HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Mikko a #1 Center?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2011, 06:25 PM
  #26
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 500
There's a reason many of us here left wild.com... and the attitude there is one of many.

There is no sense or reason to want to dump Koivu at all.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:27 PM
  #27
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
for Staal as I mentioned in Trade forum. Staal bring points/goals and leadership.
Not to mention a LOVELY plus/minus rating of -18! You want goals and assists, but a guy who sucks defensively put onto a Wild team who's defense is full of kids. While our top line is sucking offensively, they are helping out in other ways. Don't underestimate them in that regards.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:31 PM
  #28
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
There's a reason many of us here left wild.com... and the attitude there is one of many.
I left because of the high school drama. There are some nice, smart people over there, but every other hockey thread turned into a pi**ing match that had nothing to do with the topic itself. Just needed a new change of scenery.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:34 PM
  #29
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
that my friend is pretty unpopular statement among "wild" fans.
Yeah, yeah.

Would you say the same when he is with Team Finland and when he won the Gold medal?

Let's not forget their head coach said it was Koivu's team.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:35 PM
  #30
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 500
Should you go lay out in the snow nude? Yeah, didn't think so.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:36 PM
  #31
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
I left because of the high school drama. There are some nice, smart people over there, but every other hockey thread turned into a pi**ing match that had nothing to do with the topic itself. Just needed a new change of scenery.
Life is one ****in big pissing contest, and your right mikko is definately better in defensive end than Staal, buut we are 1-3 years away from competing so in that regard i wouldn't mind his +/- stats

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:37 PM
  #32
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Should you go lay out in the snow nude? Yeah, didn't think so.
Depends....is there a hot tub 10-15 ft. away?

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:39 PM
  #33
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Yeah, yeah.

Would you say the same when he is with Team Finland and when he won the Gold medal?

Let's not forget their head coach said it was Koivu's team.
this is actually good argument and all i can say is that maybe he was more vocal cos all his teammates were finnish, lame argument from my side but all i can think off

to you sir

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:41 PM
  #34
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Yeah, yeah.

Would you say the same when he is with Team Finland and when he won the Gold medal?

Let's not forget their head coach said it was Koivu's team.
I find it amazing he takes "wild.com" opinions and calls that a consensus for what "Wild fans" think.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:45 PM
  #35
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I find it amazing he takes "wild.com" opinions and calls that a consensus for what "Wild fans" think.
yeah, i was gonna make a wild.com account once, then i read the message boards....

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:45 PM
  #36
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I find it amazing he takes "wild.com" opinions and calls that a consensus for what "Wild fans" think.
they are fans all the same buddy

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:46 PM
  #37
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
they are fans all the same buddy
They may call themselves fans, but they are FAR from the majority of fans, and you know it! Thus how you can say they speak for all fans is absurd!

Mikko Koivu still gets the loudest ovation in team introductions at home... which I think more than speaks volumes of what most Wild fans think of him.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:50 PM
  #38
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
They may call themselves fans, but they are FAR from the majority of fans, and you know it! Thus how you can say they speak for all fans is absurd!
haha yeah they seem kinda conservative for me too, but i thought it would be appropriate to add them to my research

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:54 PM
  #39
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Come on guys. Momma Hen here saying let's not start a "them vs. us" board war. There's good and crazy people on both sides of the fences.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  #40
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Come on guys. Momma Hen here saying let's not start a "them vs. us" board war. There's good and crazy people on both sides of the fences.

hahhahahaha

I think i need more backups in form of jarick and lemaireisgod to make that happen so lets enjoy exciting wild vs blues game for now on.

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
  #41
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Come on guys. Momma Hen here saying let's not start a "them vs. us" board war. There's good and crazy people on both sides of the fences.
My last post was not meant as an us vs them post, but a simple fact... they nor even us are anywhere close to the majority of Wild fans. (Hence why I brought up the cheers he gets at the X for introductions... a better example of the true crowd's voice about their opinion of Mikko)

MOST Wild fans don't show up on message boards, so you have to talk to them in person. Most that I know have nothing but praise for Mikko all the time... and know a goal scoring slump is just that... a goal scoring slump.

EVERY player in the league runs into a slump at some time or another.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
  #42
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
My last post was not meant as an us vs them post, but a simple fact... they nor even us are anywhere close to the majority of Wild fans. (Hence why I brought up the cheers he gets at the X for introductions... a better example of the true crowd's voice about their opinion of Mikko)

MOST Wild fans don't show up on message boards, so you have to talk to them in person. Most that I know have nothing but praise for Mikko all the time... and know a goal scoring slump is just that... a goal scoring slump.

EVERY player in the league runs into a slump at some time or another.
Very true.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
  #43
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
My last post was not meant as an us vs them post, but a simple fact... they nor even us are anywhere close to the majority of Wild fans. (Hence why I brought up the cheers he gets at the X for introductions... a better example of the true crowd's voice about their opinion of Mikko)

MOST Wild fans don't show up on message boards, so you have to talk to them in person. Most that I know have nothing but praise for Mikko all the time... and know a goal scoring slump is just that... a goal scoring slump.

EVERY player in the league runs into a slump at some time or another.
E. Staal would be nice don't you think ^^

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:07 PM
  #44
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
E. Staal would be nice don't you think ^^
Koivu + Granlund = Better

One of the biggest problems with this club in the past is that they never had any decent prospects. You've got to grow some talent from within. Well, now we've got one. Why on earth would you want to give him away? Note: I mention that, because you suggested trading him with Koivu in the other thread.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:10 PM
  #45
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Koivu + Granlund = Better

One of the biggest problems with this club in the past is that they never had any decent prospects. You've got to grow some talent from within. Well, now we've got one. Why on earth would you want to give him away? Note: I mention that, because you suggested trading him with Koivu in the other thread.
Completely agree!

Koivu himself is equal if not better IMO than Staal... you throw in Granlund and it becomes laughable!

Koivu + Granlund >>>>>>>> Staal + a 2nd.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:11 PM
  #46
Jacques The Mayor
Registered User
 
Jacques The Mayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wastings mn
Country: United States
Posts: 665
vCash: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Koivu + Granlund = Better

One of the biggest problems with this club in the past is that they never had any decent prospects. You've got to grow some talent from within. Well, now we've got one. Why on earth would you want to give him away? Note: I mention that, because you suggested trading him with Koivu in the other thread.
You forgot the most important part.
2nd rounder! Woooohoooo

Jacques The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:17 PM
  #47
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boyle Sisters View Post
haha, that's great. thanks for the laughs!
I'm glad that someone picked this up

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:17 PM
  #48
EkiE
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Korso
Country:
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
hahaha well, I don't know what GM's look when they make trades, but im pretty sure Staal holds more value than Koivu and even more so other GM could get him for cheap considering his slump so far. Granlund is still prospect he can either be saviour or bust who knows. That's mentality im having here.

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:32 PM
  #49
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
hahaha well, I don't know what GM's look when they make trades, but im pretty sure Staal holds more value than Koivu and even more so other GM could get him for cheap considering his slump so far. Granlund is still prospect he can either be saviour or bust who knows. That's mentality im having here.
No offense man, but you're not really on the right track with trading mentality and such. I'm not an expert either, but if any team were to trade their big caliber players its when they're playing well but team is still out of playoffs, and these trades are made at the trading deadline. Or Burns, he had one of his best seasons and we got a fairly decent value out of him.

Besides youre jumping the gun way too much, seems like with this system no one is producing their usual numbers, and I'm fine with it as long as we can run away with enough wins. Koivu is tied 2nd in points.


Last edited by Foxlockbox: 11-19-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:35 PM
  #50
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,796
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
hahaha well, I don't know what GM's look when they make trades, but im pretty sure Staal holds more value than Koivu and even more so other GM could get him for cheap considering his slump so far. Granlund is still prospect he can either be saviour or bust who knows. That's mentality im having here.
Which is more reason not to move him. You don't give a player like that away for cheap. You don't ever want to give a guy away for cheap unless you are backed into a corner....unless your name is Doug Risebrough. Then you just give him away for free.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.