HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cheering for what now????

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2004, 08:32 AM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Cheering for what now????

Remember back during the cheering for children auctions, when I told y'all that my father won the "Golf with Sam & JD" package???

Well guess what HASN'T happened yet???

After the auction, they called him to confirm his winning bid, and take the dough.. (Which I'm SURE went right to the children, and NOT the lockout warchest)..

They said they'd contact him with dates..

He let time go by, thinking it was playoffs, then a little vacation time for at least JD..

About a month ago, he (my Dad) finally calls and the woman says "Oh my god, we're sorry, we'll contact you by the end of the day."

No call back..

I think he's a called again a few times, but not getting through to anyone..

Nice eh??

It's already September, I'm not sure where they planned on playing this, but I'd think they would want it done before November..

I don't know who would actually be responsible for it (travel office? Customer service?? the charities??), but I'm damn sure that Sam and JD know they put their names up to be auctioned and nothing has happened, so I'm pretty dissapointed that they haven't even sent an e-mail to apologize, or haven't insisted that a plan be made.

Exhibit# 3,754 on why the New York Rangers are a well run franchise..

Old
09-14-2004, 08:55 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Have your father contact the Rangers PR department. When I won the car a few years ago thats who I dealt with.

Tell them straight up that if this doesn't get resolved with 48 hours, the press and the NYS Attorney Generals Office will be notified. He paid for a service, because only part of the cost was considered a donation, which was designated by the FMV or fair market value.

The AG's Office is in charge of all non profit organizations and their funding practices.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/charities/charities.html

I believe that will get them off their butts.

Old
09-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Have your father contact the Rangers PR department. When I won the car a few years ago thats who I dealt with.
Thanks for the info LI shark, I mean Rangerfan!!!!

Did they give you a run around with the car??

Old
09-14-2004, 09:33 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Thanks for the info LI shark, I mean Rangerfan!!!!

Did they give you a run around with the car??
A little bit but I stayed on them and within 2 weeks I was on my way to NJ to pick it up.

Old
09-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Edge

That's why I get angry when people bash PR Departments. We are the one's usually left cleaning up the mess when company officers can't seem to do anything to justify their positions.

Old
09-14-2004, 10:32 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
That's why I get angry when people bash PR Departments. We are the one's usually left cleaning up the mess when company officers can't seem to do anything to justify their positions.
I agree Edge, the young woman who I dealt with was wonderful and her help was greatly appreciated.

Old
09-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Melrose_Jr.

4 words Davisian. "Fox 5 Problem Solvers". Oops, I guess that's 3 words and a number. Your Dad gets his prize, gets some face time on the news and gets to meet Lisa Evers, Formerly Hot 97's "Lisa G". Oh yah!

Old
09-14-2004, 05:35 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
4 words Davisian. "Fox Five Problem Solvers". Oops, I guess that's 3 words and a number. Your Dad gets his prize, gets some face time on the news and gets to meet Lisa Evers, Formerly Hot 97's "Lisa G". Oh yah!

Fixed it for you. Oh and i've heard about the famed mullet, I wonder if it runs in the family. I could just see Davisian jumping around in the background during the interview....

Old
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Oh and i've heard about the famed mullet, I wonder if it runs in the family. I could just see Davisian jumping around in the background during the interview....
The mullet's been gone for years, but I often think of bringing it back.. Pops doesn't stand for any of that "hippie **** "..

I should call Fox 5.. Meet the hottie and maybe get her to sabotage Dolan with an inteview, and watch the tool squirm..

Closed Thread