HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Ryder

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Michael Ryder

I know ryder had a big year but i don't seem to think that he has much more potential to become a 75+ point guy from a 60+ point guy. I think his offensive game is already finely polished and that he will be consistently a 55-65 point guy. What more can he do in the offensive front? He's got the snapshot of a poor man's Joe Sakic and works hard.... I think he has maximized utilizing his god given offensive talents.

On the defensive end, I think he is going to improve and will continue to prove. I think he go better in the defensive end as the season moved on and he is just too smart not to pick up the ins and outs required to be solid defensive player.

Case in Point, I think Ryder will be a career 55-65 point with the ability to play in both ends of the ice. These kinds of players don't grow on trees.

Old
09-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Ryder should become a clutch scorer with time. What always impressed me about his game (aside from his deadly wrister) is his high panic threshold and ability to always make the right play at the right time. One who looks carefully will see that he doesn't possess the hands of an Afinogenov but when in the crease, he always finds a way to make those simple and precisely timed dekes to open a bit of ice and take a good shot (especially during PP). He's a quality winger and hopefully will remain in Montreal for years to come.

Old
09-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Ryder should become a clutch scorer with time. What always impressed me about his game (aside from his deadly wrister) is his high panic threshold and ability to always make the right play at the right time. One who looks carefully will see that he doesn't possess the hands of an Afinogenov but when in the crease, he always finds a way to make those simple and precisely timed dekes to open a bit of ice and take a good shot (especially during PP). He's a quality winger and hopefully will remain in Montreal for years to come.
well said.... I just read over mine and realized how poorly I wrote it

Old
09-14-2004, 02:18 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I doubted him in the past, I won't do that again. I have no idea what he will do in the NHL over the years, but whit that wrist shot of his and what I like even more is his ability to get it off quickly in prime spots in the slot with some nice moves.

Old
09-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Marchy79

You know what I found really funny was that the talk on Way more sports has him listed as a career 3rd liner, because he does not possess true scoring ability

I think there's more to his game that is yet to be discovered... He was really coming in to his zone in the second half of last year, he was playing much better, creating his own plays, and scoring at a much higher rate IMHO. + that first taste of playoff hockey (and being snake bitten as a result) will probably not sit well with him. He is in his history, a better playoff performer than what was let on last season.

Old
09-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
He really impressed me this year and I really hope he can put these numbers next season whenever it is. We haven't got a good rookie like him coming from our system in a darn while.

Closed Thread