Bobby Ryan

Old
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisha View Post
LMAO! Yeah... cause dsp looks soooooo outta place with this team! Kid plays with stiffs on his lines. Maybe your not aware, but this kid put up over 50 goals in junior last year and get second unit pp time, because he has the most upside of any of the others. 19 years old!
What he did in juniors is irrelevant. He's not been any worse then most of our bottom six players, but IMO there needs to be a big change on our bottom lines and since he's eligible to go down to juniors, I say send him. Plus IMO he hasn't done enough to earn a full time spot. Personally I thought he should have been sent down after 9 games, but Murray ****ed that up. Surprise, surprise..

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:22 AM
echlfreak

Reality

1st Line

98 pts- 76 pts- 71 pts...103 goals

2nd Line

80 pts- 45 pts- 35 pts...57 goals

3rd Line

32 pts- 21 pts- 27 pts...38 goals

Top D Pairing

68 pts- 25 pts

40 pts- 17 pts

Plus an All-Star Goalie

Just look at the numbers and tell me why would you break this up??? This is the Ducks last year. They have the horses and there has been consistency in the numbers for a couple years now. It takes time to put a team like this together. You do not blow it up without trying a new direction first.

The problem is offense and defense. Which means the system. A coach must be able to implement a system which players believe in, which works in todays game, which works for your current group of players etc.

Bobby Ryan is a #2 overall pick and averages 80pts a year. He has chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry. There were slotted as the best line in the NHL. The chances of gaining a player or players at the value are slim to none unless you trade superstar for superstar. Carter, Parise, Not lifeless Semin.

If you were a GM and made this roster why would you blow it up? They are all young a perfect for the future. Direction might be the change needed? Or more patience???

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:31 AM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
1st Line

98 pts- 76 pts- 71 pts...103 goals

2nd Line

80 pts- 45 pts- 35 pts...57 goals

3rd Line

32 pts- 21 pts- 27 pts...38 goals

Top D Pairing

68 pts- 25 pts

40 pts- 17 pts

Plus an All-Star Goalie

Just look at the numbers and tell me why would you break this up??? This is the Ducks last year. They have the horses and there has been consistency in the numbers for a couple years now. It takes time to put a team like this together. You do not blow it up without trying a new direction first.

The problem is offense and defense. Which means the system. A coach must be able to implement a system which players believe in, which works in todays game, which works for your current group of players etc.

Bobby Ryan is a #2 overall pick and averages 80pts a year. He has chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry. There were slotted as the best line in the NHL. The chances of gaining a player or players at the value are slim to none unless you trade superstar for superstar. Carter, Parise, Not lifeless Semin.

If you were a GM and made this roster why would you blow it up? They are all young a perfect for the future. Direction might be the change needed? Or more patience???
how are you getting this number.. bobby ryan is not a PPG player right now.. if he had 1st line PP time than ya he would be but as of right now he isn't..

and why would you break that up? because well they aren't producing like that.. right now getzlaf is on pace for what 50-60 points? thats GODAWFUL.. not to mention on pace for like a -40..

that 4th goal last night was a perfect example of our captains lazyness.. although i don't know if it was the end of a long shift or not so he could've been gassed but he just let the guy skate straight by him for the open breakaway..

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
I'm sick of excuses sick of proposals sick of depth issues everything. If this team NEEDS a mini rebuild in the draft so be it, alot of fans *****ed and moaned about Jiggy but we had to move foward. If damn Ryan or Getzlaf or Perry have to go to improve the team then so be it. The homers need to calm down and look at the future of the ducks.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I'm sick of excuses sick of proposals sick of depth issues everything. If this team NEEDS a mini rebuild in the draft so be it, alot of fans *****ed and moaned about Jiggy but we had to move foward. If damn Ryan or Getzlaf or Perry have to go to improve the team then so be it. The homers need to calm down and look at the future of the ducks.
Looking at the future is exactly why I don't want Ryan moved. IMO it hurts us more then helps us. The Jiggy situation was completely different. Jiggy had been given every oppurtunity to win his job back and was beaten fair and square.

Old
11-30-2011, 01:10 AM
echlfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Makes tons of sense get rid of 3 of the best 26 year olds in the NHL for some unproven 19 year olds? Guess that style of player is easy to come by? Who was the last team to unload this caliber of player and return to glory in any reasonable sense of time?

There are offensive players on this team. It is time to bring in an OFFENSIVE System. Last I looked the team is not defensive either

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

OT but why couldn't this go in one of the other threads?

Old
11-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
OT but why couldn't this go in one of the other threads?
It could.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:55 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Bobby Ryan is a #2 overall pick and averages 80pts a year.
First part is "reality" as the topic suggest, but Ryan doesn't average 80 poiints a year.

10 pts 23gp
57 pts
64 pts
71 pts
11 pts 23 gp

0.78 PPG the last 3 seasons is 64 points per 82 games. Maybe I'm just bad at math.

Last 3 seasons(only games as a Duck player) PPG per 82gp:

Getzlaf 84 pts
Perry 84 pts
Selanne 82pts
Ryan 64pts
Koivu 53 pts
Blake 37 pts

64pts-84pts-84pts
32pts(Cogs)-53pts-82pts

jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:37 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Hello! I'm a Habs fan and I have a question for you...

Would you take Michael Cammalleri + A.Kostitsyn + Mid level prospect + 2nd rounder in 2013 for Bobby Ryan?

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:06 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Hello! I'm a Habs fan and I have a question for you...

Would you take Michael Cammalleri + A.Kostitsyn + Mid level prospect + 2nd rounder in 2013 for Bobby Ryan?
I'm pretty sure Viper covered this in the Ryan thread in the trade boards, but taking someone like Cammalleri just doesn't work for us as a budget team.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

http://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/stat...38915683139584

Quote:
#Ducks GM Bob Murray has assured Bobby Ryan he is off #NHL trading market today. Also told Ryan's desire to be moved is no longer an issue.
Huh, I'm glad he was canned then. It seems the players really did not like him if this is true.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
JoeLH

If Ryan has "no longer" a desire to leave that pretty much sounds like he asked for a trade due to a very bad relationship with Carlyle.

JoeLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
no doubt about it

He may be off right now. Watch and see how BR responds to the new coach. Or maybe he's already given his approval. (oops did I say that)
Whats not to say a rift will happen with the new coach.
Look at Dany Heatley. He moved a couple of times in short order. You don't know what kind of a person in the locker room a player is. Just sayin where theres smoke there's usually fire.

no doubt about it is offline   Reply With Quote