HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #17 San Jose SHARKS @ Dallas Stars - Saturday 11/19/11 5:00 PST

Old
11-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Clowe Me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarleautime View Post
This just in: Clowe's slash should be looked at by the league.

I, for one, agree. That kind of crap can't be tolerated. I mean, did you see the malice in it? Total intent to injure--Clowe, dirty little punk that he is, definitely wanted to break Robidas' hand.

Ten game Shanaban and the Sharks should be fined.
Funny thing is, Souray slashed Couture's hand just as bad earlier in the game and not a peep from them. Talk about selective memories...

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto4Now View Post
I was just about to post this. Stars fans are really the worst kind of fans
I agree. All 300 of them.

Having lived there it's easy to see why. Dallas is the epitome of shallowness. The Stars were a fad in Dallas when they first got there and then when they won, the bandwagon got overloaded. I've went to some playoff games there in the early years and MID-PERIOD there would be more people in the Club (which was a crappy outdoor tent that attached to the old arena) than were actually in their seats. Now that the Stars have become average, the city has abandoned them.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post

Having lived there it's easy to see why. Dallas is the epitome of shallowness. The Stars were a fad in Dallas when they first got there and then when they won, the bandwagon got overloaded. I've went to some playoff games there in the early years and MID-PERIOD there would be more people in the Club (which was a crappy outdoor tent that attached to the old arena) than were actually in their seats. Now that the Stars have become average, the city has abandoned them.
Living here now I agree, but I still think it's pretty ridiculous that people don't show up for a huge game on a Saturday night when the NBA is in a lockout and thus no other major pro sports to compete with.

Pretty sad that we went to BJ's after the game in a suburb, decked out in Sharks jerseys, and nobody noticed, said anything, or even glanced over. For those people, it was as if we were wearing jerseys for some random team in Asia playing some unknown sport. At that BJ's everyone there who was focused on sports were all into college football games going on. We tried to go to some other sports bar and grill type places, but they were packed with people watching UFC (And there was a cover there because of it, so we didn't go).

I think it's sad that the DFW metro would rather watch college football (includes games with teams other than TCU, Baylor and Texas) than their NHL franchise, but that's me.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Can I get a breakdown of the last 5 or 10 mins? It'd be best if someone had video!

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:52 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
Can I get a breakdown of the last 5 or 10 mins? It'd be best if someone had video!
Lots of penalties, 4th line awesomness, including time on PP. Tenacity from Mitchell. Fun to watch!

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Congo Jack
Good Moleman to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post

woah, woah, woah where'd the extra 200 fans come from?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:01 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Stars coach:

“We whine like little babies throughout the game. … We’re going to change that culture here and we’ve got to do it by zipping our mouths one step at a time. The refs are human and if you whine that much, you’re not going to get the calls.”

At least someone admits it. I doubt he'll be able to do anything about it though. :/

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Stars coach:

“We whine like little babies throughout the game. … We’re going to change that culture here and we’ve got to do it by zipping our mouths one step at a time. The refs are human and if you whine that much, you’re not going to get the calls.”

At least someone admits it. I doubt he'll be able to do anything about it though. :/
Not when he continues to passive-aggressively blast the refs in the media. If he wants the players to get the message, he needs to shut his mouth when it comes to the press too.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Not when he continues to passive-aggressively blast the refs in the media. If he wants the players to get the message, he needs to shut his mouth when it comes to the press too.
Nailed it. He goes from affirming that he's been whining about the refs all ****ing season to chastising his players/team culture about whining. Brilliant.

Although I wonder how the dallas posters will try to back pedal after the coach admits the players are masters of the whine and cheese.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:04 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Their fans are just as bad as their players when it comes to whining. Love that the little puke Ott had a diving penalty. He is a joke and glad the Sharks served them up

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Their fans are just as bad as their players when it comes to whining. Love that the little puke Ott had a diving penalty. He is a joke and glad the Sharks served them up
Someone needs to make a gif of Ott getting stuck in his sweater; that was hilarious, it takes turtleing to a whole new level...

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote