HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Confused about disallowed goal ruling in BC vs ND game today...

Old
11-18-2011, 10:08 PM
navyduck

vCash: 500
Confused about disallowed goal ruling in BC vs ND game today...

Near the end of the second period of this game, BC appeared to have a goal but the official disallowed the goal. I am having trouble understanding as to why this occurred.

After a shot on ND goalie came in from the point, the goalie made the save. His save floated into the air and the rushing BC forward played the puck with his hand down to the ice and then shot the puck with his stick, immediately after playing it with his hand, toward the crease from behind the goal line and it was put in by another attacking player. The goal was immediately waved off and I do not understand why.

Now my hockey knowledge is more based in NHL rulings than college so there could easily be a rule in place that I just don't know about. But from what I saw, you can't rule it a hand pass, since he was the only BC player to touch the puck after he hand passed it to himself, and you can't rule it player in the crease violation since the goalie was out of his crease at the time the puck entered it.

Can someone explain it to me and, maybe, point to the rule where it states what happened?

navyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:55 AM
hyster110

may need a video to go along with

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:32 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
Not sure as i was flipping games. I heard that the the ruiling was the BC player batted the puck into the goalie first then played it with his stick after hitting the goalie. Not sure on the rule itself but that was the explanation.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:40 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

The way I understand it, was that since the puck came in contact with the tender after he batted it down, it counts as an attempt to put the puck into the net in an illegal way, thus negating the goal.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote