HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Ducks proposal (Poti not included)

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2004, 11:05 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Ducks proposal (Poti not included)

I feel we can use a LW with skill and grit.

Ducks - D Dale Purinton and 3rd in 05
Rangers - LW Mike LeClerc

I know we should not give up picks but we do need a LW. Although I would not mind Rucinsky back, but I think since we are rebuilding, we can use someone between the ages of 24-29.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
No way the Ducks bite on that, although I'd probably pull the trigger.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:18 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

I know we should not give up picks but we do need a LW. Although I would not mind Rucinsky back, but I think since we are rebuilding, we can use someone between the ages of 24-29.
Well at least this one does not have Poti or Rachunek in it. No way do the Ducks give up LeClerc for the immortal Dale Purinton and a 3rd rounder. Ducks would never bite on this.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Fletch

Not sure what's so great about Leclerc...

he's barely played the last couple seasons because of injuries and hasn't been productive. Has one 20 goal season under his belt (I believe it was 2001-2002) and he's 28 years old. I too wouldn't give up a third for him, perhaps a later round pick to give him a chance, but that's about it.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Onion Boy

Though is proposal is heavily lopsided in our favor, I think any deal involving us sending draft picks the other way is a bad deal. The only trades we should make are one-for-one deals or getting picks in exchange for our players.

I do agree that we need a little more muscle in the lineup, but I'd rather sign a guy like Battaglia than make a deal so a guy like Leclerc. Guys like them are so valuable to their team that one would have to overpay to get them, which IMO isn't worth it.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Edge

LeClerc was always one of those guys you'd expect more from. He realistically should be a consistent 25-30 goal guy who is a solid second line power winger. But it always seems like you keep waiting and waiting and waiting on him.

Having said that, Mike Knuble that even crap can turn to gold in the right situation so I wouldn't mind giving up a little something for him, just not sure what.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:54 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he's barely played the last couple seasons because of injuries and hasn't been productive. Has one 20 goal season under his belt (I believe it was 2001-2002) and he's 28 years old. I too wouldn't give up a third for him, perhaps a later round pick to give him a chance, but that's about it.
I tend to agree but he is still being undervalued in this proposed trade. Dale Purrinton is not worth anything. He would never be a key to any deal.

Old
09-14-2004, 11:56 AM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Make the pick a 4th or 5th and I'd say it's fair Pretty boring tade though. If you're gonna make up deals that likely won't happen at least throw in a few decent names! :lol

Old
09-14-2004, 12:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb3599
Though is proposal is heavily lopsided in our favor, I think any deal involving us sending draft picks the other way is a bad deal. The only trades we should make are one-for-one deals or getting picks in exchange for our players.

I do agree that we need a little more muscle in the lineup, but I'd rather sign a guy like Battaglia than make a deal so a guy like Leclerc. Guys like them are so valuable to their team that one would have to overpay to get them, which IMO isn't worth it.
We do need guys with skill and toughness, this is why Barnaby and Simon played well here. If they were not scoring, they did other things to help the team. This is why I wanted us to sign Wiemer. On Battaglia, he was only good on the Canes. On the Avs and Caps he was either hurt or not playing well. We do need depth on LW so maybe with more ice time maybe he would produce. Id take a chance on Battaglia over somone like resigning Hlavac. I wonder who else is out their. I wanted a guy like Konowalchuk b4 he signed with Avs.

Other possibilties at LW:

Dean McAmmond
Val Bure
Mikael Samuelsson
Petr Schaslivy
Ivan Novoseltsev
Todd Harvey
Ben Clymer
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre
Kip Miller

Old
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Dean McAmmond - good choice
Val Bure - I thought you wanted toughness?
Mikael Samuelsson - ditto
Petr Schaslivy - ditto
Ivan Novoseltsev - ditto
Todd Harvey - old, slow... what's to like? maybe he'd be good on the 4th
Ben Clymer - not enough skill
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre - ditto
Kip Miller - soft

Old
09-14-2004, 12:28 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Dean McAmmond - good choice
Val Bure - I thought you wanted toughness?
Mikael Samuelsson - ditto
Petr Schaslivy - ditto
Ivan Novoseltsev - ditto
Todd Harvey - old, slow... what's to like? maybe he'd be good on the 4th
Ben Clymer - not enough skill
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre - ditto
Kip Miller - soft
I say we need toughness with skill but at the same time we need LW and these are the best options for our team. And no I dont want Kariya another small player that will get beat up on a nightly basis.

Old
09-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Edge

Dean McAmmond - Maybe.
Val Bure - As a stopgate for the first line, he's done more than Rucinsky.
Mikael Samuelsson - Not too high on him at this point.
Petr Schaslivy - Maybe as a potential late bloomer.
Ivan Novoseltsev - See above.
Todd Harvey - His best chance came six years ago....it's since passed.
Ben Clymer - We ain't getting him.
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre - Not my cup of tea.
Kip Miller - No way.

Old
09-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Fletch

Hall...

I gave zero value to Purinton and my thought was based solely on the third round pick. I remember many of us in the Rivals days clamoring for a guy like Leclerc - big, young power forward and I think some of us are still stuck in those days. Since that 20 goal season in 2001-2002, when he was 25 going on 26, he's played two seasons, 67 games, and amassed 10 goals. He's going to be 28 now. Is he expected to return to 20 goal form? 82 game form? I think he's a huge risk and would only be worth taking at the right price - and I don't think a third rounder is that right price [for the Rangers].

Old
09-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Dean McAmmond
Val Bure
Mikael Samuelsson
Petr Schaslivy
Ivan Novoseltsev
Todd Harvey
Ben Clymer
Jean-Luc Grande-Pierre
Kip Miller
I'd take Rucinsky over all of them.

Old
09-14-2004, 09:04 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:

whats this miracle no poti included , jed get off them drugs

great deal, i would do it in a second, but, would anaheim no i doubt it.and a 3rd rounder i would do it .

i think leclerc is a big kid smewhere around 220lbs and 6'3" or so, is a lw and young would be excellent on the second line even to fill in with some first line time wouldnt hurt.i also think he is good for somewhere around 20 goals a season. anaheim would probably be looking for a pick and in a sense some one who could fill a spot needed in there lineup maybe some type of "b" prospect winger and a 3rd rounder maybe 4th, purrinton, i dont know if he would be wanted there unless toughness is really needed.maybe something like

to NYR- leclerc, Jason Krog
to ANA - 3rd rounder, dominic moore/Juris Stals ( some type of "B" prospect), purrinton

to nyr: leclerc and krog
to ana:lampman,4th rounder and future considerations( wheather it be a "B" level prospect or something like a 2007 draft pick, i dont know just throwing ideas out there)

the trade is basically 3rd rounder and lets say moore or stals for leclerc, and purrinton for jason krog, dont think krog is that much of a neccessity to the anaheim lineup, and i dont think they would be hurt by his lose and krog also is a LW / C, i believe. i wouldnt mind seeing a deal like that

something like that, not sure if krog is a free agent or not i think he might be , but thats just an idea im not exactly familiar with anaheim's prospects, well not enough to start looking up guys to make a trade idea

Old
09-15-2004, 01:42 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Leclerc has had physical problem but when he is healthy he is a very underrated and talented player. I'd move on him in a heartbeat.

Closed Thread