HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you sign Ryder for if you were BG?

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2004, 11:25 PM
ifesfor*

vCash: 500
What would you sign Ryder for if you were BG?

Me? I would sign him to a similar deal like Ribeiro. 1y/1.5 millions.Kid have to show us hes real and he is not just a one year wonder.His performance in playoff was horrible and he really have to show us he can be good again.

If he sign for more than that then ill fire BG!!! iF he sign for less than that then good job BG!

Old
09-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Around 1.2/1.3M per should be enough. Based on experience alone, it would be unjustifiable (wow is that a word?) if he got more than Ribeiro. On top of that, Ribeiro got more points. Length I guess could be 2 years. So let's say between 2.4M and 2.8M total.

Old
09-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Fugazi*

Trent Hunter: Compensation: 2004/05 (nhlpa.com) $544,500.00 . I would pay Ryder something around that, but not much more. He has to prove he can do it again before he breaks a million. Simple as that.

Old
09-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi
Trent Hunter: Compensation: 2004/05 (nhlpa.com) $544,500.00 . I would pay Ryder something around that, but not much more. He has to prove he can do it again before he breaks a million. Simple as that.
Did Hunter just sign a new contract for that amount? If he didn't, this number doesn't hold since last year was his rookie and break out year (just like Ryder).

Old
09-14-2004, 01:55 AM
justicex

I would pay 1.1 million. With bonus up to 2.5 millions.

Something like 3 years: 1.1, 1.4, 2. ( 4.5 mils / 3yr ) + bonus.

Im not biased, I only have a Ryder habs jersey

Old
09-14-2004, 02:40 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by justicex
I would pay 1.1 million. With bonus up to 2.5 millions.

Something like 3 years: 1.1, 1.4, 2. ( 4.5 mils / 3yr ) + bonus.

Im not biased, I only have a Ryder habs jersey
Doesent look that bad. Bonus of up to 1.4 more per year is a pretty good incentive.

Old
09-14-2004, 03:46 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Moé, Ryder, j'y donnerais la strappe! bout de viarge!

Pa ce que ça pas d'allure mesdames messieurs comment çé que nos jeunes sont éducatés! On dirais qui zon désappris!

Faut arrêter de dorlotter nos heunes, on va en faire des fefis!

Ça va faire le niaisage!

Désolé, fallions que j'introduise mon nouvel avatar!

Old
09-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Roots73

Maybe you should save the strap for Funky Chicken-n-Ribs for the phantom "pinched nerve" incident . It seems that most want to make this a pissing contest between what Ribs makes and what Ryder should get. Sure he won't likely get what Ribs got, but he sure does deserve much better than the minimum qualifying offer.

Super Newf should get at least a Mill per year.

Old
09-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Id give a two year deal......

Somewhere around .8 mill, and .9 mill.

Hes still young, and he could still possibly falter. Although higly unlikely, its remotely possible. Ryder like any other player in the nhl has to build a reputation, and to build one it takes more than one good season imo............

Old
09-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Prrebel

Quote:
Me? I would sign him to a similar deal like Ribeiro. 1y/1.5 millions.Kid have to show us hes real and he is not just a one year wonder.His performance in playoff was horrible and he really have to show us he can be good again.
That pretty much nails Riberio too. Why should he not have to prove he's not a one year wonder who had a sh*tty playoffs?

Quote:
That would mean that Ryder would have to take a pay cut. He made $605,000 last season. Yea, lets give the Rookie of the year runer up, second leading scorer on the team, first team all-heart squad, do whats asked of him without whining, make a line he's on look good, player settle for a 10% raise.

I think he will sign for between 900,000 and 1,000,000. He is smart enough to know that he dosen't need to break the bank on this contrat and that it will lead to bigger paydays down the road. It's his agent that I don't think has the smarts.

Old
09-14-2004, 09:03 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

900k + bonus if the team makes the playoffs

Old
09-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Démon Blond

I'd sign him for around 2 M/2 years contract, something like 900k - 1.1 M, plus performance bonus that could double that amout.

Old
09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel
That pretty much nails Riberio too. Why should he not have to prove he's not a one year wonder who had a sh*tty playoffs?

That would mean that Ryder would have to take a pay cut. He made $605,000 last season. Yea, lets give the Rookie of the year runer up, second leading scorer on the team, first team all-heart squad, do whats asked of him without whining, make a line he's on look good, player settle for a 10% raise.

I think he will sign for between 900,000 and 1,000,000. He is smart enough to know that he dosen't need to break the bank on this contrat and that it will lead to bigger paydays down the road. It's his agent that I don't think has the smarts.
He probably is smart enough, but the real problem here is the agent... always the damn agents...

Old
09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
ifesfor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSTRAK

Pa ce que ça pas d'allure mesdames messieurs comment çé que nos jeunes sont éducatés! On dirais qui zon désappris!

Ça va faire le niaisage!

:lol

TROP DROLE!!!!

Old
09-14-2004, 11:44 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Did Hunter just sign a new contract for that amount? If he didn't, this number doesn't hold since last year was his rookie and break out year (just like Ryder).
Yes, Hunter signed that contract this off-season. He took his 10% qualifying offer and shut up (it also came without a 2-way clause, so it's guaranteed money). That's how this CBA was supposed to work. 10% shouldn't be a guaranteed raise, it should be earned. Hunter earned a raise, he got it. Ryder should've done the same, but the agents believed they can get more (as they have throughout the CBA), and the GMs and owners have been too happy to oblige.

Scott Gomez and Alex Tanguay made less than a million on their second contracts, and that's with way more experience than what Ryder took. Gainey's taking an admirable stand with Ryder. There's no need to sign him now, anyways.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
You guys want to give Ryder a bonus??? A bonus if we make the playoffs? This kid is young and he's not the heat of our team. I'd give Ryder $1,000,000 for 1 year. Its a good salary because its basically saying "do it again" while rewarding him for 25 goals by giving him 7 digits in the number.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSTRAK

Ça va faire le niaisage!

I'd give Ryder 1.4M$ a year... for 3 years but he'll prefer 2 years I guess...

Old
09-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73
Maybe you should save the strap for Funky Chicken-n-Ribs for the phantom "pinched nerve" incident . It seems that most want to make this a pissing contest between what Ribs makes and what Ryder should get. Sure he won't likely get what Ribs got, but he sure does deserve much better than the minimum qualifying offer.

Super Newf should get at least a Mill per year.
It's not about a pissing contest, it's about building a team financial structure that's logical and fair for everybody on it. That's how financially responsible teams, like Vancouver for example, work, and that's how it should be done. There's just no way Ryder's agent can justify asking for more than Ribeiro. Based on that, we know he should get less, but probably a good amount anyway (over a million).

Old
09-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Yes, Hunter signed that contract this off-season. He took his 10% qualifying offer and shut up (it also came without a 2-way clause, so it's guaranteed money). That's how this CBA was supposed to work. 10% shouldn't be a guaranteed raise, it should be earned. Hunter earned a raise, he got it. Ryder should've done the same, but the agents believed they can get more (as they have throughout the CBA), and the GMs and owners have been too happy to oblige.

Scott Gomez and Alex Tanguay made less than a million on their second contracts, and that's with way more experience than what Ryder took. Gainey's taking an admirable stand with Ryder. There's no need to sign him now, anyways.
Hey I don't disagree with you, this league is sick and the agents make me want to throw up with their antics, but Hunter seems to be the exeption that confirms the rule rather than a standard. Agents know GMs have always caved in to their ridiculous demands in the past, so they see no reason to change their approche. But if indeed Ryder's agent is asking for ridiculous money and BG decided to take a stand against those practices, I applaud him.

Old
09-14-2004, 01:11 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Hey I don't disagree with you, this league is sick and the agents make me want to throw up with their antics, but Hunter seems to be the exeption that confirms the rule rather than a standard. Agents know GMs have always caved in to their ridiculous demands in the past, so they see no reason to change their approche. But if indeed Ryder's agent is asking for ridiculous money and BG decided to take a stand against those practices, I applaud him.
When it comes to the current CBA, I just look at all the mistakes made from the management/owners point of view and just cringe. When a player has no arbitration rights and restricted free agency, why shouldn't he just take his qualifyign offer? The problem is, precedents have already been set, so players work with those. Ryder is a guy that shouldn't get more than a 10% raise, but he feels he does because lesser players have gotten it.

BTW, I've also heard that Milbury trades away players that don't accept their qualifying offers when they don't have arbitration rights, so Hunter was kind of screwed from that perspective.

Old
09-14-2004, 01:48 PM
ifesfor*

What i think tho: Ryder will get sign after the new cba, so gainey will potentialy give him less. Its what i think.It might be the reason why hes nto sign yet

Old
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
ifesfor*

Hey HABSTRAK ou ce ta pogner ton gros tas sur ton avatar? Ce tu RBO? criss me rapple pu de cas bout de viarge!

Old
09-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Roots73

Quote:
It's not about a pissing contest, it's about building a team financial structure that's logical and fair for everybody on it. That's how financially responsible teams, like Vancouver for example, work, and that's how it should be done. There's just no way Ryder's agent can justify asking for more than Ribeiro. Based on that, we know he should get less, but probably a good amount anyway (over a million).
Take a look at the first post in the thread. Other threads in the past had made the same comparison between the two. Financial responsibility is all good, but you know that players are comparing their salaries along with their talent levels and saying " Hey I play just as good as this guy... so I should get his money too right?" type of mentality. I'm not sure where you're getting the info that Ryder's agent is calling for more money than Ribs and I for one don't believe that he'll get that money either. One mill per year and maybe a few incentives thrown in should be more than enough.

But as far as this thread goes, it looks like a pissing contest to me.

Old
09-14-2004, 04:20 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
RBO ze DVD 94-95! Screen shot!

Old
09-14-2004, 04:26 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I think 900k - 1.1M would be more than fair. BG can always add in some incentives to get the deal sealed.

Closed Thread