HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #20 Kings v RedWings, 11/19/11 - POST GAME LOSE, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-19-2011, 08:48 PM
mysteryman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Mr Murray, what do you have to say for yourself and why in the entire blanking world should we have any confidence in you and or your ability to take us to a cup? We have the horses but I can't see where we have the coaching to get us past the first round let alone the cup.

This game is YOUR loss coach. Our team has to be better prepared than it was today. We have the talent, we are beating most of the teams that we *should* be beating but when it comes to the teams that we are supposed to be as good as or better than we fail and I am talking end of the movie *the mist* fail.

Time for you to either step up or step off Murray and don't you dare blame anyone other than yourself.
I couldnt agree more. No reason other teams with far lesser rosters are doing far more with less. Watching the game as well as the habs/Rags I couldnt help but think how not only does our system repressed our stars talents but also offers up a strategy that probably doesnt elicit a lot of excitement and energy to participate in. Not saying athletes shouldnt be prepared and earn their paycheck-but playing in a system that diminishes and deemphasizes skill and talent probably isnt a lot of fun for our skilled players.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:22 PM
LombardiTool

Too much over analyzing going on here. A desperate team played a team that was playing there 3rd game in 2.5 days.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Sorry for dbl post but...

Agree he was tentative at times, but disagree that he's not ready. The team needs to invest in NHL experience for the kid. You can't expect every rookie to come bustin down the door every single game. Even this game, he wasn't that bad. Better than Parse at least.

The team has no choice really now anyway. A great time for him to get experience. He will get his bounces soon.
He reminds me of Purcell before we traded him. Just a kid who's not fully invested in playing in the NHL. Yet. He has to show more at the NHL level. Too many giveaways in this game, he was a liability.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I still can't believe LA lost to the wings. The wings are such a bad team and it could have been such an easy win, but the Kings didn't even try. TM really needs to get that team focused and playing at the level they should be at before it's too late. I wish they would do what St. Louis was willing to do and just fire him. I'm sure someone out there could do the job and bring the team farther than TM could.

Anyone know why the game was so early today? Is something going on at Staples tonight or what?...

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:24 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
I couldnt agree more. No reason other teams with far lesser rosters are doing far more with less. Watching the game as well as the habs/Rags I couldnt help but think how not only does our system repressed our stars talents but also offers up a strategy that probably doesnt elicit a lot of excitement and energy to participate in. Not saying athletes shouldnt be prepared and earn their paycheck-but playing in a system that diminishes and deemphasizes skill and talent probably isnt a lot of fun for our skilled players.
The Red Wings have been inconsistent this season, but they are not a lesser team. Still a lot of talent on the Detroit team.

Are we going to see this kind of stuff after every loss where the players just don't have their legs?

Does Murray get any credit for the recent winning streak?

I'm not saying he is the greatest coach ever or even one of the best in the NHL, but let's not blame coaching for a lack of energy from the players, which is what the loss today was all about.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:26 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Red Wings have been inconsistent this season, but they are not a lesser team. Still a lot of talent on the Detroit team.

Are we going to see this kind of stuff after every loss where the players just don't have their legs?

I'm not saying he is the greatest coach ever or even one of the best in the NHL, but let's not blame coaching for a lack of energy from the players, which is what the loss today was all about.
we played the ducks twice.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:28 PM
damacles1156

Quote:

Exactly.

Every year everyone says the Same thing. The Wings are old, age will catch up with them ETC ETC.

And every year the Wings just shove it down people's throats. The Wings are an Elite team in this league until PROVEN otherwise.

They just took the Kings to School. Seriously what is Terry Murray suppose to do; When your bottom six Can't defend or apply pressure what so ever.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Bright side: at least the kings aren't the hawks tonight.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:34 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post

Loktionov's not ready. Tentative everywhere, especially in the offensive zone.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this finally. I said the same thing last game, and that he was super tentative, made some bad mistakes with and without the puck last game again the Ducks but I got jumped on for my comments. I know Voynov and Lokti are the new players to love, but Lokti needs to be stronger on the puck. He spent most of tonight's game watching Detroit (though, so did a lot of the Kings). IMO, he played the last game the same as well.

JBernierFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:35 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:

1. Red Wings are a much lesser team filled with old players.

2. Yes, no excuse for it. These guys are getting payed millions to show up and do their job.

3. The winning streak where in each of the games (Not counting the Wild) we almost let the other team come back and win.

4. If the team comes out with no effort, that is 100% on the coach.

TM gets credit for teaching young players how to play solid defense. It is now time for him to go. The Kings have too much talent to be playing at the level they are.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:36 PM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I don't know, all I see are a bunch of names. I don't see how many points they each have. Regardless, Stoll hasn't been terrible. He could use some help on the wings or have Lokti center and Stoll over at RW. Like I said, we have the players to make our bottom six more productive. It's up to TM to make the right line combos.
this!

i dont think TM is a bad coach, he is just a dumb coach, IMO

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:55 PM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap1nt View Post

2. Yes, no excuse for it. These guys are getting payed millions to show up and do their job.

3. The winning streak where in each of the games (Not counting the Wild) we almost let the other team come back and win.

TM gets credit for teaching young players how to play solid defense. It is now time for him to go. The Kings have too much talent to be playing at the level they are.
lol what?! thats just ludacris. the only blame i would put on TM, is not starting bernier, he deserves the start and quick definitely needed a rest.

it was our third game in just four days, and you say its the coaches fault for less than 100 % effort?? they are only human... except richards of coarse.

we have a much needed 2 day break to recoup... chillax bro

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Nex06

It's funny how Detroit is supposed to be a crappy team after Kings lose to them, but when someone suggests trading for one of their "oldies", those oldies are super stars and there is no way Detroit would be interested trading them for our Penners, Stolls, Voynovs etc.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I am now 1-3-1 at live games.

lol I shouldn't watch the Kings live anymore

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post

Yes, do all of us a favor, please.

It's okay though, I'm going to see them soon and it will my 6th game in 3 seasons from when I started watching hockey and they have yet to win.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:

Yeah, actually, you've been traded to the dux board for future considerations.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:26 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Yes, do all of us a favor, please.

It's okay though, I'm going to see them soon and it will my 6th game in 3 seasons from when I started watching hockey and they have yet to win.
That just means you're due for a Win Shellz

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I still can't believe LA lost to the wings. The wings are such a bad team and it could have been such an easy win, but the Kings didn't even try. TM really needs to get that team focused and playing at the level they should be at before it's too late. I wish they would do what St. Louis was willing to do and just fire him. I'm sure someone out there could do the job and bring the team farther than TM could.

Anyone know why the game was so early today? Is something going on at Staples tonight or what?...
Did you forget a at the end of this?

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:34 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yeah, actually, you've been traded to the dux board for future considerations.
You can't trade me i'm on IR.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:20 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That just means you're due for a Win Shellz
I really freakin hope so.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:58 AM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
You can't trade me i'm on IR.
Then you'd feel right at home on Edmonton's board...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
Dustin "Killer" Brown.

Play Killer that is...

Missed direct passes to Stoll and Williams in the slot, totally over thought that open shot in the slot in the 3rd and screws it up, and can't even see Richard behind the net so he passes it back to the blue line and it gets clears out.

The dude does well with the physical game and can bring a hard shot...

but he flat out KILLS plays on offense.

Dustin the Play Killer Brown - should be on the 3rd line and hardly ever on the ice for PP's IMO.

End.
He'd still find a way to **** up the 3rd line. Dude has loads of skill, just no hockey smarts. Frustrating beyond belief. I can't wait until MR gets paired with Gagne and Williams.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 09:14 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Just another 1PM start where we come out flatter than a tortilla...
Stupid matinee games.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Ollie Weeks

Didn't watch the game, but we appear to have lost 4-1 to the Red Wings. 2 power play goals against and none for, a shorty, decent number of shots for both sides, highlights indicate a fair number of chances that could have tilted the outcome in our favour had we scored.

My conclusion? We lost to the Red Wings, **** happens, on to the next game.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:09 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Do the players have any responsibility in your world?

You do realize that yesterday was the Kings' 3rd game in 4 nights, right? Whereas the Red Wings were a desperate hockey club and have been playing every other night for a week.

And for the person that said the recent success doesn't matter - Wins against the Preds and the Wild don't count for something? I suppose beating the Rangers, Flyers, and Stars twice (the Stars weren't losing to anyone but the Kings at the time) early in the season don't matter either?

I'm not making excuses for the poor play in yesterday's game, but c'mon people games like this happen over the course of an 82-game schedule.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote