Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Availability (left overs)

Old
11-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Frustrated

vCash: 500
Ticket Availability (left overs)

I have a call into my ticket rep at True North to answer this one question.

When the ticket lottery tickets are not scooped up (like last month) who get the a chance at the tickets?

Now I have heard that Waiting list gets priority chance. This is my problem with that...

I am a half season ticket holder, Should the tickets not go to the half season ticket holder before the waiting list?

Now I know people here will say not to be greedy, 1/2 season ticket holders are getting to go to lots of games, but that isn't the point.

Its not like there was much choice in it when it came time to get the seasons tickets.

I know True North had said during the ticket drive that 1/2 season holders would have priority before waiting list and general public.

I am waiting for an email reply from my rep to confim what really is happening. Any thoughts???

Anyone hear differently?

Frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
I think you may be thinking of the priority half season holders have on playoff tix. We will get first kick at those before waiting list or general public. I don't recall anything for individual games.

EDIT: To clarify, the priority is the person who doesn't get the home opener in a season gets first kick at the playoff tix for those seats. If they don't take them the other person gets the opportunity to take them, if they do take them the other person gets priority selection on other seats in the arena before wait list or general public.

Last edited by Wonko the Sane: 11-19-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added details
Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 60
I don't see why a half ticket holder would have priority over a waiting list member. I can see you getting the SAME treatment as waiting list members though.

I am not a season ticket holder but have been to every game this year, with the exception of the opener. Should I get special treatment? I have spent the money, in fact I have spent more. Answer to my question is NO.

Tarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Frustrated

Being a season ticket holder we had to commit to 3 years for half seasons, and had to lay down $500.00 for a deposit that dosn't earn interest for the two tickets. I think a thankyou from True North would be to reward the 1/2 season holders with ticket avail befor waiting list. Sure walk ups pay more, but the whole reason to sell 13000 season tickets is that its a sure thing. Walks ups are not. Winnipeg can and will turn on there team and True North knows this, hence the ticket drive. The waiting list people just had to throw down $50.00. Big deal...

Old
11-20-2011, 07:44 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated View Post
I have a call into my ticket rep at True North to answer this one question.

When the ticket lottery tickets are not scooped up (like last month) who get the a chance at the tickets?

Now I have heard that Waiting list gets priority chance. This is my problem with that...

I am a half season ticket holder, Should the tickets not go to the half season ticket holder before the waiting list?

Now I know people here will say not to be greedy, 1/2 season ticket holders are getting to go to lots of games, but that isn't the point.

Its not like there was much choice in it when it came time to get the seasons tickets.

I know True North had said during the ticket drive that 1/2 season holders would have priority before waiting list and general public.

I am waiting for an email reply from my rep to confim what really is happening. Any thoughts???

Anyone hear differently?
Why should you?

It was your choice to get a half season instead of a whole one.
If you wanted to go to more games then you got, you should have got a whole season and sold what you didn't want to go too.

Be thankful you got what you did get.
I know of a bunch of people that were shutout for tickets.
And would kill to get a half season let alone anything else

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Frustrated

I assume you are just ignorant to the fact that there WASN'T any choice in the matter as they sold out in 45 seconds, so when you first go for full seasons on ticket master and you get rejected you take what you can get. Did I not explain why season ticket holders should have first dibbs on them? Read following post as im not typing it again.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Frustrated

Quote:
Being a season ticket holder we had to commit to 3 years for half seasons, and had to lay down $500.00 for a deposit that dosn't earn interest for the two tickets. I think a thankyou from True North would be to reward the 1/2 season holders with ticket avail befor waiting list. Sure walk ups pay more, but the whole reason to sell 13000 season tickets is that its a sure thing. Walks ups are not. Winnipeg can and will turn on there team and True North knows this, hence the ticket drive. The waiting list people just had to throw down $50.00. Big deal...
[mod] read above. Commitment, Deposit etc etc. Thats why they should have first dibbs over a waiting list.

Last edited by Jet: 11-20-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Do not insult other posters by modifying their user names.
Old
11-20-2011, 07:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
read above. Commitment, Deposit etc etc. Thats why they should have first dibbs over a waiting list.
Maybe its the concussions talking.... but I don't get peoples sense of entitlement around here.

Last edited by Jet: 11-20-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: qep
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Maybe its the concussions talking.... but I don't get peoples sense of entitlement around here.
True North Seems to agree with me on this one...... Do they have a concussion?

Old
11-20-2011, 08:42 AM
grumpy old jet fan

Quote:
This.

grumpy old jet fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:43 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:

True North has stated that the whole reason for the monthly draw is that they want to give more people chances to see a game this year. They're not concerned about the half season ticket holders. I understand that people with half season tickets may have wanted full season tickets but do you think people on the wait list just wanted to be on the wait list?

Even on the wait list you don't have a very good chance of going to see a game. As a wait list member, I can say that any advantage we've had hasn't resulted in tickets. All the games I've gone to were due to diligent watching of ticketmaster/seat exchange and winning the draw. Only single tickets are left after the draw winners.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:44 AM
gbill2004

Quote:
This x2.

The OP is very, very selfish. Be grateful for what you have.

gbill2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Tarks
True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post

True North has stated that the whole reason for the monthly draw is that they want to give more people chances to see a game this year. They're not concerned about the half season ticket holders. I understand that people with half season tickets may have wanted full season tickets but do you think people on the wait list just wanted to be on the wait list?

Even on the wait list you don't have a very good chance of going to see a game. As a wait list member, I can say that any advantage we've had hasn't resulted in tickets. All the games I've gone to were due to diligent watching of ticketmaster/seat exchange and winning the draw. Only single tickets are left after the draw winners.
I agree with everything you have said with the exception of the bold. I bought tickets to all the Nov games and got pairs to most. My purchases were made on the Thurs morning when they were released to the waiting list members.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:56 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Only single tickets are left after the draw winners.
This is absolutely incorrect. I've seen rows of 5-6 seats available on ticketmaster. The trick is they don't get released at the same time as the singles. They let the singles go first, then later there will be a row or two available.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
This is absolutely incorrect. I've seen rows of 5-6 seats available on ticketmaster. The trick is they don't get released at the same time as the singles. They let the singles go first, then later there will be a row or two available.
I'd imagine those are the league holds that get released later (are they awesome seats????)

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:58 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
I agree with everything you have said with the exception of the bold. I bought tickets to all the Nov games and got pairs to most. My purchases were made on the Thurs morning when they were released to the waiting list members.
Fair enough. I based my conclusion on the fact that with winning the draw I barely got a pair for November. I didn't know that they released more tickets after the initial sale to the draw winners but prior to the release of the last second reserve for family/league officials.

How did you get tickets to all November games if they're imposing a limit on how many you can buy during the availability to the wait list?

Last edited by vBurmi: 11-20-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

I honestly cannot believe someone is complaining about this.

I am going to my FIRST Jets game for my birthday on December 20th. I get to because I was selected to win the lottery.

I tried as hard as anyone with 4 computers to get seasons, but failed. I am not going to complain - I had the same chance as everyone else that was trying to get in, I CERTAINLY would not complain if I managed half seasons, thats for sure.

11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Tarks
True North

Quote:
Fair enough. I based my conclusion on the fact that with winning the draw I barely got a pair. I didn't know that they released more tickets after the initial sale to the draw winners but prior to the release of the last second reserve for family/league officials.

How did you get tickets to all November games if they're imposing a limit on how many you can buy during the availability to the wait list?
The limit was 2 tickets per game. So, I bought 2 tickets to all the Nov games. The 2 ticket per month only applies to the draw winners. After the draw is done the draw winners and everyone else can buy tickets to as many games as they wish.

Old
11-20-2011, 06:07 PM
sting13

Quote:
Fair enough. I based my conclusion on the fact that with winning the draw I barely got a pair. I didn't know that they released more tickets after the initial sale to the draw winners but prior to the release of the last second reserve for family/league officials.

Maybe you did not look at all the options. Right now you can find at least 60+ tickets
together for the Minnesota game. Even the Phoenix games has blocks of tickets
still together for draw winners.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
epo

As a half seasoner I think that the waiting list should have priority for additional tickets for regular season and the off-year season ticket holders during the playoffs.

epo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:10 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
Maybe you did not look at all the options. Right now you can find at least 60+ tickets
together for the Minnesota game. Even the Phoenix games has blocks of tickets
still together for draw winners.
Sorry, failed to clarify I meant last months draw. From this thread it sounds like the draw winners had good selection this time.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:08 PM
sting13

I some what agree with the original poster because a wait list member
could in theory buy tickets to all games because they are allowed to buy in
advance but a half-season ticket holder can see only a maximum of half the games.

In that aspect it seems the wait list holder gets an option for more games.

Perhaps the wait list holders and half season ticket holders should both get they
option of buying in advance at the same time.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

To the OP:

True North is trying to be fair to as many people as possible - season ticket holders (full or half), the waiting list, draw winners and the casual public buyers. Not everybody is going to be totally satisfied, unfortunately, as there is far more demand than actual tickets. I'd rather miss out on some games because I know that the team's future is secured for the next several years because of limited ticket availability and huge demand.

I've missed out on the draws for both October and November, but have been able to purchase tickets for several games so far from alternate sources. My group, also on the waiting list, got the email for December - so we'll buy what we can and divide them up, but we only buy two contiguous seats and may not get tickets for every game. So be it.

I'm not suggesting you should be happy with your ticket situation, but you should at least acknowledge that you're better off than 8000 names on the waiting list.

DarthMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post
I some what agree with the original poster because a wait list member
could in theory buy tickets to all games
because they are allowed to buy in
advance but a half-season ticket holder can see only a maximum of half the games.

In that aspect it seems the wait list holder gets an option for more games.

Perhaps the wait list holders and half season ticket holders should both get they
option of buying in advance at the same time.
In theory, yes. There's not very many available though. Even if someone on the wait list somehow manages to see half the games through the earlier availability, which is extremely unlikely, they're paying more for tickets than someone with half season tickets and they're paying to be on the wait list.

If you still think it's unfair, ask yourself whether you'd be willing to trade your half season tickets for my place on the wait list

Old
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I honestly cannot believe someone is complaining about this.

I am going to my FIRST Jets game for my birthday on December 20th. I get to because I was selected to win the lottery.

I tried as hard as anyone with 4 computers to get seasons, but failed. I am not going to complain - I had the same chance as everyone else that was trying to get in, I CERTAINLY would not complain if I managed half seasons, thats for sure.
You failed because you tried with 4 computers in my humble opinion.

What a great Bday present though!

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote