HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 06:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
You guys are conjuring up visions of A Clockwork Orange.
aren't you glad we came up with the idea of this thread

Old
11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Would anyone else like to see the Blues keep the current roster and give Berglund and Stewy more time?
They are both in slumps, but to be blunt, especially in Berglunds case - they are both creating chances. At this point, they have just not been able to cash in. If they were both struggling to create chances and looked lost, I would be ready to move them on, but I think - in both cases, they just need to get that one goal to go in.

Also something that no one seems to have brought up - the SOB line during the first 5 games was really clicking. Then McDonald goes down and that line hasn't seen an even stregnth shift since.

I would really like to see Stewie, Berglund and Oshie back together. I feel that it would get the later two's games going.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Would anyone else like to see the Blues keep the current roster and give Berglund and Stewy more time?
They are both in slumps, but to be blunt, especially in Berglunds case - they are both creating chances. At this point, they have just not been able to cash in. If they were both struggling to create chances and looked lost, I would be ready to move them on, but I think - in both cases, they just need to get that one goal to go in.

Also something that no one seems to have brought up - the SOB line during the first 5 games was really clicking. Then McDonald goes down and that line hasn't seen an even stregnth shift since.

I would really like to see Stewie, Berglund and Oshie back together. I feel that it would get the later two's games going.
I don't want to break up Steen, Backes, and Oshie, but how about the PBS line, a little more family friendly.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:

I honestly don't have a problem with giving Berglund more time.

Personally, I don't care for Stewart's play. He is pretty useless when he isn't scoring. Plus, he doesn't do much else even when he is putting up points.

I like the idea of the SOB line, but then who plays with Steen and Backes? Why break up a great line thats winning us games? So, as much as I like the idea, I can't justify it.

Personally I hope we see a line of Perron, Berglund and Stewart real soon. I think that could be the spark that sets that line off on a torrid pace.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
You guys are conjuring up visions of A Clockwork Orange.
Bring the milk.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Herb25*

Quote:

I am willing to give Berglund some more time. Stewart can just go play football, he seems disinterested in hockey. But if we were to trade him, the Blues would need some toughness in return.

Maybe he'll play inspired hockey alongside his brother in Carolina. A deal involving Stewart, with Ruutu & Gleason coming back.

Or an Iginla package
Or a Doan package (if they fall out of the playoff race)
Or a Morrow package (if they fall out of the playoff race)

Old
11-29-2011, 07:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Steen-Oshie-Backes, just sayin

Old
11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Steen-Oshie-Backes, just sayin
LOL I legit thought that's who they were talking about with SOB at first

Old
11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Herb25*

No player on the Blues should be paid more than David Backes.

That includes if the Blues were to acquire Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb25 View Post
No player on the Blues should be paid more than David Backes.

That includes if the Blues were to acquire Bobby Ryan.
Well after we get the Taylor's financial backing, Parise and Suter will make more than Backes...

Old
11-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I honestly don't have a problem with giving Berglund more time.

Personally, I don't care for Stewart's play. He is pretty useless when he isn't scoring. Plus, he doesn't do much else even when he is putting up points.

I like the idea of the SOB line, but then who plays with Steen and Backes? Why break up a great line thats winning us games? So, as much as I like the idea, I can't justify it.

Personally I hope we see a line of Perron, Berglund and Stewart real soon. I think that could be the spark that sets that line off on a torrid pace.
Well, personally, I don't think we can win with 1 line going - and I do agree - why break up a good thing, but... The 2nd line doesn't have a guy who can spark play with stick handling and puck control.

And the real problem isn't scoring goals from the 2nd line - it is carrying the puck and passing. D'Ago (uses a big cannon), Bergi (carries pucks off the boards), and Stewie (find quiet areas in the ice) are all guys who look to shoot. They don't make the nifty pass and for the most part they aren't looking to do so. They don't see the ice that well.

Right now, Steen and Oshie are our two best puck moving forward - passing wise. D'ago did very well last year on Backes's wing. I would like to move him back up there and move Steen back. I don't think you lose anything defensively with the move - as in our away games - Berglund's line faces the opponents top line anyways.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Well, personally, I don't think we can win with 1 line going - and I do agree - why break up a good thing, but... The 2nd line doesn't have a guy who can spark play with stick handling and puck control.

And the real problem isn't scoring goals from the 2nd line - it is carrying the puck and passing. D'Ago (uses a big cannon), Bergi (carries pucks off the boards), and Stewie (find quiet areas in the ice) are all guys who look to shoot. They don't make the nifty pass and for the most part they aren't looking to do so. They don't see the ice that well.

Right now, Steen and Oshie are our two best puck moving forward - passing wise. D'ago did very well last year on Backes's wing. I would like to move him back up there and move Steen back. I don't think you lose anything defensively with the move - as in our away games - Berglund's line faces the opponents top line anyways.
If the coaches know that Perron is close to returning then I would wait.

I would also wait until there is a slump for our 1st line before breaking it up. Play them together as long as we are winning.

If they really need to shake up the lines, then maybe they just change them up for away games. That way we can match the current first line against other team's 1st during home games and away games, when we don't have as much control, we can try to spark the 2nd line players by shaking things up. That might be dicey, because of the disruption of a congealing unit. However, I would be willing to give it a shot.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:30 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Edit: Double post

Last edited by CarvinSigX: 12-01-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old
12-01-2011, 01:35 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Crazy thought that would never happen, but wanted to gauge value.

St. Louis
Stewart
McDonald
Schwartz
Huskins

Edmonton
Hall

We'd get a true scoring threat, but give up a lot. They get Stewart, who would flourish with RNH. They also get a good, although injury prone center, as well as a great prospect.

Old
12-01-2011, 02:12 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post

St. Louis
Stewart
McDonald
Schwartz
Huskins

Edmonton
Hall

We'd get a true scoring threat, but give up a lot. They get Stewart, who would flourish with RNH. They also get a good, although injury prone center, as well as a great prospect.
I think this makes us a decidedly worse team. Definitely now and next year, and probably down the road as well.

Old
12-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post

St. Louis
Stewart
McDonald
Schwartz
Huskins

Edmonton
Hall

holy massive overpayment batman

Old
12-01-2011, 07:14 AM
h22prelude93

Hull tweeted:

Quote:
A Bobby Ryan to St.Louis #traderumour.... I think I like that. #bleedblue #stlouisblues #nhl

Old
12-01-2011, 07:32 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Hull tweeted:
What does that even mean? Hull with credible info or Hull making an opinion.

For what it's worth Eklund says we are interested.

Old
12-01-2011, 07:47 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Hull tweeted:
That isn't Hull's twitter, just a fan. Hull's is 2ndBestHull.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:10 AM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
That isn't Hull's twitter, just a fan. Hull's is 2ndBestHull.
Wow, now I feel dumb. Thanks for the heads up. Either way, I think Anaheims asking price would be too high. However, If something like Stewart, Cole, and a 1st round pick could do it then I'm game.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:30 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Wow, now I feel dumb. Thanks for the heads up. Either way, I think Anaheims asking price would be too high. However, If something like Stewart, Cole, and a 1st round pick could do it then I'm game.
i wouldn't package cole for anything short of a superstar. ryan is not a superstar. the overpayment they would want is not anything id be willing to part with.

we just need to be a little more patient with bergs and stewart. berglund has been playing better, working the PK, and learning a new style of play. its been harder for him to adapt than, say, oshie but i think he will get it.

stewart on the other hand needs to pick it up or i could see him being moved closer to the deadline...the question is for what.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Someone is going to have to explain this love of Cole. I see a young defender with promise, but nothing that the Blues couldn't work around losing. A chance to pick up a guy like Ryan seems like more than enough compensation for parting with Cole.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
puckerdude10

Quote:
Someone is going to have to explain this love of Cole. I see a young defender with promise, but nothing that the Blues couldn't work around losing. A chance to pick up a guy like Ryan seems like more than enough compensation for parting with Cole.
I personally agree with the cole thing. From what I have seen, which I will admit has only been about 10 games worth of play, is that he is big strong smart and can move the puck. I love what I have seen and think he will be great especially paired with petro or shatty. The other thing about getting rid of cole is that at one time our homegrown defense was going to be absolutly awsome with Johnson, Petro, Rundblad, Cole, Polak, and one of nikitn, k berglund or another one of our defense prospects. I think some people get hung up on the fact they dont want to see all of that die and we have already traded half of it away. I also personally dont see a reason to get rid of cole for anything less then a top pairing LHD (suter type) or a top line offensive talent (parise, staal, getzlaf etc.).

Old
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Who would replace Cole in the current lineup? With Huskins and Colaiacovo both out, we would be a worse team even if we traded for Ryan. If we had a fully healthy defensive corps, I would be open to Cole, especially if we get a new owner would would spend money on a free agent defenseman in the off season, with Suter and Gleason due for free agency.

Is Cole untouchable, no, but until we get Colaiacovo and/or Huskins back we really can't trade him.

Old
12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
stlweir

This team is winning without scoring like it can. Keep the top line together and add Perron to the Berlund Stewart line and they could catch fire. They still need to find a way to get the PP going and they will be an even better team.

Closed Thread