HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Ok...So I made an offer in the Ovechkin thread and was told it was scraps. Is this too much?

Perron
Schwartz
Cole
1st
Whoever told you that was "scraps," is an imbecile...

Old
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We aren't going to trade Stewart, just to trade Stewart. We don't need any bottom 6 help, so there really isn't a point in adding to it.
I would not mind Tangradi and a pick coming back from Pittsburgh if the Blues were to move CGDS. Tangradi has been close to a point-per-game player this year while in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and has had some cups of coffee with the Pens this year. He just turned 23, has NHL size at 6' 4, 232, and can find the net without a map. He would be a perfect replacement for CGDS, I think, and both players could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Would LOVE to see the Blues land Orpik somehow, as I've always liked his game, but I don't see how they could do that without really screwing up the chemistry. Trading for Orpik at this point seems to me like a Garth Butcher deal waiting to happen...

Old
02-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Ignatius
Tower Garden Fanatic

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
No one here wants Martin/Michalik/any of the other defensive defensmen you guys overpaid for like morons 2 years ago. (Sorry, but your team -way- overreacted to losing Scuderi) I mean if you look at Martin, he's like a rich man's Cola.....a very rich man's Cola, as he is making over double Cola's salary, yet producing at about the same PPG level over the last few years. Why would we even think of touching that?
Sheesh guy, no need to get hateful. Considering the market for defensemen on July 1st, 2010 I'd hardly consider the Pens morons for paying what they paid for Martin and Michalek. Both were incredibly good last season and neither has fully met their respective expectations this season, although I think its fair to say that both have been better than Orpik. Also, Martin has never been and will never be an offensively productive defenseman... but he is and always has been a steady #1-2, high minute munching defensive defenseman. Comparing him and what he bring for his salary to Colaiacovo is far more moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I would not mind Tangradi and a pick coming back from Pittsburgh if the Blues were to move CGDS. Tangradi has been close to a point-per-game player this year while in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and has had some cups of coffee with the Pens this year. He just turned 23, has NHL size at 6' 4, 232, and can find the net without a map. He would be a perfect replacement for CGDS, I think, and both players could probably benefit from a change of scenery.

Would LOVE to see the Blues land Orpik somehow, as I've always liked his game, but I don't see how they could do that without really screwing up the chemistry. Trading for Orpik at this point seems to me like a Garth Butcher deal waiting to happen...
I'm not sold on giving up Tangradi but at the same time he has been probably the most underused, misused, and disregarded prospect the Pens have had in a while. Grading on potential (this is HF afterall), he could easily develop into a solid Top 6 powerforward. That being said the Pens org is nowhere near good at developing forwards as compared to defensemen. If the Blues would be willing to give him more of a chance and put serious effort into his development, he could be amazing.

Also, I love Orpik but he has easily (IMHO) been the Pens worst d-man all season. He had major hernia surgery last summer which has taken its toll but within the past month he's been getting back to his game. Still inconsistent and prone to boneheaded plays, but you know what this guy and bring and how valuable he would be.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
Pens don't have what we want/need, unless Crosby/Malkin/Staal/Neal/Orpik is the piece being discussed. (Which I'm sure is a non-starter)

No one here wants Martin/Michalik/any of the other defensive defensmen you guys overpaid for like morons 2 years ago. (Sorry, but your team -way- overreacted to losing Scuderi) I mean if you look at Martin, he's like a rich man's Cola.....a very rich man's Cola, as he is making over double Cola's salary, yet producing at about the same PPG level over the last few years. Why would we even think of touching that?

We don't need more prospects. We have a pipeline stocked with offensive talent coming over the horizon. We need two things. 1) Top LHD to pair with AP. 2) True #1 playmaking Center. Now you guys have some of those imo, but you aren't going to trade them for Stewart, and that's perfectly fine.

This franchise is on a tight rope. We can't afford even one stupid/bad contract without significantly hurting this franchise.

Best of luck to you guys in the playoffs, I really hope Sid gets back before the games start to matter. I think if you're fully healthy you're the team to beat.
1. Thanks for the ending paragraph. Best of luck to you guys too.

2. Where this talk comes from, just so you know, is some questions some of us had about the Pens scouting the Blues the last few weeks. Now, unless Shero and Armstrong do things differently, the way this usually works is one of them initiates a 'hey, how's it going' thing, where they do the superficial chit chat, talk about their respective teams and where they see needs, and then turn the chat to guys who MAY be potentially available. At that point, they decide if they want to explore it any further. If they do, that's when the teams start scouting each other. So, I'll ask you this:

WHAT PLAYERS WHO MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE BLUES WOULD THE PENS BE SCOUTING? WHAT PLAYERS WHO MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE PENS MIGHT THE BLUES BE INTERESTED IN BY WAY OF A RETURN?

I mean, if Ray says 'Doug, I like that Oshie kid' and Armstrong asks about Staal, then that preliminary conversation is where it ends. Teams don't spend the money or waste the precious time of their scouts as the deadline nears to scout one another for the heck of it. And, it's not a case where the Pens would scout the Blues AND then ask about Stewart without having an idea (a) if he was available and (b) what Armstrong might want by way of return that Shero would be willing to trade.

That's why we came up with the list of names . . . Stewart is available. Colaiacovo could be moved if an upgrade was acquired. BUT, those are the only names I could see the Blues potentially moving AND the Pens having any chance of acquiring who might fill a need of theirs. Conversely, Armstrong knows the usual Pens suspects aren't available. He knew it before talking to Shero. So, there's got to be something the Pens have that interested him for some reason, be it a top four defenseman (Martin or Michalek) OR a cap related move (with all your RFA's, getting Kennedy and a high end defensive prospect, where your organizational depth is leaner, I believe, might make some sense). Can you think of what Armstrong could acquire from the Pens that might interest him enough to have teams scouting one another?

It's very likely nothing comes of it. BUT, with the rumor mill so scarce for our teams, it's a lot more fun to try to have an intelligent conversation about something we know (the Blues and Pens are talking to the extent that they've recently scouted or still are scouting each other) than to throw 'I really wish we could get this guy' BS against the wall.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
KIRK

Quote:

Orpik would be a really, really interesting play for the Blues. I'll put it to you this way: I really doubt that he'd be available. BUT, it's not 100% inconceivable. That said, it would take a major overpayment for him. Stewart would have to be a start. Colaiacovo would have to be added for the stretch run for the Pens. And, then a significant prospect would need to be added.

As for Tangradi, I can and do see him getting moved. I don't think he's a bust. His skating doesn't make him a fit for Bylsma's system. Right coach, right opportunity, and he can be an impact second/third line tweener. He's just not going to get that chance in Pittsburgh.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Well, if the Blues, who are rumored to be scouting Hamrlik heavily, do wind up making a trade where Colaiacovo does not go back the other way, then perhaps you're looking at Colaiacovo.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:37 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

All this makes sense, just depends on the + with Tangradi.

Let's not repeat the Butcher trade because ironically enough it butchered our team. Don't know why we traded away an entire line.

Old
02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Well, if the Blues, who are rumored to be scouting Hamrlik heavily, do wind up making a trade where Colaiacovo does not go back the other way, then perhaps you're looking at Colaiacovo.
1. Couldn't see the Pens wanting Colaiacovo unless it were in a deal for one of their top four defensemen, the idea being to use Colaiacovo as a bridge until next season when Despres steps in.

2. Having watched Roman Hamrlik this year, I don't know that you should want him in your top six. If anything, he'd be a depth addition, a guy who's a much better safety net in case someone gets hurt or falters.

Closed Thread