around 35 games this year and end the season with around 18 points. Amazing ppg average for a rookie dman. All Star in the making. Book it.

BTW, 5 points in 7 games thus far.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Shellz

30/30

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Whiskeypete

the kid has looked very good for someone that had zero NHL experience. plays very calm and composed. there has only been 2 plays that i can think of so far that showed his lack of experience. both happened in the 2nd game of the home-n-home with the Fukcs.

the first, was an offensive blue line pinch that got him caught in no mans land briefly. he hesitated for a fraction of a second that got him caught behind the play, but he caught up to it by the Kings blue line. it wasn't that bad (hell vets make the same mistake), but with Murray he will magnify the problem. if anything it showed his ability to quickly read his mistake (smarts) and his ability to get back in the play (skating-physical).

the second, was in the defensive zone and he rolled into a 2-on-1 forecheck. he had the puck so the camera coverage was on him with limited view. i think LA was in a line change because the forwards were no place in sight. the puck initially came back to Willie at left D from one of the forwards, then he ran it over to VV on the right. VV tried skating up the right side then got pinched/trapped by ANH's forecheck. instead of staying deep in the corner he tried skating up ice and got himself in some trouble. again though i liked what he did. he tried retreating back into the corner, but didn't make it. so he pinned the puck on the side boards and waited for help. he didnt try force the puck up the boards and hope for it to clear.

both situations he made a mistake, but he maintained his composure and didn't let the situation degrade into an even worse situation. it showed his ability to quickly assess a situation and maintain control to his advantage. i am definitely liking what i see from him.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Every Kings fan I know loves this guy.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character