HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
They aren't even gonna bother taking offers from us, they want to move him to the East if they have to give up that much talent they sure as hell don't want to be playing against it for playoff seeds and series. The rumor mill has most of the trade talks focused on the NorthEast.
I think Colorado and St. Louis debunked that theory last year.

Besides if they are willing to trade Bobby Ryan, it means they aren't looking at the playoffs this season

Old
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Jzk

vCash: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post

Besides if they are willing to trade Bobby Ryan, it means they aren't looking at the playoffs this season
That isn't necessarily true. They could be looking for 2-3 good depth type players. Their biggest problem is they're a one line team with Selanne thrown in the mix.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
TerminatorBlue

vCash: 500
I would do it without Cole, we've been on such a roll lately I don't know if Army will want to touch the team. Though Berglund and Stewart have done nothing to really help us win with just 13 points between them.

Perron - Berglund - Ryan ....would be exciting to see.

BTW isn't Chris Stewart a RFA at the end of the season?

Old
11-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
I would do it without Cole, we've been on such a roll lately I don't know if Army will want to touch the team. Though Berglund and Stewart have done nothing to really help us win with just 13 points between them.

Perron - Berglund - Ryan ....would be exciting to see.

BTW isn't Chris Stewart a RFA at the end of the season?
Yeah he is a RFA

Old
11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
How would people feel about Steen in a deal for Ryan?

Obviously not straight up, but in a package?

Old
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
stlweir

Waht is Ryan's contract?

Old
11-29-2011, 10:34 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
How would people feel about Steen in a deal for Ryan?

Obviously not straight up, but in a package?
No, Steen, Backes, and Oshie are too valuable with their all-round games to trade. Once, Stewart starts scoring the need for Ryan won't be as big. If we trade for Ryan, Berglund or Stewart will have to be the center piece.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:37 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Waht is Ryan's contract?
signed till 2014-2015 at 5.1 per year.

Probably a little more than Stewart will cost, assuming Stewart gets back to doing what he can do.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

How does this 2-Part trade look?

Part 1 (Cap Hits)

To BOS: Chris Stewart ($2.875M), Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.125), 3rd
To STL: David Krejci ($3.75), Jordan Caron ($1.1M)

New Lineup BOS

Milan Lucic-Tyler Seguin -Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Chris Stewart
Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg-Joe Corvo
Carlo Colaiacovo/Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Part 2 (Cap Hits)

To ANH: Patrik Berglund ($2.25M), Matt D'Agostini ($1.65M), 2nd, Jori Lethra (look up his KHL stats)
To STL: Bobby Ryan

New Lineup ANH
Cogliano-Getzlaf-Perry
Hagman-Patrik Berglund -Selanne
McMillan -Koivu -Matt D'Agostini
Maxime Macenauer-Maxwell-Gordon

Beauchemin-Fowler
Lydman-Sbisa
Foster/Guenin-Brookbank

New Lineup STL
Perron-David Krejci-Bobby Ryan
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Sobotka-Arnott-Langenbrunner
Sterling-Nichol-Reaves
Caron / Grachev

Cole-Pietrangelo
Russell-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Polak

Old
11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post

Part 1 (Cap Hits)

New Lineup BOS

Milan Lucic-Tyler Seguin -Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Chris Stewart
Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Rich Peverley
Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg-Joe Corvo
Carlo Colaiacovo/Andrew Ference-Adam McQuaid

Part 2 (Cap Hits)

To ANH: Patrik Berglund ($2.25M), Matt D'Agostini ($1.65M), 2nd, Jori Lethra (look up his KHL stats)

New Lineup ANH
Cogliano-Getzlaf-Perry
Hagman-Patrik Berglund -Selanne
McMillan -Koivu -Matt D'Agostini
Maxime Macenauer-Maxwell-Gordon

Beauchemin-Fowler
Lydman-Sbisa
Foster/Guenin-Brookbank

New Lineup STL
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Sterling-Nichol-Reaves
Caron / Grachev

Cole-Pietrangelo
Russell-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Polak
I kinda like it. I think all teams get what they are looking for. I just wonder if the Ducks would go for a deal around Stewart and Ryan could get Berglund scoring. I don't know what Berglund's problem is because he is working hard and playing well, just not getting points. I don't know if I would rather have Krejci and Ryan or Berglund and Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

All this talk about Ryan, but what about Iginla? Calgary is 13th in the West, but Iginla only has 7 goals and 11 points, which makes it an interesting case. Calgary could be in a position to rebuild and dump salary, so a deal around Schwartz could work. He is signed for this season and next season, so he is more of a glorified rental. Any interest and do you think it is even possible?

Old
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
EOM

Keep it simple, Stewart for Ryan. Two young, talented power forwards who are struggling on their current team. I don't really see how Ryan is worth more than Stewart, at least not significantly more. Maybe we would have to add a 2nd rounder or a prospect.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
All this talk about Ryan, but what about Iginla? Calgary is 13th in the West, but Iginla only has 7 goals and 11 points, which makes it an interesting case. Calgary could be in a position to rebuild and dump salary, so a deal around Schwartz could work. He is signed for this season and next season, so he is more of a glorified rental. Any interest and do you think it is even possible?
I wouldn't trade Schwartz for two years of an aging Iginla.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
I kinda like it. I think all teams get what they are looking for. I just wonder if the Ducks would go for a deal around Stewart and Ryan could get Berglund scoring. I don't know what Berglund's problem is because he is working hard and playing well, just not getting points. I don't know if I would rather have Krejci and Ryan or Berglund and Ryan.
Apparently the Ducks want a second line center plus a top six forward, but the Blues can not afford to loose a center without one coming back. Thats why I didn't center the Ryan deal around Stewart and instead moved him for a center.

Boston needs to make room for Seguin as a center and Krejci is apparetly the expendable piece. Gaining a top RW fits their needs.

The Blues seem to need a playmaking center and Krejci gives us that. Plus we pick up Ryan and loose Stewart. Seems a win/win for us. If ANH prefers Krejci, then maybe we swap him and keep Berglund.

The reason I think we make better players than Boston, is because of the prospect depth we have coming up in Tarasenko. It makes a a winger more expendable. Plus we have the cheaper players and can send back two top six forwards for the same price they are paying Ryan, which seems to be an importatnt part of the deal. Apparently Murray's hands are cuffed financially. The Bruins could not offer up a better package at the same or lower salary cost.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:12 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
I wouldn't trade Schwartz for two years of an aging Iginla.
Yeah, it would be hard, but Iginla would/should cost a lot less than Ryan. Not sure McRae would be good enough or if Rattie is developed enough, but we could potentially get Iginla without giving up much from the roster, probably D'Agostini for roster purposes or someone with potential like Grachev.

D'Agostini/Grachev+McRae/Rattie+1st? Expecting the pick to be late, especially if we get Iginla.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Apparently the Ducks want a second line center plus a top six forward, but the Blues can not afford to loose a center without one coming back. Thats why I didn't center the Ryan deal around Stewart and instead moved him for a center.

Boston needs to make room for Seguin as a center and Krejci is apparetly the expendable piece. Gaining a top RW fits their needs.

The Blues seem to need a playmaking center and Krejci gives us that. Plus we pick up Ryan and loose Stewart. Seems a win/win for us. If ANH prefers Krejci, then maybe we swap him and keep Berglund.

The reason I think we make better players than Boston, is because of the prospect depth we have coming up in Tarasenko. It makes a a winger more expendable. Plus we have the cheaper players and can send back two top six forwards for the same price they are paying Ryan, which seems to be an importatnt part of the deal. Apparently Murray's hands are cuffed financially. The Bruins could not offer up a better package at the same or lower salary cost.
Yeah, the whole thing makes sense, financially and value wise. Definitely a shakeup and a message that we want to win. We upgrade a little for this season and even if Berglund and Stewart develop, we still have Krejci and Ryan who are both young. Losing D'Agostini really doesn't matter to me, he hasn't done much this season, besides at the start.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:

Part 1 (Cap Hits)

Part 2 (Cap Hits)

New Lineup STL
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Sterling-Nichol-Reaves
Caron / Grachev

Cole-Pietrangelo
Russell-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Polak
Is Bobby Ryan not a left winger? In which case we would be quite short on the right. Other that that, it isn't bad, but it is a big shake up for a team that is currently winning. Okay, the guys aren't putting up the points, but they are still out there a fair bit every game.

I would seriously consider a trade based around Stewart for Krejci even without the second trade. I know it leaves us with 5 centres, and we all hate that it would probably see Backes move to RW for the rest of the season, but I don't think that makes us a worse team. Next season is when we'd see the real benefit of a trade like that.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:43 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Is Bobby Ryan not a left winger? In which case we would be quite short on the right. Other that that, it isn't bad, but it is a big shake up for a team that is currently winning. Okay, the guys aren't putting up the points, but they are still out there a fair bit every game.

I would seriously consider a trade based around Stewart for Krejci even without the second trade. I know it leaves us with 5 centres, and we all hate that it would probably see Backes move to RW for the rest of the season, but I don't think that makes us a worse team. Next season is when we'd see the real benefit of a trade like that.
Personally I'm not a fan of Backes on the wing, but the idea of Backes, Krejci, Berglund, and Arnott as our 4 centers is pretty intriguing. The formula has worked for Pittsburgh and we would be able to really shut teams down.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

Bobby Ryan plays on the left side, but has been a RW for most of his career. He is a right handed shot.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Personally I'm not a fan of Backes on the wing, but the idea of Backes, Krejci, Berglund, and Arnott as our 4 centers is pretty intriguing. The formula has worked for Pittsburgh and we would be able to really shut teams down.
I wonder how Berglund would do on wing. Can you imagin Krejci feeding him and Perron or Steen the puck?

Old
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I wonder how Berglund would do on wing. Can you imagin Krejci feeding him and Perron or Steen the puck?
Someone needs to lock Berglund in a room and put videos of Malkin on a loop. It would solve everything.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:

Bobby Ryan isn't going to retire at the end of the year, that doesn't change things. He's also way more established than anyone in the EJ deal, and Colorado was already in a full rebuild and had been obliterated by injuries for 2 years straight.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:51 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Keep it simple, Stewart for Ryan. Two young, talented power forwards who are struggling on their current team. I don't really see how Ryan is worth more than Stewart, at least not significantly more. Maybe we would have to add a 2nd rounder or a prospect.

That doesn't address Anaheim's needs. The Ducks aren't trading Ryan just to trade Ryan, they are looking for depth for the top end of their roster.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Herb25*

Quote:
Someone needs to lock Berglund in a room and put videos of Malkin on a loop. It would solve everything.
Someone needs to lock Stewart in a room and show him videos of Tkachuk, Neely & Tocchet.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
You guys are conjuring up visions of A Clockwork Orange.

Closed Thread